Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Had a look back over the last few pages and didn't see anyone else discussing it so here goes... How does everyone feel about the call from several premier league and football league managers for the transfer window to end before the season starts?

I personally love deadline day being a bit after the season has started however i do agree with alot of the managers are saying the transfer window especially the final two weeks or so is a very disruptive time especially for a club with players who are highly sort after.

Would it really hurt if the permanent transfer window was pulled in line with the start of the new season? I think it would be a brilliant way to see in the new season having Jim White and Sky Sports reporting on Chelsea signing yet another multi million pound midfielder sign at 12pm on the eve of the new season or whatever transfer happens :P. The sense of excitement is still there and once its finished the real business begins with clubs having to cope with what they've got and everyone just fully concentrated on performances on the pitch.

Think it would be alot easier for all partys as Players and Managers will be under alot less pressure while fans can focus there attention on the weekends game and not worry if there star midfielder is about to do a runner 3 weeks into the new season.

What about the clubs/leagues from other European countries that start later/earlier than the Premier league' date=' Is this a rule that you would like to see implicated across the board? Even then that wouldn't stop players being able to move two weeks in as some of the other leagues start two weeks or more later that EPL.I can't see it working unless Fifa could somehow get all leagues to start at the same time.

Personally I like the transfer window the way it is but other than that the only change I could see happening is the removal of the transfer window all together.

I think the benefits of being able to buy to cover weaknesses/injury that appear in the early weeks outweigh the negatives of the window and season going on simultaneously. That said, I would argue that Arsenal's Cabaye bid on the day of their opening league game was a tad inappropriate though so perhaps legislation could be brought in saying clubs couldn't bid for players if their current club had a match scheduled that day/the following day. If the selling club instigates transfer talk then that would obviously be allowed and the rule would have to be lifted for a weekend deadline day.

If there was legislation meaning clubs couldn't bid for players if there current club had a match that day/the following day what would there be to stop the club making a bid for the same said player two night before the game, would it really make any difference?

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Steve Clark has said Anelka told him he wants to quit football.

Shame about the situation

Agent died. Natural first reaction.

Needs time to heal and let the initial emotions pass. If the opinion persists until the deadline day, West Brom probably need a new striker

Agent died. Natural first reaction.

Needs time to heal and let the initial emotions pass. If the opinion persists until the deadline day' date=' West Brom probably need a new striker[/quote']

As you say, he needs time to cool off but there was certainly discussions regarding retirement. With a week left it puts us in a tricky position, we was going for another winger and a CM but we will now have to look at replacing Anelka should he go. They will need an answer come Monday.