Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Spending £100m for only a place or two up the table? Football is crazy these days! If Arsenal spent that (haha I know right Arsenal and spend in the same sentence!!) and weren't contending for the title I'd not be a happy bunny. :P

Well they're spending more like £10 million, you obviously have to take in to consideration the sales of Parker, Huddlestone, Caulker and Bale.

If that £10 million net spend (roughly) gets them one place up the table, then with Champions League money they'll be doing well and recouping that money.

Spurs have done terrific business though and will be a force to be reckoned with next season, especially with the lack of spending from Arsenal.

Madrid are apparently ready to let Kaka leave on a free transfer. His wages may be hefty, but he'd be a good signing for PL clubs (well, those who actually need him). Can anyone think of any PL team in particular that might fancy signing him for nothing? Hmm :P

Can't say I've physically seen anything reliable on the matter mind, so it could just be a load of tosh. Would RM really let a player they spent so much money on go for free?

Madrid are apparently ready to let Kaka leave on a free transfer. His wages may be hefty' date=' but he'd be a good signing for PL clubs (well, those who actually need him). Can anyone think of any PL team in particular that might fancy signing him for nothing? Hmm :P[/quote']

He'll go back to Milan.

He's still got a good touch on him but he's lost a lot a bit of pace and fitness and would potentially find the PL very hard to cope with.

Italy suits him and Milan perfectly so.

Madrid are apparently ready to let Kaka leave on a free transfer. His wages may be hefty' date=' but he'd be a good signing for PL clubs (well, those who actually need him). Can anyone think of any PL team in particular that might fancy signing him for nothing? Hmm :P

Can't say I've physically seen anything reliable on the matter mind, so it could just be a load of tosh. Would RM really let a player they spent so much money on go for free?[/quote']

Kaka is a dead cert for Milan, especially after they sold Boateng to Schalke.

This is mental! AVB must be sacked if they get anything less than 2nd with this outlay!

Having done my sums, Tottenham are actually in line with FFP. If Bale does leave for the fee reported, with the sales of Caulker, Dempsey, Huddlestone and Parker they will be break-even, maybe even a little bit in the black.

is it true United bid 20-25m for Ander Herrera :o:o:o

That's the word on the street.

I'm losing the plot on player valuations in this market. If you look at the going price for a CM in this window....

Fernandinho £35m

Illaramendi £26.5m

Mkhitaryan £24m

Moutinho £22m

Thiago Alcantara £22m

Kondogbia £17.6m

Paulinho £17.5m

Luiz Gustavo £15.5m

Strootman £14.5m

Denisov £13m

Wanyama £13m

Eriksen £11.9m

Medel £11.5m

Lass £10.6m

Boateng £10.3m

Belhanda £9.7m

Capoue £9.7m

.... It's anybodies guess what any player is worth.

I'm losing the plot on player valuations in this market. If you look at the going price for a CM in this window....

Fernandinho £35m

Illaramendi £26.5m

Mkhitaryan £24m

Moutinho £22m

Thiago Alcantara £22m

Kondogbia £17.6m

Paulinho £17.5m

Luiz Gustavo £15.5m

Strootman £14.5m

Denisov £13m

Wanyama £13m

Eriksen £11.9m

Medel £11.5m

Lass £10.6m

Boateng £10.3m

Belhanda £9.7m

Capoue £9.7m

Flamini £FREE :o

Aha ha ha

Fernandinho £35m

Illaramendi £26.5m

Mkhitaryan £24m

Moutinho £22m

Thiago Alcantara £22m

Kondogbia £17.6m

Paulinho £17.5m

Luiz Gustavo £15.5m

Strootman £14.5m

Denisov £13m

Wanyama £13m

Eriksen £11.9m

Medel £11.5m

Lass £10.6m

Boateng £10.3m

Belhanda £9.7m

Capoue £9.7m

25m for Herrera is excessive to say the least by about 50% I would say but hey like you say the marketis so crazy who knows.

25m for Herrera is excessive to say the least by about 50% I would say but hey like you say the marketis so crazy who knows.

I wonder what the rating for the players would be if SM based it on a player's transfer value and cost.

Example: Kondogbia being higher rated than Capoue.

Tottenhams got a great team, only thing is I think we have to settle as a team first, let the players adjust to there new surroundings, I am hoping for a win tomorrow, but I won't be expecting any big score lines yet, I have no doubt that by November/December side we're going to be a great side, we have great ability attacking wise and Defending wise we are pretty decent, only thing I'd ask for is for Ade to go, and a new left back and I'd love someone experienced like Coentrao here

Tottenhams got a great team' date=' only thing is I think we have to settle as a team first, let the players adjust to there new surroundings, I am hoping for a win tomorrow, but I won't be expecting any big score lines yet, I have no doubt that by November/December side we're going to be a great side, we have great ability attacking wise and Defending wise we are pretty decent, only thing I'd ask for is for Ade to go, and a new left back and I'd love someone experienced like Coentrao here[/quote']

Danny Rose is an absolute beast! I'd be very annoyed if we brought in a LB (wich we don't need) to push Rose to the bench as I fully believe that he'll have an amazing season for us!