Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

West Brom you mean?;)

That's the one!

Talking of West Brom, despite how much I said I feared for them y'day, they still look a threat, especially from set pieces. Amalfitano could change there fortunes with another signing or two on top, particularly a goal-scorer. Anelka looked their brightest spark yesterday though. As the striker, and even later in the game from midfield. He looked really good.

That's the one!

Talking of West Brom' date=' despite how much I said I feared for them y'day, they still look a threat, especially from set pieces. Amalfitano could change there fortunes with another signing or two on top, particularly a goal-scorer. Anelka looked their brightest spark yesterday though. As the striker, and even later in the game from midfield. He looked really good.[/quote']

Anelka will do fine but he roams a lot so were in a need of a target man to go with him who is more prolific than Long. It will be a busy day at The Hawthorns. According to reports we had a 3.5m bid rejected for Anichebe but our biggest target seems to be Sessegnon, Sunderland want around 5m.

We did enquire about Demba Ba but dont think he is keen on the move, that could well change later in the day.

I actually fear for WBA.
I said baggies and got shot down. Only three games in but their bubble was always going to burst.

We know what you are!

I said they could go down and I also got shot down. I honestly think they'll go down unless they bring in a quality striker.

Come on guys, it is still early days.

You lot know perfectly well it is early days, especially when Liverpool are at the top of the table. :P

Amalfitano to West Brom is a good signing, but it's only on loan and they do need a lot more than just him.

Arnautovic to Stoke is an excellent signing at £2 million, so much ability and some pace out wide is what they missed last season. I still think Hughes needs to do more business today, he hasn't really changed the side around enough from last season.

Loads of deals happening already, sensing a very good transfer deadline day.

We need a striker, still think we're favourites for Peter Odemwingie who would be ideal.

All this talk/discussion/debate on Bale vs Ronaldo and the fees... Frankly it's just inflation people. Wages go up' date=' cost of living (which in this case is cost for entertainment) also go up.[/quote']

The price of football is going up at a much higher rate than inflation and the cost of living.

Amalfitano to West Brom is a good signing' date=' but it's only on loan and they do need a lot more than just him.[/b']

Arnautovic to Stoke is an excellent signing at £2 million, so much ability and some pace out wide is what they missed last season. I still think Hughes needs to do more business today, he hasn't really changed the side around enough from last season.

Loads of deals happening already, sensing a very good transfer deadline day.

We need a striker, still think we're favourites for Peter Odemwingie who would be ideal.

The price of football is going up at a much higher rate than inflation and the cost of living.

Amalfitino is loan with an option to buy, so we can take him in the summer if he does well.

Annoyed the Odemwingie saga hasn't been revolved by now but i have Cardiff as favorites, we seem to have upped our valuation to 4m but i think the first club to go anywhere near 3m will get him.

Amalfitino is loan with an option to buy' date=' so we can take him in the summer if he does well.

Annoyed the Odemwingie saga hasn't been revolved by now but i have Cardiff as favorites, we seem to have upped our valuation to 4m but i think the first club to go anywhere near 3m will get him.[/quote']

But if he does do really well, then he'll more than likely want to go elsewhere. Loan signings are fine, but I don't see the need for it when you surely have plenty of money to spend due to the new TV deal yet you still haven't spent a penny on a permanent transfer.

Well that's what the papers are saying, but I can't see you going from happy to accept £2.5 million to holding out for £4 million in the space of less than a week which would be the case if the papers were correct.

Apparently we have agreed a fee for Kozak from Lazio.

Big striker, dont know much about him in truth other than he scored a fair few (maybe the most?) in the europa league last season but didnt make the same impact in seria A.

Always welcome a new striker, gives us a back up for Benteke.

Disappointed if we dont sign a AM. Whatever the fee, where ever they are to come from.

We need one IMO.

Looks like Odemwingie is going to Cardiff, shame but I guess any players we're signing can't really priorities wages in a deal.

Still confident we'll get a striker, ideally Manu Del Moral. Not sure why we're not in for Fabio Borini, who looks to be off to Sunderland, he'd be ideal.

Can't see Arsenal getting Mesut Ozil, he's out of their depth.

Looks like Odemwingie is going to Cardiff' date=' shame but I guess any players we're signing can't really priorities wages in a deal.

[b']Still confident we'll get a striker, ideally Manu Del Moral[/b]. Not sure why we're not in for Fabio Borini, who looks to be off to Sunderland, he'd be ideal.

Can't see Arsenal getting Mesut Ozil, he's out of their depth.

Manu del Moral is already on loan to Elche this season i think