Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Im very surprised by this' date=' i can only imagine we have somebody lined up. Big fan of Long as is Clarke so i cant understand why we would sell him.[/quote']

He should of scored more last season but to me he is a menace of striker, quick, strong and wins an outrageous amount of aerial duels for a fella his size.

If he does go, and you do have a replacement lined up, im certainly looking forward to seeing who it is.

Lets hope its not a loan signing :P:p

But none can be view as Ozil class tho. He is a class act for any team right now.

Makes 0% sense to sign Ozil when you have Rooney & Kagawa already playing in his potential slot..... especially when his signing would not solve the main shortcoming of the team.

Great player, in my heart I would have loved to have him at United, but the head rightfully says he ain't what we need.

Makes 0% sense to sign Ozil when you have Rooney & Kagawa already playing in his potential slot..... especially when his signing would not solve the main shortcoming of the team.

Great player' date=' in my heart [b']I would have loved to have him at United, but the head rightfully says he ain't what we need.[/b]

the bolded part says it all what I am feeling right now

He should of scored more last season but to me he is a menace of striker' date=' quick, strong and wins an outrageous amount of aerial duels for a fella his size.

If he does go, and you do have a replacement lined up, im certainly looking forward to seeing who it is.

Lets hope its not a loan signing :P:p[/quote']

From what i hear Quagriaella seems most likely, were in talks over a permanent switch. Also asked about Defoe. No matter what, i will be sad to see Long go.

How the likes of PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and Co. Would be biting their fingers. They could easily have financially out-muscled Arsenal for Ozil's sig (just like in Mata's case) had there been more time. Wenger just simply took no chances. He made the right move at the time which goes to show you that the Prof. indeed knows what he's doing...

Makes 0% sense to sign Ozil when you have Rooney & Kagawa already playing in his potential slot.....

Both players you mentioned is nowhere near Ozil's caliber. You can argue about Kagawa' date=' but he is not really impressed last season for you lot. And Rooney hardly have 'football brain' to be in same ilk as Ozil.

especially when his signing would not solve the main shortcoming of the team.

It is still better than no signing at all. Especially when all your rival improved their team; player and depth wise.

Great player, in my heart I would have loved to have him at United, but the head rightfully says he ain't what we need.

I'm delighted you and Moyes shared the same idea. :D

On the other news, not really sure what Clarke been doing at WBA, he seems to offload his strikers. While in fact he should bring someone in. :o

Both players you mentioned is nowhere near Ozil's caliber.....

Behave "nowhere near". I'll accept anybody who feels Ozil is better than either or both of Rooney or Kagawa but to say they are nowhere near is daft.

Also, if Ozil is so good and improves any team .....

1.Why are Madrid happy to lose him to take Bale,

2.Why aren't Bayern/Barca/Man City and other clubs who could afford him in for him?

I watched him do very little against United over two legs in the Cl last year - If he was of a seriously higher calibre than Rooney, for example, he would have scored a hat-trick minimum :P

There is also a risk attached to any big signing (particularly from another league) so again is not worth the risk if you already have good options in that players position. He could easily do a Veron whom was at the time of purchase recognised as one of the very best players in the world yet failed to live up to his billing.