Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

;2705992']2 players who got so much stick early on last season doing well' date=' Sturridge/Giroud.

As for MOTD, think it will be watch Arsenal (bound to be first game) and that will be it.[/quote']

Yeah I only watched the first 60 minutes of the Arsenal game but Giroud was good too. I thought he was decent last season but a bit wasteful and build-up play wasn't what it should have been, but today I felt he really fought for the ball and some of his build-up was nice.

;2705992']2 players who got so much stick early on last season doing well' date=' Sturridge/Giroud.

As for MOTD, think it will be watch Arsenal (bound to be first game) and that will be it.[/quote']

It is indeed...

Order is the following if anyone is intersted/doesn't know...

Fulham/Arsenal

Stoke/Palace

Villa/Liverpool

Hull/Norwich

Southampton/Sunderland

Everton/West Brom

Newcastle/West Ham

That was a game Liverpool would have conceded a goal or two later on in the past few seasons. I am happy to see two slight wins, and been able to hold onto early leads after being under pressure through large swathes of the match. It is too early to tell, but the signs are quite good.

And how many games till Suarez is back? He may find he is on the bench if Liverpool keep playing well enough, but look to add punch later on.

Here is an interesting article I found on the transfer window. And it comes with a question, "should the window be closed before the first game?"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1747817-english-clubs-have-allowed-common-sense-to-go-out-the-transfer-window

That was a game Liverpool would have conceded a goal or two later on in the past few seasons. I am happy to see two slight wins' date=' and been able to hold onto early leads after being under pressure through large swathes of the match. It is too early to tell, but the signs are quite good.

And how many games till Suarez is back? He may find he is on the bench if Liverpool keep playing well enough, but look to add punch later on.

Here is an interesting article I found on the transfer window. And it comes with a question, "should the window be closed before the first game?"

[url']http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1747817-english-clubs-have-allowed-common-sense-to-go-out-the-transfer-window[/url]

I don't think it should be shut. It gives the managers a chance to improve thier squad after seeing how they perform under pressure. If they want to improve it they can. Also injuries are common at the start of the season due to match fitness, so the window can help with that also.

I'd like us to sign Odemwingie, nobody wants to sign him because of the QPR incident but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and put it more down to bad advisers.

He's got a very good Premier League goalscoring record and would be cheap at around £2 million and we need back up to Wilfried Bony.

It seems like he wants to join us, which probably puts us favourites to get him.

I'd like us to sign Odemwingie' date=' nobody wants to sign him because of the QPR incident but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and put it more down to bad advisers.

He's got a very good Premier League goalscoring record and would be cheap at around £2 million and we need back up to Wilfried Bony.

It seems like he wants to join us, which probably puts us favourites to get him.[/quote']

I have already said it but 2m is a snip. He grabs the ball and makes goals out of nothing but i would be interested to see him in your team because in short, he simply doesn't pass. Anywhere in the final third and he is only looking at the goal. I think he would be better off at a Cardiff where he would be a big player, dont think his ego could take sitting on your bench.

I have already said it but 2m is a snip. He grabs the ball and makes goals out of nothing but i would be interested to see him in your team because in short' date=' he simply doesn't pass. Anywhere in the final third and he is only looking at the goal. I think he would be better off at a Cardiff where he would be a big player, dont think his ego could take sitting on your bench.[/quote']

At times, we certainly need players who shoot on sight.

He'd play plenty of games for us, but I think he'd get a similar situation at Cardiff where they've spent huge money on Cornelius and Mackay prefers to play 4-5-1.

At times' date=' we certainly need players who shoot on sight.

He'd play plenty of games for us, but I think he'd get a similar situation at Cardiff where they've spent huge money on Cornelius and Mackay prefers to play 4-5-1.[/quote']

Well whoever gets him, they will get a quality player. Ironically, he is the exact type of player we are desperate for at the minute but we never allowed that bridge to stay open unfortunately.

Bony's not starting again and we will miss him, he's exactly what we have been missing and without him it's back to the end of last season with us lacking someone to hold the ball up and to finish our chances up front. Michu's not striker, and the sooner we bring in someone like Odemwingie the better because when Bony isn't playing, we need a striker to play to prevent us losing Michu who's nowhere near as good up front.

Think we'll struggle today.

Bony's not starting again and we will miss him' date=' he's exactly what we have been missing and without him it's back to the end of last season with us lacking someone to hold the ball up and to finish our chances up front. Michu's not striker, and the sooner we bring in someone like Odemwingie the better because when Bony isn't playing, we need a striker to play to prevent us losing Michu who's nowhere near as good up front.

Think we'll struggle today.[/quote']

We play you next Sunday so i really hope he don't go to you :P

We knew our place before' date=' not quite sure what that means fella!?!

We could of easily came out of those three games with five points. The performances (1st 40 against Liverpool aside) have given us Villa fans even more faith about the progression made under Lambert.[/quote']

Agree with this here, Villa have done more than enough to show people they can have a good season. Beat Arsenal comfortably and aside from the first 40 against Liverpool, showed real promise against Chelsea and Liverpool and could easily have come out of both those games with something.

I've been very impressed with Cardiff against City thus far. I'm rooting for them to stay up this season (not just because of today, I was at the start of the season).

Edit: Oops, jinxed it. 1-0 City. I've still been impressed though :P They don't deserve to be 1-0 down.

Edit 2: There we go. Fully deserved :)

Edit 3: 2-1! :D