Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Isgrove (20) , Rowe (18) , Sinclair (18) and Reed (18) all made their senior debuts for the first team tonight. The later 3 are very talented indeed and i expect to see all three make a premier league squad before the seasons out if only on the bench!

So excited by our future add them 3 (4 if you include Isgrove - i'm still undecided on him) to Chambers (18) whos started our opening 2 league matches as well as Shaw (18) and James Ward Prowse (18) we're showing real promise! Also the likes of Target a young left back who looks only a year away from training with the first team and Jack Stephens who also benched for us tonight. This generation of Saints youth players could be the best yet!

Our squad ridiculously young also. Of course i knew this but i had the squad sheet up and it really hit me! Our captains only 25 and we have the likes of Wanyama (22) , Rodriguez (24) , Clyne (22) , Gaston (22) and Cork (24) etc in the squad. Fantastic time to be a Saints fan!

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Disagree about Valencia im afraid' date=' thought he played well,

Rooney is off id say and Kagawa should come in for Welbeck[/quote']

Disagree about Valenica here ;)

Didn't play well, again he failed to create opportunities when forced to use his left peg, instead he pivots a full 360 degrees and passes with his right foot (usually back towards our own goal) and we lose momentum from the attack.

He does that far too often and it's slightly frustrating to watch a professional footballer who is so one dimensional and lacks the ability to use both feet in an effective manner.

He's a bit like Forrest Gump, give him simple instructions to run and cross and he'll be okay.

Isgrove (20) ' date=' Rowe (18) , Sinclair (18) and Reed (18) all made their senior debuts for the first team tonight. The later 3 are very talented indeed and i expect to see all three make a premier league squad before the seasons out if only on the bench!

So excited by our future add them 3 (4 if you include Isgrove - i'm still undecided on him) to Chambers (18) whos started our opening 2 league matches as well as Shaw (18) and James Ward Prowse (18) we're showing real promise! Also the likes of Target a young left back who looks only a year away from training with the first team and Jack Stephens who also benched for us tonight. This generation of Saints youth players could be the best yet!

Our squad ridiculously young also. Of course i knew this but i had the squad sheet up and it really hit me! Our captains only 25 and we have the likes of Wanyama (22) , Rodriguez (24) , Clyne (22) , Gaston (22) and Cork (24) etc in the squad. Fantastic time to be a Saints fan![/quote']

Great young players , the future looks bright.

What do people think of Lamela's 30M move to Spurs? Personally think it's a bit overpriced...

Lamela is an excellent player and if he can adjust to the life PL then he can be a great player to watch and 30 million would be a bargain :) And 30 million is dependent on a lot of bonuses im led to believe as well.

I think that getting Lamela and £50m+ for Bale is a great deal if Lamela can adapt. Spurs were never going to get a bargain now that the world knows how deep their pockets are.
Lamela is an excellent player and if he can adjust to the life PL then he can be a great player to watch and 30 million would be a bargain :) And 30 million is dependent on a lot of bonuses im led to believe as well.

From what I've seen of him he isn't an out-n-out winger like Lennon or Bale, more like Sigurdsson sort of midfielder as he likes to drift inside from the right hand side.

Agree that Spurs weren't going to get a bargain but I don't think he's worth more to Spurs than Soldado who's fitted in really well. Perhaps 22-25M would be more reasonable. I'm guessing they want a replacement quickly before window shuts.

I'm trying to think of direct left footed wingers in the market atm but can't think of any other than Bale or Ribery :o

From what I've seen of him he isn't an out-n-out winger like Lennon or Bale' date=' more like Sigurdsson sort of midfielder as he likes to drift inside from the right hand side.[/quote']

Like Sigurdsson.....but better.

All modern day wingers like to drift inside anyway. Sigurdsson isn't a winger, never has been from what I recall. Spurs are just using him for utility.

This one didn't go too well:

From what I've seen of him he isn't an out-n-out winger like Lennon or Bale' date=' more like Sigurdsson sort of midfielder as he likes to drift inside from the right hand side.

Agree that Spurs weren't going to get a bargain but [b']I don't think he's worth more to Spurs than Soldado who's fitted in really well[/b]. Perhaps 22-25M would be more reasonable. I'm guessing they want a replacement quickly before window shuts.

I'm trying to think of direct left footed wingers in the market atm but can't think of any other than Bale or Ribery :o

First: fitted in really well? What else he did against Swans than convert that penalty? He hardly touched the ball. I cannot wait for him to have a bad day with Spurs if this is him doing "really well". But of course, he has never been particularly impressive player, so maybe this is what you can expect from him. But in that case, Lamela certainly is worth much more than Soldado.

Second: Ribéry is right-footed. And he is not in the market at the moment.

Ribery is right footed although can use his left ;)

Id rather remember assombalonga :P

This one didn't go too well:

First: fitted in really well? What else he did against Swans than convert that penalty? He hardly touched the ball. I cannot wait for him to have a bad day with Spurs if this is him doing "really well". But of course' date=' he has never been particularly impressive player, so maybe this is what you can expect from him. But in that case, Lamela certainly is worth much more than Soldado.

Second: Ribéry is right-footed. And he is not in the market at the moment.[/quote']

Ribery: I'm pretty sure he's both footed(?) and operates down the left for Bayern. Robben likes to cut inside from the right hand side and shoot.

Soldado: We shall see but I can see him scoring 15-25 goals for spurs this season, maybe more.

If spurs do get Lamela I'd play him behind Soldado, with Lennon on the right and Dembele/Chadli on the left, I'm not convinced by Sigurdsson.

If spurs do get Lamela I'd play him behind Soldado' date=' with Lennon on the right and Dembele/Chadli on the left, I'm not convinced by Sigurdsson.[/quote']

Yeah behind .... he played 5-6 times as an AM/SS last year and completely floped. Lamela's prefered positions is winger!