Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Come on Rugger' date=' don't fall into the trap of believing everything you read. Thiago himself said there was no contact with United. Ronaldo, I never heard anything of any interest in bringing him back this season. Schweinsteiger, absolute media nonsense.

Very poor and embarrassing window for United, the way certain staff at United have gone about conducting deals has been an absolute shambles, if it continues over the Jan window and next summer I'd be seriously concerned.

It's obvious to see that Fellaini was not our first choice to fill the gaping void in CM, he's not the type of player that I want at United either (that also applies to the majority of our midfield), if he proves me wrong then so be it, I'll eat the hat that fits Fellaini's head!

Woodward is a complete plank (we'll keep it clean)[/quote']

Embaressing to say the least, to be honest it has been completely amateurish in terms of planning of transfer and targets...

You have the chance to sign Fellani for 22m before end of July yet don't activate it, mainly because we all know he was a 3rd-4th choice.

You then bid 28m for Fellani and Baines together which when people claimed was insulting some United fans (not you) claimed it weren't, so the clever guys at United then end up paying 27.5m for Fellani. Now if you were valuing Baines at 500k that really is insulting :eek:;)

Just hope for your sake that lessons are learned for future windows, even though I can't stand United a club as Great as they are should not be so amateurish in the market, not in terms of how many you bought etc simply on a strategy basis.

Now everything is done' date=' I'd say it's a fair time to predict the table for the season:

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Tottenham

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5. Liverpool

6. Arsenal

7. Everton

8. Swansea

9. Southampton

10. Sunderland

11. Aston Villa

12. Fulham

13. West Ham

14. Norwich

15. Cardiff

16. Hull City

17. West Brom

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Newcastle

19. Stoke City

20. Crystal Palace[/quote']

If Sunderland finish top ten then I am a chinaman, they had a distinctly average squad as it was brought in tons of average mediocre players and Di Canio could start an argument in a phone box. predicted them for relegation and see no reason to change my mind.

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Tottenham

4. Arsenal

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

5. Manchester United

6. Liverpool

7. Swansea

8. Everton

9. Southampton

10. Aston Villa

11. Norwich

12. West Ham

13. Fulham

14. West Brom

15. Cardiff

16. Hull City

17. Crystal Palace

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Newcastle

19. Sunderland

20. Stoke City

Predictions...

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Arsenal

4. Tottenham Hotspur

--------------------------------------

5. Manchester United

6. Liverpool

7. Swansea

8. Aston Villa

9. Everton

10. Cardiff City

11. Norwich City

12. Southampton

13. Fulham

14. Stoke City

15. West Ham United

16. West Bromwich Albion

17. Newcastle United

---------------------------------------

18. Crystal Palace

19. Sunderland

20. Hull City

I will clump you two together there is NO Way United wont finish top four' date=' I find it staggering to suggest otherwise, I have bookmarked this so I can repost it in May, for two guys on here whose opinion I like and Respect I think you have lost your marbles :P

Arsenal are two players short i'd say from having a genuinely strong squad. A right back and a defensive midfielder and we'd be laughing.

Next person i hear saying we need a centre back will get a slap.

You make me laugh you spend half your life slagging off Vermelen and Walcott as pathetic now you have no problems at all because Walcott can start up front (which given how pathetic you have claimed he is would surely in your view by a catastrophe) and as for your views on Vermelen....

I agree with some others Arsenal did not really address the issues they needed to, if something happens to Giroud God help you, still no real DM of any quality and the defence is still short of numbers.

Your first XI is decent but you need a squad nowadays and Arsenal have some serious holes in there's.

Anyone who predict United finished below 2nd will be slapped by Ray' date='because anyone who finish above United will be champion according to him :P[/quote']

I will slap you to :P

I really cannot understand how so many people write off United a team who cake walked the title last ear because they have dropped points to Chelsea and Liverpool away two of the hardest games in the calendar, the season has barely begun and United have plenty of time to turn things around.

