Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Sunderland are dreadful. I was pretty excited for them at the start of the season, passionate manager, new players, lot of money had been spent, but they look so poor.

Gayle makes it 2-1 from the spot, and Sunderland down to 10 men. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Di Canio get the sack.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

I'm not angry. Not at all' date=' I don't know how to describe my feelings at the moment. The only thing I care about right now is our team. Not about our fans, not about our board and certainly not about Wenger. And I'm not worried about your signings. I applaud the way you've done business, most of the players you signed are top notch. Chelsea had a far superior team last year, yet we still finished only two points behind them. Your team right now is certainly not as good as Chelsea's, so I'm confident. Despite Wenger being a greedy .... I believe he'll still get the job done and finish top 4.[/quote']

You're not angry? really?

And we were 1 point behind you, therefore 3 behind Chelsea. In this league you can't afford to stay standstill from season to season when you're in a tantalizing position like both of our clubs are. You have to continue to improve your club, whether that is management or playing staff and you haven't done (yet). With the squad that you have, I would be far from happy. Infact I would be so desperate for the management to sort it out.

Sunderland are dreadful. I was pretty excited for them at the start of the season' date=' passionate manager, new players, lot of money had been spent, but they look so poor.

Gayle makes it 2-1 from the spot, and Sunderland down to 10 men. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see Di Canio get the sack.[/quote']

In the run up to our game I heard much from their fans about it being a 'total football' match, after they dominated the game against Fulham but couldn't crack Fulham's defensive approach. Much was said about Di Canio's flowing attacking approach and that it would be an open and attacking game... They ended up scoring early and from that point onwards you could count on one hand they had more than 3 players in our half and we ended up with about 70% possession haha. Not an unreasonable approach for an away team but was pretty amusing considering the buzz going into the game. Still early doors but at the moment not sold on Di Canio and the changes to their squad whilst in many cases needed, have been far too wholesale for me.

Be interesting to hear Everton fans views on there start to the season.

EDIT: For the record' date=' I ain't sniping.[/quote']

Just need a striker who knows how to put the ball in the net. We would have beat Norwich and West Brom if we had one of these. Didn't see the games so can't comment about the game today. Also the Baines and Fellaini situation can't be helping.

Said at the start they would suffer under Martinez' date='Never rated Martinez tbh.[/quote']

We haven't lost yet and had much worse starts under Moyes but I bet you rate him as he is your manager don't you?

i think my bet on then finishing in the bottom 5 is looking good;)

It's not and you have wasted your money.

Just need a striker who knows how to put the ball in the net. We would have beat Norwich and West Brom if we had one of these. Didn't see the games so can't comment about the game today. Also the Baines and Fellaini situation can't be helping.

We haven't lost yet and had much worse starts under Moyes but I bet you rate him as he is your manager don't you?

It's not and you have wasted your money.

atleast he got you 3 points :rolleyes:

Moyes is a great manager.

Excuses really' date='as we have already agreed,we'll see at the end of the season :)[/quote']

Not really, he has been left a small squad by the 'great' David Moyes. His two best players are being linked away, all our strikers are out of form and finally the team are adapting to a new style of play so it will take time.

Not really' date=' he has been left a small squad by the 'great' David Moyes. His two best players are being linked away, all our strikers are out of form and finally the team are adapting to a new style of play so it will take time.[/quote']

A season's enough for that.

So you accept the Greatness of Moyes as he got you respectable league position with a small squad with Martinez wont be able to ?

Oh take a bow son. Great win for Palace. I'll eat my words about not seeing where the goals are coming from :o

good win for Palace plenty of happy Palace fans singing and shouting going past my house

Such a shame that they will definitely go down.

Be interesting to hear Everton fans views on there start to the season.

EDIT: For the record' date=' I ain't sniping.[/quote']

Said it before the season starts will be astonished if he gets the same points as Moyes last season, cant see it. Moyes achieved as much as is possible IMO at Everton without significant investment for me they have hit there glass ceiling without that investment. Never really rated Martinez I think his "tactical acumen" is grossly overrated.