Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

But they tried to win.

They did a pretty bad job of trying to do that.

!00% agree with you there mate' date=' but once we take Fellaini away [b']from that so called Everton club[/b] all will be great in the red half of Manchester, and its only a matter of time, cant wait.

smileys-dancing-176278.gif

What else are we going to be called? I don't think Fellaini would have made much difference last night.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Welcome back Jose' date=' i've missed sleeping during Chelsea games.[/quote']
Chelsea are everything wrong with football.

What planet are you on??

Yes Chelsea may have a multi-talented squad but they are playing away from home against lets remind everybody the Champions of England.

They aint going to open up and make it a you shoot we shoot affair, the main objective was not to lose the game and away from home against one of your major rivals that is a normal thing to try to do.

yes it does not make for the best most entertaining football but it is an ends to a means. Chelsea I don't believe went there with no intent of winning but that is the way the game panned out and they done a great job of containing United and countering any threats.

This is the results business and a 0-0 draw away to United is a result any side in the country would take if offered before kick-off.

They stay unbeaten, one of the major obstacles out the way and move on.

I'm sorry but any team that spends the money they do' date=' should not be playing like that at any point of the season. Clubs like them are already a cancer to football, without boring the pants of people.[/quote']

I am hardly Chelsea's biggest fan but there approach to a game away at the Champions is understandable. They are playing Man United if they set up that way away to a Cardiff etc I could understand your point.

The PL is a 38 game slog and that point may be so valuable for them come May, it may well prove the difference. Drawing away at a major rival cant be considered anything but a decent result.

Yes not exhilarating to watch I was as bored as the rest of us but pragmatic and understandable.

Chelsea weren't the most exciting against Hull...

You Joking??

The first 35 mins they were excellent, created chances at will free-flowing great football to watch.

They got the job done in that spell and then like Mourinho does decided to close the game up. They had a game midweek as well which other clubs did not lets not forget that, so conserving energy was likely.

Mourinho's teams are always boring. It's as though he sets them out that way so he can attract all the attention to himself when he's with the media.

Real Madrid score 103 goals last season. Even for a team that superior to others in the league they were hardly boring to watch. I think this whole Mourinho's teams are boring lark is rubbish. He set's out his teams to get ahead early and keep that lead. Whats so wrong with that? It works also.

Football is all about balancing performance with results. No one remembers second place even if they played the more beautiful football. As Ray said below Them first 30-40 minutes were extremely entertaining but at the end of the day they had the points sealed up and i think they switched off completely at half time.

In a separate point i've seen alot of people slating the game last night saying how boring it was. Personally i'm with Roy on the fact that i found the game quite entertaining. It wasn't the best game i've ever witnessed in my life but i watched the whole 90 minutes and was relatively satisfied at the end!

I blame Moyes for this draw, he obviously didn't want to lose his first home game in charge. I'd say overall throughout the match Chelsea always looked more threatening, committed more players higher up the pitch, had the better chances, passed the ball better with more penetration. If you didn't see the fixture list before the match you'd have thought we were the ones with 3 games in a week!

I don't get why he refuses to start Kagawa. He's the only proper player who can thread a needle of a pass through opponents defence on a consistent basis. Welbeck is a liability and tries to show-off too much (which lead to Swansea's goal), Valencia looks totally lost on that right hand side, Giggs hasn't got the legs fully anymore. Without the quality of the supplies you can hardly expect Van Persie to score, start Kagawa behind RVP and I'm 100% sure we'll score heavily.

I don't believe Rooney's performance yesterday was an honest one, his attitude in the Swansea game was totally different to this one. He knows the world is watching so he put in a shift to show other teams what he's capable of and hopes there will be bids coming in.

Real Madrid score 103 goals last season. Even for a team that superior to others in the league they were hardly boring to watch. I think this whole Mourinho's teams are boring lark is rubbish. He set's out his teams to get ahead early and keep that lead. Whats so wrong with that? It works also.

It's not just goals that make football exciting though. His style of play is terrible to watch imo, I'd rather watch a much more adventurous side that are more risky but offer more entertainment.

There is a lot of managers in the world that could play the type of football that Mourinho sets his team out to do and get slated for it. Rafa Benitez being a prime example. I mean yesterday Twitter was exploding about some sort of 'mind game' he was playing because he didn't start a recognised striker. What's that all about?

I blame Moyes for this draw' date=' he obviously didn't want to lose his first home game in charge. [b']I'd say overall throughout the match Chelsea always looked more threatening, committed more players higher up the pitch, had the better chances, [/b]passed the ball better with more penetration. If you didn't see the fixture list before the match you'd have thought we were the ones with 3 games in a week!