Still the same group of players who ran away with the title and they still have so much quality in there squad, I find it almost impossible to fathom how anybody can dismiss them so easily. United have consistently proven they have the mentality and ability to string together runs and there players all know each other. I find it impossible to see any circumstances Arsenal and Tottenham will finish above United.

Write them off at your peril.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

You make me laugh you spend half your life slagging off Vermelen and Walcott as pathetic now you have no problems at all because Walcott can start up front (which given how pathetic you have claimed he is would surely in your view by a catastrophe) and as for your views on Vermelen....

I agree with some others Arsenal did not really address the issues they needed to' date=' if something happens to Giroud God help you, still no real DM of any quality and the defence is still short of numbers.

Your first XI is decent but you need a squad nowadays and Arsenal have some serious holes in there's.

I will slap you to :P

l.[/quote']

With regards to Walcott, i think my main terminology for him has been brainless. If i've called him pathetic then i retract that as brainless is more apt. I'm perfectly happy for him to get the odd game up top as it won't be a long term thing and now with Ozil and Cazorla behind him, you've got to feel some of his lack of intelligence is made up for by those two. Don't get me wrong, i still don't rate it.

As for Vermaelen, I've panned him relentlessly, yes. But that was when he was first choice and started every game when fit. Now he's very much 3rd choice and that's what he should be. I think I've said about him that he has ability and he does. He's just too rash to be first choice and the fact he's captain is beyond ridiculous.

We're two players short, 3 at a push. But i think most teams can probably say that.

If RVP gets a serious injury this season, then there will be a genuine danger of United not finishing top 4. Of course they shouldn't be written off, but I'm almost positive they won't win the title. Despite having the same squad as last season, they've lost something much more in SAF. As the season develops, the fear factor of Old Trafford will wane.

It's an incredibly over the top comment but realistically United are an average team with the best striker in the world up front. The midfield is laughable nowadays (Kagawa is the best and doesn't even get near the side?!?!) and very much they were performing because teams were scared of SAF and didn't want to attack them.

They have minimal creativity in midfield and the defence is seriously susceptible to pace. Although I do rate De Gea very highly, he can't keep everything out.

If RVP stays fit the whole season and Rooney sorts himself out then I suspect they will be comfortably 3rd and nearer to 1st and 2nd than 4th but if RVP gets injured...

If RVP gets a serious injury this season' date=' then there will be a genuine danger of United not finishing top 4. Of course they shouldn't be written off, but I'm almost positive they won't win the title. Despite having the same squad as last season, they've lost something much more in SAF. As the season develops, the fear factor of Old Trafford will wane.[/quote']

you can say SAF gone and mourinho factor at chelsea makes them favourites

but all teams have problems atm

Tottenham - 3 games, 0 goals made in play, group has to adapt

Arsenal - Their own downfall at times, injures

Chelsea - No main goalscorer capable of 20 goals

Man City - There signing haven't been great in my eyes, Yaya lose something, Hart flopping

Man Utd - People are criticizing their CM and creative powers, will Felliani fit the bill? Rooney can stay fit, that be a big plus

Liverpool - No problem atm but when Suarez bac, who will be dropped? will suarez cause more problems?

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester United

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. Manchester City

6. Tottenham

7. Swansea

8. Southampton

9. Everton

10. Fulham

11. Norwich City

12. Aston Villa

13. Cardiff

14. Stoke City

15. West Ham United

16. Newcastle

17. West Brom

18. Hull

19. Palace

20. Sunderland

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Aston Villa

9. Swansea

10. Southampton

11. Norwich City

12. West Ham

13. Newcaslte

14. Stoke City

15. Fulham

16. Hull

17. Cardiff

18. Sunderland

19. West Brom

20. Palace

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Arsenal

4. Manchester United

5. Liverpool

6. Everton

7. Tottenham

8. Swansea

9. Villa

10. Norwich City

11. Fulham

12. Southampton

13. West Ham

14. Newcastle

15. Cardiff

16. West Brom

17. Stoke

18. Sunderland

19. Palace

20. Hull

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Swansea

9. Villa

10. Southampton

11. West Ham

12. Norwich

13. Fulham

14. Cardiff

15. Stoke

16. West Brom

17. Newcastle

18. Palace

19. Sunderland

20. Hull

Interesting to read how much people are writing off United. Whilst everybody is entitled to their opinion, calling a midfield "laughable" in a side that finished 11 points clear last year with RVP and were literally pipped on GD the previous year without him to a superior Man City side than I see in front of me today seems incredibly naive to me.

