Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Carra is a dream on MNF.

Just tells it how it is no messing' date=' no worrying about upsetting anybody just the way it should be. personal fave's so far:

Neville: Van Persie is like a burglar coming to your house

Carra: You would be hiding under the bed so no need for you to worry :P

[b']Neville: Yeah and you would be the burglar[/b]

Also liked the way he just spoke the truth with regards to Arsenal the only people who overspend at Arsenal are the supporters and you feel for them.

You did forget to add the bolded part.

I think we have looked bright in spells, however same old story up front with Cisse for me can't hold up the ball and bring players in. Gone from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 inside 25 minutes, a sign that we are playing damage limitation football already.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Hatem is getting back to his fitness pre leg break. He already hitting his top speeds he got when he joined.

Don't think he be sold this summer. Needs a good season to get the money newcastle want. Also he won't force a move.

Cabaye will be sold if the offer is around 20m big talk is newcastle leaked the transfer bid to try and bring in PSG.

I thought it was a clear peno as well on first viewing but on the replay with the best angle it looked to be nowhere near enough pressure to make a man like Yaya go down.

Ain't seen a replay must have nipped out for me coffee when they showed it' date=' in real time though looked a pen but I ain't seen the replay

City have looked much more dangerous going forward, precise shot from Aguero just made it 2-0.

I didn't think it was a penalty but my stream is dodgy so I need to see it again, agreed on Ben Arfa, surprised there hasn't been more interest in him.

people are put off by his injury record and easy to understand why people are scared of making a big investment in a player so injury prone, the boy has talent of that there is no doubt. Just be great to see the lad get a run of games he has had horrendously bad luck.

You did forget to add the bolded part.

I think we have looked bright in spells' date=' however same old story up front with Cisse for me can't hold up the ball and bring players in. Gone from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 inside 25 minutes, a sign that we are playing damage limitation football already.[/font']

yeh but that bit weren't funny ;):)

As I say I really fear for you this season, how do you Toon fans think you will go?? I think it is fair to say I made my views fairly clear on the IMO distinctly average French clan you have got there. Is Effin Joe gunna pull his finger out his backside and make some signings?? I thought he had the ears and contacts of all the managers worldwide??

As I say I really fear for you this season' date=' how do you Toon fans think you will go?? I think it is fair to say I made my views fairly clear on the IMO distinctly average French clan you have got there. Is Effin Joe gunna pull his finger out his backside and make some signings?? I thought he had the ears and contacts of all the managers worldwide??[/quote']

I think it is fair to say we all take what Kinnear says with a pinch of salt.

I feel we will be better than last season but not by much, the young lad Dummett who is coming on has been the shining light in pre-season, so be nice to see how he gets on.

It is the same old story with Newcastle, linked with players and we never buy them then it will get to January and we will panick buy. We needed to get players in at the start of pre season not the start of the league campaign. A CB is a must, two CF's are also a must.

Your point on average French players, I still think it is way to early to say whether they are flops or not, there is no excuse for them now as they have had a pre season to grasp the language and acclimatise to the way of life/style of football etc.

What needs to be added is even very good players look ordinary when surrounded by ordinary players.

Kinnear is the worst signing we have made make no bones about it, I would rather have Roy Kinnear over Joe Kinnear.

people are put off by his injury record and easy to understand why people are scared of making a big investment in a player so injury prone' date=' the boy has talent of that there is no doubt. Just be great to see the lad get a run of games he has had horrendously bad luck.

[/quote']

Agreed, hope he stays injury free and adds some consistency to his game. When on form, he's one of the best in the league.

Newcastle look very short, what was a very solid partnership of Taylor and Coloccini is looking considerably more fragile these days, and their confidence will have taken a real pounding. Yanga-Mbiwa hasn't had a great start to his Newcastle career. Tiote also looks no great shakes these days. Gutierrez and Gouffran are decent squad players but not much more for me. Cisse look more and more ineffective. Sissoko looked great and has fizzled. They are of course without Remy, Cabaye and Santon but they just look very short, and the worst thing is that with Kinnear there's no confidence the necessary reinforcements will actually come.

I really like Newcastle, but am genuinely worried for them at this stage.

Newcastle look very short' date=' what was a very solid partnership of Taylor and Coloccini is looking considerably more fragile these days, and their confidence will have taken a real pounding. Yanga-Mbiwa hasn't had a great start to his Newcastle career. Tiote also looks no great shakes these days. Gutierrez and Gouffran are decent squad players but not much more for me. Cisse look more and more ineffective. Sissoko looked great and has fizzled. They are of course without Remy, Cabaye and Santon but they just look very short, and the worst thing is that with Kinnear there's no confidence the necessary reinforcements will actually come.

I really like Newcastle, but am genuinely worried for them at this stage.[/quote']

Yeah you have to worry for Newcastle. Doesn;t look like last season was ablip on this evidence.

Cracking free-kick from Yaya Toure mind.

I agree with a lot of what has been said regarding the lack of depth we have, however a little perspective, City have been very very good tonight and against 10 men for half the game does create the impression that we have been extremely poor, which in the first half we had some sporadic spells of neat quick passages of passing, that was lacking somewhat last season, the only problem with the neat passing is no end product and nobody dropping to pick the ball up, something I am hoping we will get from Remy.

I am not going to jump on the panic band wagon just yet, however if we do not pick up points at home early on then there will be serious cause for concern.

I think any team outside of the top 6 and down to 10 men for half a game would have struggled tonight against City, remember these are one of the favourites for the title.

Sponsors Man of the match I think I heard over the tannoy:eek: could be wrong mind:o

Wow really? REALLY? Thought Toure was the best player on the pitch. Both Kompany and Lescott were cool as cucumbers that have been at the back of the fridge for weeks.