I don't get why he refuses to start Kagawa. He's the only proper player who can thread a needle of a pass through opponents defence on a consistent basis. Welbeck is a liability and tries to show-off too much (which lead to Swansea's goal), Valencia looks totally lost on that right hand side, Giggs hasn't got the legs fully anymore. Without the quality of the supplies you can hardly expect Van Persie to score, start Kagawa behind RVP and I'm 100% sure we'll score heavily.

I don't believe Rooney's performance yesterday was an honest one, his attitude in the Swansea game was totally different to this one. He knows the world is watching so he put in a shift to show other teams what he's capable of and hopes there will be bids coming in.

A couple of points i have to disagree with in the post but it's just my opinion of course! Firstly i thought Chelsea looked lost first half it was picked up well by the pundits on TV and i just kept thinking all half that Chelsea seemed to lack any real attacking threat . They were just lumping it up to André Schurrle hoping to get him in behind the Man United back four without any real success. Second half the chances improved alot in terms of quality although i felt the game was very much in Uniteds favour for the majority and had they created a few more chances and taken the game by the throat it was theres for the taking.

I felt Valencia had an alright game. he was by no means brilliant but i felt he had a decent match. With Jones over lapping him on the right he provided adequate cover and created a number of chances for United. Although i think he could of released the ball slightly earlier on occasion and made one or two bad passes in the match which could of created real goal scoring opportunity's i feel saying he was '"lost out on the right" is a little extreme if not unfair.

Also isn't Kagawa not match fit and roumers today seem to suggest Rooney is looking ever more likely to stay?

It's not just goals that make football exciting though. His style of play is terrible to watch imo' date=' I'd rather watch a much more adventurous side that are more risky but offer more entertainment.

There is a lot of managers in the world that could play the type of football that Mourinho sets his team out to do and get slated for it. Rafa Benitez being a prime example. I mean yesterday Twitter was exploding about some sort of 'mind game' he was playing because he didn't start a recognised striker. What's that all about?[/quote']

Mou gets results; sometimes his teams are excellent, adventurous and marvelous to watch in my opinion but only when he lets them be. He wants to win and the results come before the performance. He's already shown in fazes this season v's both Hull and Villa he is more than happy to let his sides play but not at the expense of losing the game. I would also to think goals are what make football exciting. Think i'd find watching Southampton beat Liverpool 6-0 much more entertaining than watching us draw 0-0 no?

Yeah that was a bit extreme and tbh who knows if its was mind games or not? I personally don't think it was but everyones entitled to their opinion! I thought he set Chelsea up yesterday to counter attack and felt putting Schurrle up top would be the perfect way to exploit and slow looking United backline.

I blame Moyes for this draw' date=' he obviously didn't want to lose his first home game in charge. I'd say overall throughout the match Chelsea always looked more threatening, committed more players higher up the pitch, had the better chances, passed the ball better with more penetration. If you didn't see the fixture list before the match you'd have thought we were the ones with 3 games in a week!

I don't believe Rooney's performance yesterday was an honest one, his attitude in the Swansea game was totally different to this one. He knows the world is watching so he put in a shift to show other teams what he's capable of and hopes there will be bids coming in.[/quote']

I actually kind of think that we all knew how Mourinho would approach a game like this given the circumstances. Moyes on the other hand I feel was scared by Mourinho and perhaps started more passively than he would've wanted to under normal circumstances (say if this game happened next season). Eventually he adjusted and attacked more (realizing Man United was at home so Mourinho was quite happy to not take silly risks) but he wasted a lot of time in the beginning of the game by not being more aggressive.

I blame Moyes for this draw' date=' he obviously didn't want to lose his first home game in charge. I'd say overall throughout the match Chelsea always looked more threatening, committed more players higher up the pitch, had the better chances, passed the ball better with more penetration. If you didn't see the fixture list before the match you'd have thought we were the ones with 3 games in a week!

I don't believe Rooney's performance yesterday was an honest one, his attitude in the Swansea game was totally different to this one. He knows the world is watching so he put in a shift to show other teams what he's capable of and hopes there will be bids coming in.[/quote']

Disagree about Valencia im afraid, thought he played well,

Rooney is off id say and Kagawa should come in for Welbeck

I thought Valencia was good , His dribbling was excellent and loved the way he was getting past people but his end product wasnt there and seems to hesitate to whip an early ball in. When Valencia finally gets his confidence back he will be the player that Manchester United brought which is a damn good winger :)

Rooney is staying for now :)