Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I think he's been very average for a couple of years. Herrera should replace him and join Carrick in the starting line-up' date=' whoever the third CM is anyones guess but he really doesn't offer anything that Herrera and Carrick can't do much better than him.[/quote']

I'd agree he's looked PL standard but not much more.

I do think though he looked really good before getting injured by Kevin Davies wasn't it?

After that the creativity seemed to leave him and he reverted to sideways and backwards passes.

It's like he's afraid to try that special something again for fear of getting injured or criticised?

I agree Herrera should replace him.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Dim because I don't rate Cleverley. Ok pal have fun. Forgot we aren't allowed opinions on United players with arrogant United fans coming to the defence of them. I guess because i'm on a completely different career path I can't comment on footballers and their potential. I'm sure when I post my opinion on Cleverley I live in hope that he reads it :rolleyes: It's a forum.

You've got a sad life pal if that's the way your mind works.

I think you're dim that you think your opinion matters more than anyone elses and that you blindly follow a flawed logic when it comes to creating opinions.

You seem a tad angry?

You also seem a tad obsessed with Cleverley? To the best of my knowledge I did not mention Cleverley in my first 3 posts yet you seemed intent on bringing back the conversation to him.

You seem a tad angry?

You also seem a tad obsessed with Cleverley? To the best of my knowledge I did not mention Cleverley in my first 3 posts yet you seemed intent on bringing back the conversation to him.

No i'm fine I just don't appreciate uncalled for comments on an opinion because you don't agree with it.

Because I think that United could do much better than Cleverley, if Herrera signs i'd expect him to takeover Cleverleys position. I didn't read any of your first two i'm just commenting with a player who plays Cleverleys position is incoming. Would you keep Clevz in the first team if Herrera signs?

No i'm fine I just don't appreciate uncalled for comments on an opinion because you don't agree with it.

Because I think that United could do much better than Cleverley' date=' if Herrera signs i'd expect him to takeover Cleverleys position. I didn't read any of your first two i'm just commenting with a player who plays Cleverleys position is incoming. Would you keep Clevz in the first team if Herrera signs?[/quote']

It's a forum get over it.

But to answer you're question, yes, I think United can do better than him and should do better than him. And I think Herrera/ Fellaini are better than Cleverley. That does not mean Cleverley's rubbish however. Hopefully he'll go on to have a Nicky Butt-esque career at United.

Strange that apparently Liverpool enquired at the start of summer and baulked at the 17 Million asking price. Wonder what happened?

No idea mate, seems a totally unnecassary signing for us in truth. Dont get me wrong, im presuming he would add something but we need a AM desperately.

Im hoping that with Ireland going to Stoke on loan *mini celebration* and with his contract expiring next summer *MASSIVE celebration*, Bannan moving to Palace and maybe Given on loan to you guys, im hoping that 130/40 k of wages thats free'd up each week will be put to good use and get us the play maker we need.

We look to have completed our summer signings by bringing in Alvaro Vasquez on loan, got some goals in La Liga for Espanyol and Getafe and will be a decent back up to Bony on loan for the season with the view to a permanent move. He becomes the 8th Spaniard at the Swans, and has got a decent goalscoring record for Spain at youth levels.

Really need another striker as Bony won't be able to play every game due to Europe and when he's missing, Michu had been playing further forward where he wasn't effective. Whenever Bony has been on the pitch we've looked like scoring a lot more, mainly due to Michu playing in position. The Vasquez signing should mean Michu plays in position for a higher amount of minutes this season than he did last season.

It will be a successful transfer window if we can keep hold of the likes of Michu, Williams and Vorm. Can't see any of them going as financially we don't need to sell them, and it's too late for us to replace them.

So if I've understood this correctly ... United are paying almost as much for Herrera as we paid for Lamela?

:eek:

You cant take a fee and look at it seriously nowdays' date=' the market is completely mental a fee of 36M Euro's for Herrera is absolutely bonkers IMO. He is a decent player but is he that good to make the difference for United and worth 36M Euro's......highly doubtful.

However if they really want him, then they have to pay the clause Bilbao being very strong about it and why wouldn't they be.

Do wonder if Moyes is just panicking a bit, if you are going to pay 36M you might expect something better than Herrera.

I've posted a list on CM's but if you broaden it to all deals, there seems little correlation between player value and fee's paid in this summer window.

You are quite right, so many deals vastly overpriced but that's the market I guess, cant fathom it anymore no correlation at all....

I am hearing Lukaku to Wolfsburg rumours

Then you are hearing wrong, they aint gunna let him go especially if they are letting Ba go out on loan.

No idea mate' date=' [b']seems a totally unnecassary signing for us in truth[/b]. Dont get me wrong, im presuming he would add something but we need a AM desperately.

Im hoping that with Ireland going to Stoke on loan *mini celebration* and with his contract expiring next summer *MASSIVE celebration*, Bannan moving to Palace and maybe Given on loan to you guys, im hoping that 130/40 k of wages thats free'd up each week will be put to good use and get us the play maker we need.

Yeah - a CF seems to be the last thing you need atm.

Good player though.

;2718845']36m Euro for Herrara or an extra 10m Euro for Ozil.

We all know if Fergie was about Ozil would be going United.

The likes of Pod and Mert should help him settle in quicker.

It's not as simple as that. Ozil plays in a position that we have oversubscribed already. It'd be like Chelsea signing Willian when they already have Oscar, Mata, Schurrle, Hazard, De Bruyne ...... errrrr.......

Cardiff sign Odemwingie 2.5 Mil :)

Good signing imo. It's kinda weird to see WBA let him leave so late into transfer windows considering they still need to sign striker.

It's not as simple as that. Ozil plays in a position that we have oversubscribed already. It'd be like Chelsea signing Willian when they already have Oscar' date=' Mata, Schurrle, Hazard, De Bruyne ...... errrrr.......[/quote']

But none can be view as Ozil class tho. He is a class act for any team right now.