I'm actually quite happy to be written off as now only CONTENDERS for top four as I'm sure that will serve as extra motivation for the players to once again prove why only a fool would write off any modern day United side.

We have a fully fit Vidic back this year by the looks of it which is something we have lacked in the past two seasons - Anyone with any footballing perception about them will understand that this is a huge deal for us.

I'm hoping for a big season from the freshly motivated Rooney, continued brilliance from RVP and despite being unsatisfied with our transfer business, if Fellaini can prove his doubters wrong and provide the steel we need in the middle it will make a huge difference to our overall shape.

If Kagawa continues to adapt and is used correctly, there is also an extra dimension on previous years from him.

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Arsenal

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Swansea

9. Villa

10. Southampton

11. West Ham

12. Norwich

13. Fulham

14. Cardiff

15. Stoke

16. West Brom

17. Newcastle

18. Palace

19. Sunderland

20. Hull

City above Chelsea, spurs above Liverpool and Norwich ahead of west ham

Newcastle have only signed Loic Remy this window' date=' despite all the increase in Sky TV revenue you've only spent £2 million on a loan fee and £350k on a French youngster. Questions had been asked about West Brom's spending, which have been answered yesterday but bigger questions have to be asked about your spending.

Your always going to be two injuries away from an injury crisis, last season relying on the likes of James Perch and Danny Simpson to play a lot of games for you and whilst they've gone they haven't been replaced. They played a combined 41 league games for you, and the likes of Paul Dummett aren't going to be able to play 20 Premier League games a season a the same standard.[/quote']

Guess you going to find out just how hard it is to play on Thursday night then on Sunday. Does not matter how big the squad is the players still travel and it interrupts training.

We where not relying on perch and Simpson. These where players that where deemed not good enough by the board and stopped the likes if Anita progressing into the team. Caused an internal row with Carr and Pardew

You talk about two players away from an injury crisis but did you see how many days we missed though players injuries? It was almost double any other club and we still managed to go on a nice run and beat some very good team in Europe. In fact i still can't believe we dint go down it was that bad.

Yea the club is a shambles atm but I fully expect us to finishing mid table.

Coloccini/Santon/Williamson/YangaMbiwa/Taylor/Haidara/Debuchy/Good/Dummett. Can all do a job in defense

Cabaye/Sissoko/Anita/Ben Arfa/Gosling/Gutierrez/Bigirimana/Marveaux/Tiote Pretty stacked there then add Obertan and Vuckic.

Now I would of loved for us to get a forward in but we failed this is my main worry but there should be enough goals between

Cisse/Gouffran/Remy/Ameobi/Ameobi

We also hired Faye Downey to help fitness and improve injures, who is high rated.

1. Chelsea

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Arsenal

5. Tottenham

6. Liverpool

7. Swansea

8. Everton

9. Villa

10. Southampton

11. West Ham

12. Norwich

13. Fulham

14. Cardiff

15. Stoke

16. West Brom

17. Newcastle

18. West Brom

19. Palace

20. Hull

1. Chelsea

2. Man City

3. Tottenham

4. Liverpool

------------------------

5. Arsenal

6. Man Utd

------------------------

18. Stoke

19. Hull

20. Crystal Palace

You are totally in dream land if you think Liverpool and Spurs will finish above United and Cheslea for that matter.

United will reclaim the title and all will be normal once again in the EPL just a sit was last season.

Interesting to read how much people are writing off United. Whilst everybody is entitled to their opinion' date=' calling a midfield "laughable" in a side that finished 11 points clear last year with RVP and were literally pipped on GD the previous year without him to a superior Man City side than I see in front of me today seems incredibly naive to me.

