Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Courtois > Cech.

Baffled why Chelsea haven't brought him back yet.

its not necessary like that.

Cech is a club legend and making him unhappy and playing Courtois would only throw a negative message to the dressing room as many of the players would stand up in Cech's favor.

plus we all know that Courtois is eventually going to take over Cech and its safe to say that Chelsea dont need a GK for the next 15 years.

If Courtois comes in for Cech,it would be the same Dilemma that took place with AvB at Chelsea but ofcourse Mou has better control then AvB.

Good joke pal or hopefully it was a joke?

No joke - If I was doing forum stand-up i'd open with your "Welbeck is useless" material.

its not necessary like that.

Cech is a club legend and making him unhappy and playing Courtois would only throw a negative message to the dressing room as many of the players would stand up in Cech's favor.

plus we all know that Courtois is eventually going to take over Cech and its safe to say that Chelsea dont need a GK for the next 15 years.

If Courtois comes in for Cech' date='it would be the same Dilemma that took place with AvB at Chelsea but ofcourse Mou has better control then AvB.[/quote']

Make sense I suppose but he's a better 'keeper so, if it was me, I'd want the best possible players in my team rather than out on loan.

Make sense I suppose but he's a better 'keeper so' date=' if it was me, I'd want the best possible players in my team rather than out on loan.[/quote']

In an Ideal world it does happens like that,but why is Giggs playing for Manutd still?Why is Totti playing for Roma?They are club legends and IMO they deserve better then rotting the bench in possibly their last seasons.

Now Plz all,dont start arguing that Totti and Giggs are amazing and all that,we al know they are past it.

No joke - If I was doing forum stand-up i'd open with your "Welbeck is useless" material.

Make sense I suppose but he's a better 'keeper so' date=' if it was me, I'd want the best possible players in my team rather than out on loan.[/quote']

Petr Cech is probably the best GK in the world at this moment.He's saving Chelsea by at least one time in every single game.Courtois isn't better then him and still has to work a lot to be better then Cech.

Welbeck being useless is simply reality.If he was really useful he would've scored tonight instead of wasiting balls around and trying to run like an idiot without doing something useful on the pitch

Courtois > Cech.

Baffled why Chelsea haven't brought him back yet.

Did you see Cech on Friday? Fabulous goalkeeper been back to his best for over a year now. Courtois is nearing his level but Cech has been a wonderful servant to the club and has so much experience. It ain't broke, so why fix it? All it would take is a couple of errors from Courtois and the media would crucify him like they did to De Gea. Unlike you guys with Van Der Sar, we have the luxury of time to allow Courtois to develop more fully before he steps into the cauldron.

Did you see Cech on Friday? Fabulous goalkeeper been back to his best for over a year now. Courtois is nearing his level but Cech has been a wonderful servant to the club and has so much experience. It ain't broke' date=' so why fix it? All it would take is a couple of errors from Courtois and the media would crucify him like they did to De Gea. Unlike you guys with Van Der Sar, we have the luxury of time to allow Courtois to develop more fully before he steps into the cauldron.[/quote']

Or you pee him off so much by not playing him that he wants to leave;)

Hasn't he said previously that he wants to move to Atletico permanently? Could be wrong, but it was definitely one of your loaned out players...

Or you pee him off so much by not playing him that he wants to leave;)

Hasn't he said previously that he wants to move to Atletico permanently? Could be wrong' date=' but it was definitely one of your loaned out players...[/quote']

No, but he said he wanted to be loaned out again this year before anything was decided because he wanted to play with them in the CL. I suppose that made the decision even easier for Emenalo.

You are right though, we can only loan him out for so long so we'll see what we can get away with, but my suspicion is that this is his last loan.

Amazing win for us yesterday and some of the best football I've seen us play in years. Nobody had a bad game and just a cracking day all round' date=' Holmesdale was jumping :)

And good to see Kebe and Hunt both confirmed.[/quote']

Was a good atmosphere there yesterday and certainly in the hoarders of Palace fans making a racket outside my house LOL

can't see you staying up though sadly.

2-1 United

3-2 Spurs

Oh dear :o

I actually fear for WBA.

yep lost Lukaku which has really exposed them big style everything really bounced off him, not seen them yet this season on the TV but you look at there squad and wonder where the goals are coming from.

This sucks ... we are about to have a worse transfer window than penny pinching Arsenal....

Cadena Ser: Madrid and Arsenal have reached a deal for Ozil, 45+5m euros pending agreement with the player who is desperate to leave

— Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) September 1, 2013

Fifteen minutes after opening the market on #Kagawa, PSG have moved in from 8/1 to evens to secure his signature tomorrow.

— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) September 1, 2013

This sucks ... we are about to have a worse transfer window than penny pinching Arsenal....

Cadena Ser: Madrid and Arsenal have reached a deal for Ozil' date=' 45+5m euros pending agreement with the player who is desperate to leave

Cadena Ser: Madrid and Arsenal have reached a deal for Ozil, 45+5m euros pending agreement with the player who is desperate to leave

[/quote']

yes but you will almost certainly still finish above them.

Think Ozil is vastly overpriced if that price quoted is to be believed.

typical over reaction to your defeat today from what I have heard on the Radio travelling home. Lets face it always one of your most difficult games of the season no matter what state either side is in.

Still confident (sadly) that whoever finishes ahead of you wins the League.

typical over reaction to your defeat today from what I have heard on the Radio travelling home. Lets face it always one of your most difficult games of the season no matter what state either side is in.

Vastly overpriced?Yeah,you never seen Ozil.

Cadena Ser: Madrid and Arsenal have reached a deal for Ozil' date=' 45+5m euros pending agreement with the player who is desperate to leave

[/quote']

This is despite at least 3 people insisting Ozil wants to stay at Madrid on the United thread earlier this morning :rolleyes:

Still,if Arsenal managed to get Ozil for the reported price and United buying no one, Arsenal will have better window than United. Paying above his market value is worth it for someone like Ozil calibre