Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Still' date='if Arsenal managed to get Ozil for the reported price and United buying no one, Arsenal will have better window than United. Paying above his market value is worth it for someone like Ozil calibre[/quote']

never said he wouldn't be a good signing or not improve Arsenal, just personally think other areas were more needed to be addressed than what Ozil brings to the party.

No problem with anybody overpaying it aint my money, still a lofty price tag though IMO.

Oi you........Do one :P

They are both vastly overpriced but then the market has lost all sense of reality

It's been building that way for some time - FFP is going to be very interesting when it comes into play.

Ozil at €45m is nowhere near as Bale at what near €100m - at least Ozil has achieved and won things.

It's been building that way for some time - FFP is going to be very interesting when it comes into play.

Ozil at €45m is nowhere near as Bale at what near €100m - at least Ozil has achieved and won things.

Bale has spent his entire career at Tottenham, Ozil at Real Madrid hardly a fair basis for comparison trophy wise.

For that kind of money it is. Even more so when you compare him to Ronaldo:

null_zps074fd29d.png

:P:o

You can't change the player halfway through a discussion.

again a bad comparison as Ronaldo has been at two of the genuine footballing heavyweights and Bale well Bale has been at Tottenham.....

Plus you have to bear in mind Bale has only really been an attacking player for 18months or so.

In no way does Bale compare to Ronaldo obviously but he is clearly a very decent player who I hope does very well out there.

You can't change the player halfway through a discussion.

again a bad comparison as Ronaldo has been at two of the genuine footballing heavyweights and Bale well Bale has been at Tottenham.....

Plus you have to bear in mind Bale has only really been an attacking player for 18months or so.

In no way does Bale compare to Ronaldo obviously but he is clearly a very decent player who I hope does very well out there.

Those Ronaldo stats are only at Utd.

I can change play, I just did :P

Either way I agree, the market is silly.

Marko Arnautovic is a great signing for Stoke IF he sorts his attitude out' date=' big IF as well the guy is a nut case, don't be surprised Stoke fans if he just decides he can't be bothered playing and doesn't turn up. All the talent in the world but his attitude is such a let down.[/quote']

That's the problem with him, described by Mourinho as 'A talented player, with the attitude of a kid'. Gonna need to change if he is to be a success but a top signing never the less and especially at the reported fee of £2 million. We may also be signing Mama Biram Diouf tomorrow too. Looking good.

That's the problem with him' date=' described by Mourinho as 'A talented player, with the attitude of a kid'. Gonna need to change if he is to be a success but a top signing never the less and especially at the reported fee of £2 million. We may also be signing Mama Biram Diouf tomorrow too. Looking good.[/quote']

He, or any other striker, would be ace! Hughes deserves credit - some nifty signings and he's beating the sides that Stoke would hope to.

That's the problem with him' date=' described by Mourinho as 'A talented player, with the attitude of a kid'. Gonna need to change if he is to be a success but a top signing never the less and especially at the reported fee of £2 million. We may also be signing Mama Biram Diouf tomorrow too. Looking good.[/quote']Going to take years to get rid of what Pulis built. Diouf, Assaidi, Arnautovic would be a good step in the right direction though. Have you seen a improvement in your play since Hughes took over, or is Pulis old reign still kinda felt?

Going to take years to get rid of what Pulis built. Diouf' date=' Assaidi, Arnautovic would be a good step in the right direction though. Have you seen a improvement in your play since Hughes took over, or is Pulis old reign still kinda felt?[/quote']

I wouldn't say so in regards to the first sentence, as from the West Ham performance, although they played quite badly, our passing was much improved and I was in general very impressed with how we went about it. Both goals vs. Palace though were flukey and there's still plenty of work to do. But I'm feeling much more confident in our team now than I was when Pulis was in charge tbh. Some top signings too, with more potentially to follow tomorrow as well. Not convinced with Assaidi yet but Arnautovic could be a cracking signing along with Pieters. Diouf another if it materialises, but I'm looking forward to this season as it stands.

Looks like Barry Bannan is set to join Palace tomorrow. Would be happy with that, an upgraded version of Garvan, although I can't see him getting in the starting XI if Jedi KG and Campaña keep up this form.

Holloway said 3/4 should join tomorrow so very excited, would love it if we nicked Ulloa or Bridcutt off Brighton.