Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Even up until this summer though you were spending some money with Jeremy Peace' date=' and it seems today your bidding money for players which makes it confusing why you've left it so late to do so.

Realistically we should be at a similar level to you, spending a similar amount to you financially given that fact we should have a similar income but we've spent the money we've got which you haven't which was so evident yesterday in the difference in quality between the two sides.

You could still turn it around today, looks like there's a lot of teams with business still to do in the Premier League so I think we're on course for a great deadline day. You'd expect the majority of clubs to do some business today.[/quote']

I honestly dont know, it seems that Jeremy Peace grew tired of wasting money on players he didnt feel lived up the the price so he came up with a plan, try not to spend any.

Half way through the game yesterday i couldnt help but feel that it might do us good to lose the game and once again fail to score as it would force Peace's hand. It looks as though it has as for the first time this window, were throwing some bids around.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Boaz Myhill, as a number two who will have earned a lot of money in his time there to play so infrequently, really should be able to step up in this sort of situation. I don't think he is good enough though, and really should be let go by West Brom. I don't think they'll sign a goalkeeper.

Indeed' date=' although I will point out that Cortese is our chairman, our owners are the family of the late Markus Liebherr. It's a common misconception, though.[/quote']

Didn't know that.

MOTHER OF GOD!!!

There is hope after all' date=' Stephen Ireland could well be on his way to Stoke.

PLEASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE[/quote']

Maybe Mark Hughes could revive his career after he enjoyed his best days as a player with him at City. Not a big signing, but one I'm not too fussed about either way, whether it happens or not.

So if I've understood this correctly ... United are paying almost as much for Herrera as we paid for Lamela?

:eek:

:o erm well he's spanish and erm shut up :P

Herrera is the type of player United need but the price is massive. Herrera will not be able to justify that price tag no matter how well he plays but if he improves the first 11 and get's us playing good football in midfield again with good forward passes coming into RVP then it would be a great addition just not for a good price.

I've posted a list on CM's but if you broaden it to all deals' date=' there seems little correlation between player value and fee's paid in this summer window.

I would suggest other wise. Apart from a few deals, taking into consideratrion ability, age, contract length, willingness of the selling club to sell, the fee's may well be inflated but there is a correlation between ability and price.

Bale is a one off, similar to Carrol, you shouldnt use it to judge other deals.

If you pay 35 million thats vastly over priced, however sometimes you need to simply over pay to get the player in that you need.

I would suggest other wise. Apart from a few deals' date=' taking into consideratrion ability, age, contract length, willingness of the selling club to sell, the fee's may well be inflated but there is a correlation between ability and price.

Bale is a one off, similar to Carrol, you shouldnt use it to judge other deals.

If you pay 35 million thats vastly over priced, however sometimes you need to simply over pay to get the player in that you need.[/quote']

It looks out of sync to me.

The very best players are at the top but there are players who have cost 20-30m plus whom are no better than players cost half that.

Your point on willingness to sell and contract length is obvs a valid one but I would struggle to tell you how much a player is worth nowadays.

32m for Lamela when Aubameyang was £11.5m?

27.5m for Marquinhos?

35m for Fernandinho when Mkhitaryan is younger, more sought after, and costs 11.5m less?

I call it the "South Park Economy Wheel" theory of transfer values...

29915094-SP_bailout_game.240x160.jpg?v=1314140583

Good points Stifler and you could include Madrid's capture of that lad from Sociedad for 30m+ as well. 36m for Herrera might seem ridiculous but looking at the deals this summer it not bad at all

I hope you do get him, and I hope Cleverley gets dropped and then dropped from the England squad.

One can only hope.

I hope you do get him' date=' and I hope Cleverley gets dropped and then dropped from the England squad.

One can only hope.[/quote']

You're a sad bloke.

I dont think Illarmendis transfer had anything to do with Herreras price' date=' In spain the buy out clauses have always been high...

Herrera aint worth that atm but i Do think he could be in a few years.[/quote']

Erm..36m is Herrera's release clause. I am sure the club are well aware that he's not worth that

How? I'm sure the majority have a similar opinion' date=' including United fans.[/quote']

Cleverly is a good ball retainer but hasn't shown any kind of attacking threat for a long time.

The player he was before his injury he looked a real promising player. After his injury he looks like he's trying to copy Carrick only without the ability to pass long.

Cleverly is a good ball retainer but hasn't shown any kind of attacking threat for a long time.

The player he was before his injury he looked a real promising player. After his injury he looks like he's trying to copy Carrick only without the ability to pass long.

I think he's been very average for a couple of years. Herrera should replace him and join Carrick in the starting line-up, whoever the third CM is anyones guess but he really doesn't offer anything that Herrera and Carrick can't do much better than him.

You're a bit dim....I think you're a sad bloke' date=' nothing to do with Cleverley. I am sure the lad must be feeling down...Synyster from soccermanager.com does not rate him:([/quote']

Dim because I don't rate Cleverley. Ok pal have fun. Forgot we aren't allowed opinions on United players with arrogant United fans coming to the defence of them. I guess because i'm on a completely different career path I can't comment on footballers and their potential. I'm sure when I post my opinion on Cleverley I live in hope that he reads it :rolleyes: It's a forum.

You've got a sad life pal if that's the way your mind works.

I think you're dim that you think your opinion matters more than anyone elses and that you blindly follow a flawed logic when it comes to creating opinions.