Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Ribery: I'm pretty sure he's both footed(?) and operates down the left for Bayern. Robben likes to cut inside from the right hand side and shoot.

Soldado: We shall see but I can see him scoring 15-25 goals for spurs this season' date=' maybe more.

If spurs do get Lamela I'd play him behind Soldado, with Lennon on the right and Dembele/Chadli on the left, I'm not convinced by Sigurdsson.[/quote']

Ribéry is very comfortable with left, perhaps to the extent that if he was English he would be called both-footed, but right is his preferred foot and he definitely is not primarily left-footed. Watch him take set pieces. Never on left. Watch how he tends to turn the ball to right foot, how he holds it with right before making moves.

I don't understand what is the relevance of the rest. Are you trying to say Ribéry is an out and out winger? Is that what you meant with direct left footed winger? But that's all wrong then. He very seldom runs at the goal line, almost always turning inwards. Similar to Robben, with exception that he often comes all the way down to the right flank to help make plays from there. So not only cutting in, but covering the whole width of the field. Definitely not a classical winger. Rather he is a a central playmaker or support striker type of a player who has been (voluntarily) turned into an inverted winger and still often moving laterally over the field to control the play in a manner resembling a "central winger".

Soldado, 25? Maybe more?! :eek: Perhaps, if Spurs get 15+ penalties. 10-15 is more likely, and that with the penalties. And if he doesn't score, he is pretty much useless, as he offers so little other things that most players Spurs could put on his place would do more.

However, the point was that you said he has already fitted in well, as if he had played well. But it is bloody obvious that he has thus far shown nothing worth of his transfer fee. Perhaps he will show. If he scores 15+ goals (without penalties), then he might have justified his price. Thus far, to say that he is doing well proves just an incredibly low standard, and certainly so low that Lamela can top that. And that was my point.

On last paragraph, I agree with Anri and ManU4Life. Especially with the latter.

I get a feeling that you are making wild guesses here without knowing much what you're talking about. Especially with Bayern and Ribéry. It just goes wrong. Soldado and Lamela are another thing, we'll see about them, but what you say about Bayern and Ribéry, it just isn't right.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23868923

Wow, just wow.

So Bale + 12M = Paulinho + Chadli + Soldado + Capoue + Chiriches + Lamela + Eriksen? :eek:

Excellent summer for Tottenham, enough to challeng for the title over the next few seasons I believe (but not hope, lol).

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd look across and be very envious ;) Heck I'm even envious as an United fan at Eriksen, Lamela and Paulinho who would improve our squad very much

Wow' date=' just wow.

So Bale + 12M = Paulinho + Chadli + Soldado + Capoue + [b']Chiriches[/b] + Lamela + Eriksen? :eek:

Excellent summer for Tottenham, enough to challeng for the title over the next few seasons I believe (but not hope, lol).

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd look across and be very envious ;) Heck I'm even envious as an United fan at Eriksen, Lamela and Paulinho who would improve our squad very much

He hasn't been confirmed or even signed yet.

Wow' date=' just wow.

So Bale + 12M = Paulinho + Chadli + Soldado + Capoue + Chiriches + Lamela + Eriksen? :eek:

If I was an Arsenal fan I'd look across and be very envious ;) Heck I'm even envious as an United fan at Eriksen, Lamela and Paulinho who would improve our squad very much[/quote']

Also wonder how much extra wages would these players be on? :confused::eek:

Be done by the end of the day.

Its the Eriksen deal that people seem to be getting miles ahead of their noses with.

Why is the fee so small for him? :confused:

And as for an Arsenal Fan yes, it is annoying.

AVB talking to Lamela and Eriksen

Mourinho talking to Atsu and Eto'o

Wenger talking to himself.

;2711397']Why is the fee so small for him? :confused:

And as for an Arsenal Fan yes' date=' it is annoying.

AVB talking to Lamela and Eriksen

Mourinho talking to Atsu and Eto'o

Wenger talking to himself.[/quote']

He is in last year of the contract, surprised at all that Liverpool didn't try to signed him when there's no Spurs around, I believe he's heavily linked after Mkhitaryan move off :confused:

Wenger part :D:D

Ajax have supposedly said that it is a done deal this morning but I can't find the original source' date=' only people discussing it.[/quote']

I heard something this morning that Ajax had given him permission to start talking to you, but nothing as advanced as a deal had been fee had been agreed. Apparently they want £10m, you are only offering £9m.

I heard something this morning that Ajax had given him permission to start talking to you' date=' but nothing as advanced as a deal had been fee had been agreed. Apparently they want £10m, you are only offering £9m.[/quote']

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/ajax/21846237/__DEAL_AJAX_EN_SPURS__.html

They're supposedly the top newspaper for Ajax.

AMSTERDAM -

Ajax has filed with the departure of Christian Eriksen (21). In the Amsterdam ArenA accepted the directors Michael Kinsbergen and Marc Overmars bid Tottenham Hotspur, the ongoing ten-month contract from the Dane repurchases for 12 million euros. Londoners pay the amount - that placement for the Champions League reaches 12.5 million - in three annual installments (€ 4 million).

Surprised clubs aren't queueing up for Eriksen at £10m. That is so cheap for him - especially Liverpool/Arsenal kind of clubs. Great player, he's run Ajax for the last couple of years.

Edit: I think AVB is getting a bit carried away

"Chelsea would never sell [Mata] to a title rival"

Not this year Andre, not this year

Reports from France suggest Man City are chasing Mangala.

If it's the reports that I've seen then they also say that Porto want his release clause of £37m :P I'd rather him to Demichelis' date=' but not at that price.

Demichelis also by the sounds of it.

I think that if we sign two CBs, Lescott will be on his way.

Why so cheap?

Last year of contract IIRC.