Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Had a feeling Cardiff would get something today, made me a few quid so pleased for them :P

that being said I think some of the "praise" is going way OTT they showed a lot of guts, character, organisation, will but I don't really think general football "quality" was really there.

Dont get me wrong quality comes in many different forms but At the end if the day when they got the 2nd City were dominating proceedings and they won by two set-pieces courtesy of horrific City defending, not like they opened em up or anything although Kim was excellent play in the run up to the first goal.

Will say the fans were superb general excitement of Premier League Football and the circumstances made for a great day for Cardiff and they should be rightly proud although I think they will in general have a season of trouble I don't see enough quality in that side for anything else.

Three points above Swansea though so all good if you are a Cardiff fan :)

Had a feeling Cardiff would get something today' date=' made me a few quid so pleased for them :P

that being said I think some of the "praise" is going way OTT they showed a lot of guts, character, organisation, will but I don't really think general football "quality" was really there.

Dont get me wrong quality comes in many different forms but At the end if the day when they got the 2nd City were dominating proceedings and they won by two set-pieces courtesy of horrific City defending, not like they opened em up or anything although Kim was excellent play in the run up to the first goal.

Will say the fans were superb general excitement of Premier League Football and the circumstances made for a great day for Cardiff and they should be rightly proud although I think they will in general have a season of trouble I don't see enough quality in that side for anything else.

Three points above Swansea though so all good if you are a Cardiff fan :)[/quote']

Wholly agreed, they showed great fight in their own half but in reality they could put in that exact same attacking performance against a team like Palace or Hull and come away with nothing, or a goal at most. Fantastic result but seen several people saying 'No way will they get relegated if they can put in a performance like that', not convinced me of anything much yet personally.

Spurs already resorting to dives to stay ahead of arsenal....

Soldado was tidy though' date=' and a good pen. first signing in years spurs have made (they rave about everyone and still come 5th), that strikes me with real fear in raising the quality of spurs to a dangerous level.[/quote']

Didn't think Soldado did anything other than slot away the pen, Paulinho was the real star for Spurs and bossed the midfield and a bit unfortunate not to get a couple of goals as well.

Wouldn't it be irony if Rooney scores the winner tonight

especially if it was the last winning goal which is 12/1

Interesting punt if your into betting -

there was 3 red cards across both games last year - 2 of the to the RB

Hernandez has scored 6 goals in 7 games vs Chelsea

Last year there was an Own goal in both games

Guess that means it'll either be a draw or chelsea win then!

I have got the outcome (not the exact result) on 8 out of 9 this week sadly I am such a bottle job when it comes to betting that despite all that in my little lucky 15s etc that I haven't really cleaned up like I should have.

Anyhow given that I have had such a unusually good week of predictions I am gunna go for

United 1 Chelsea 1

I don't see Chelsea losing just a gut feeling, if Nybody is gunna win fancy them to do so, although United clearly have the best striker on the pitch whoever Chelsea play up there.

TBH given the weekend's results if it is a draw with 15mins to go I can see both teams being very content with a point.

Somehow I feel like it's going to be a weird game with a weird result. Either lopsided, or high scoring, or a weird 0-0. Most likely the first two options.

A pointless gut instinct with nothing to base it on and only presented here for personal amusement, especially when I'm proven wrong and this game ends 1-1 :D.