Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I guess you could argue that but I didn't see many concrete links for Michu or Vorm to move away' date=' as far as I can remember Laudrup was only linked to Barca who tend to promote from within and Williams would have been good to sell at the prices reported. Maybe, had Bony hit the ground running, I'd have rated you higher but I'm happy to go to 6.5 :P[/quote']

Michu didn't want to leave, and the likelyhood is that he wasn't going to but on the back of last season we still did well to keep hold of him. Especially with the likes of Arsenal and Man. United struggling to sign players, they could have easily gone in for Michu as their back up option rather than Fellaini.

Williams would have been sold at a high price, like all players, but when he hasn't played we've lacked his leadership so not only would we have to bring in a good centre half but also a good leader. He would have been a big player to have to replace, so there's every chance we could have missed him.

Vorm wants to move to a bigger club, every few months he comes out with comments saying that he couldn't turn down a move to a club like Barcelona or similar.

Laudrup had offers from several clubs, including the likes of PSG who were probably more realistic. His agent tried to sell Williams without the clubs consent and we had to cut all ties with his agent, thankfully Laudrup was ok with that but he could have easily gone.

I hardly remember both legs but I remember in the 2nd leg Ozils sexy semi assist.. :P

Swansea' date=' Liverpool, Chelsea and id say everton have done a decent job as well this window, Arsenal haven't really had a good window, Ozil is class don't get me wrong but We are short in almost every position..

Somehow forgot Spurs, good window for them.[/quote']

Forgot villa as well, Although they really needed an AM.. did they nick one in the end?

This summer shows how far Managers and Money go rather than the club. I dont think anyone cares about what club it is rather than the money and the manager as much. Soo many people rejected United even though its the Champions. If Fergie wanted those players they would of signed. Money and managers , club prestige means nothing now because anyone can overtake. The life span for a manager is short so players want to work under the manager. RVP said he signed to united for the manager , Ozil signed for Arsenal because of wenger. All you who hit out of him dont understand that he is the second best in the league and in the top 5 in the world hands down.

Nope we signed another Striker who he was apparently chasing all summer.

More I think of it' date=' the more I agree with the signing but I agree adding a CAM would of made this a perfect window for us IMO.[/quote']

From what i've seen of Kozak he's a really good signing, allows you to go two upfront if need be. Helenius seems to not be ready for Premiership football just yet.

Now everything is done' date=' I'd say it's a fair time to predict the table for the season:

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Tottenham

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Swansea

9. Southampton

10. Sunderland

11. Aston Villa

12. Fulham

13. West Ham

14. Norwich

15. Cardiff

16. Hull City

17. West Brom

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Newcastle

19. Stoke City

20. Crystal Palace[/quote']

Swap Newcastle and Sunderland and you might have had some credibility

From what i've seen of Kozak he's a really good signing' date=' allows you to go two upfront if need be. Helenius seems to not be ready for Premiership football just yet.[/quote']

Wasnt Kozak top scorer in the Europa League last season?

Again I think Lambert has made another shrewd signing. Offers something different to Bentekkers.

I think the majority of comments are based towards the fee' date=' his fitness and Arsenal's lack of need for his position.

There are no doubts that he is a world class player in my mind.[/quote']

Ozil could leave another hole in our midfield but he should make up for it in attack, We'll see how it pans out I suppose.. If We were winning against say Chelsea in the 80th min id probably sub Ozil off and bring Rosicky on for shutting players down..

Ozil doesnt particularly like getting subbed all the time for tactical reasons...

Predictions...

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Arsenal

4. Tottenham Hotspur

--------------------------------------

5. Manchester United

6. Liverpool

7. Swansea

8. Aston Villa

9. Everton

10. Cardiff City

11. Norwich City

12. Southampton

13. Fulham

14. Stoke City

15. West Ham United

16. West Bromwich Albion

17. Newcastle United

---------------------------------------

18. Crystal Palace

19. Sunderland

20. Hull City

Swap Newcastle and Sunderland and you might have had some credibility

Newcastle have only signed Loic Remy this window, despite all the increase in Sky TV revenue you've only spent £2 million on a loan fee and £350k on a French youngster. Questions had been asked about West Brom's spending, which have been answered yesterday but bigger questions have to be asked about your spending.

Your always going to be two injuries away from an injury crisis, last season relying on the likes of James Perch and Danny Simpson to play a lot of games for you and whilst they've gone they haven't been replaced. They played a combined 41 league games for you, and the likes of Paul Dummett aren't going to be able to play 20 Premier League games a season a the same standard.

---------------------------------------

18. Crystal Palace

19. Sunderland

20. Hull City

Unfortunately that's the way I can see it finishing.

We managed to bring in Cameron Jerome on loan for the season last night along with Mariappa and Bannan, which is hardly a signing to get giddy over but honestly I think he would have had more of an impact than AJ. The main reason for wanting AJ back would have been sentimental value, imagine the crowd when he came on or even scored, it would have erupted.

We're also trying to finalise a deal for Adlene Guedioura from Forest, but no one has a clue whether we're too late. Forest say the deal has collapsed but our chairman says we managed to fill the necessary paperwork in time.

No doubt we'll need to give Moyes more time, BUT I have been very disappointed with his very old-school style of play. He doesn't know what to do with a ball playing AM that most top sides have nowadays and prefers the very one-dimentional direct style of play that's gone out of date now.

For that reason I'm glad we didn't go for Ozil. Although he'd have been brilliant for us Moyes would not get the best out of him and that would be 40+M down the drain. Kagawa isn't exactly miles worse than Ozil and yes he's supposedly injured and not match fit etc but I very much doubt Moyes will bring the best out of him.

People say Fellaini is a last resort buy, which I think is a bit over the top. Moyes knows Fellaini and Baines, they fit his style of play, BUT I suspect Woodward didn't fancy them and wanted to prove his worth by trying some wild goose-chase on world class players that were never gonna come. I don't believe Moyes have ever said "I want Fabregas, I want Schweinsteiger etc" but more likely to be offered the chance to bid by Woodward and let's be honest, no manager will turn that opportunity down. Moyes wanted his Everton duo but people above him at United probably weren't so keen and bidded very low in the first attempt.

I think Everton have done remarkably well this window but now expectations will be massive as well as the wage bill! :P

Back to Ozil. I do think he will shine but not as much as people have ranted about on FB/Twitter etc. He'll probably be in a David Silva role for Arsenal but now the question is where does that leave Cazorla whose never been comfortable on the wings?

With Lukaku off the Everton I would probably put a few quid myself on the Baggies getting relegated probably along with Crystal Palace and Sunderland.

I can understand why people would put baggies up for relegation but i think we will have enough. I can see us finishing around 12/13th area which i would be very pleased with. People keep saying how we need a goalscorer, i don't believe we do, its creativity we was lacking and i think Sessegnon and Anichebe will help with that. We are strong up until the final third where we seem to hit a wall, i think Sinclair, Sessegnon, Anelka and Anichebe's hold up play with put that right. As for goalscorers, i think Anelka, Long, Anichebe, Rosenberg and Vydra can take enough chances between them to win games, we just need to start creating those chances.

Or i could be hopelessly wrong and we finish bottom, only time will tell :P

Back to Ozil. I do think he will shine but not as much as people have ranted about on FB/Twitter etc. He'll probably be in a David Silva role for Arsenal but now the question is where does that leave Cazorla whose never been comfortable on the wings?

Cazorla always recognized as winger in Villareal. Only after Riquelme left Villareal and in Malaga he played as central AM. If there is anyone between Ozil and Cazorla who have to played wide,it has to be Cazorla