I'm actually quite happy to be written off as now only CONTENDERS for top four as I'm sure that will serve as extra motivation for the players to once again prove why only a fool would write off any modern day United side.

We have a fully fit Vidic back this year by the looks of it which is something we have lacked in the past two seasons - Anyone with any footballing perception about them will understand that this is a huge deal for us.

I'm hoping for a big season from the freshly motivated Rooney, continued brilliance from RVP and despite being unsatisfied with our transfer business, if Fellaini can prove his doubters wrong and provide the steel we need in the middle it will make a huge difference to our overall shape.

If Kagawa continues to adapt and is used correctly, there is also an extra dimension on previous years from him.[/quote']

Chelsea - Hazard, Mata, Willian, Oscar, Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, De Bruyne, Schurrle

City - Silva, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya, Nasri, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell

Arsenal - Ozil, Cazorla, Wheelchair, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Diaby

Tottenham - Lamela, Eriksen, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, Gylfi

United - Carrick, Fellaini, Giggs, Cleverley, Nani, Valencia, Young, Kagawa, Anderson, Zaha

Quality wise I think your midfield bunch is 5th and for a team aspiring to be champions in every competition they're competing in, that's pretty mediocre.

Interesting to read how much people are writing off United. Whilst everybody is entitled to their opinion' date=' calling a midfield "laughable" in a side that finished 11 points clear last year with RVP and were literally pipped on GD the previous year without him to a superior Man City side than I see in front of me today seems incredibly naive to me.[/quote']

That midfield playing under Fergie last season, and that very same midfield will be playing for Moyes. That for once is a very big difference. I'm under impression people were writing you off because of Moyes and his lack of transfer to strengthen his side to compensate his shortcoming as 'big club' manager. Being last season champions and his 'failure' in recent transfer windows, he already under some amount of pressure, I expect him to crumble soon.

I'm hoping for a big season from the freshly motivated Rooney' date=' continued brilliance from RVP and despite being unsatisfied with our transfer business, if Fellaini can prove his doubters wrong and provide the steel we need in the middle it will make a huge difference to our overall shape.[/quote']

Freshly motivated Rooney? He have been forcing a move for quite sometime now and I don't expect him to be 'motivated' this season especially under Moyes.

If Kagawa continues to adapt and is used correctly' date=' there is also an extra dimension on previous years from him.[/quote']

Not too sure about this. For some reason, he who play under Fergie can't even adapt last season, and I don't expect him to strive under Moyes. Not to mentioned Moyes don't even fancy to use him..

You are totally in dream land if you think Liverpool and Spurs will finish above United and Cheslea for that matter.

United will reclaim the title and all will be normal once again in the EPL just a sit was last season.

Well, I put Chelsea as champion, not sure how both team will finish above Chelsea.

Spurs - have been impressive in transfer window in strengthen their depth and fixing what they need - a striker. Once all their new players click in, they will be very good side all around. Plus AVB is really good manager.

Liverpool - well, we are top now. :D So, predicting us finishing 4th is not OTT. :P

Love everyone on here doubting man u - they won't win the title, won't even finish top 4, average/poor team with no quality players...

No doubt they should have added more in the transfer window but you guys are muppets - Man U will be top 4, no doubt, and they still have a top squad - other teams might have bought a few stars, but Man U have a team, a team that is used to playing together and used to getting results and that hasn't changed

Love everyone on here doubting man u - they won't win the title' date=' won't even finish top 4, average/poor team with no quality players...

No doubt they should have added more in the transfer window but you guys are muppets - Man U will be top 4, no doubt, and they still have a top squad - other teams might have bought a few stars, [b']but Man U have a team[/b], a team that is used to playing together and used to getting results and that hasn't changed

van Persie pretty much carried them last season ...

Chelsea - Hazard' date=' Mata, Willian, Oscar, Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, De Bruyne, Schurrle

City - Silva, Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya, Nasri, Milner, Garcia, Rodwell

Arsenal - Ozil, Cazorla, Wheelchair, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Diaby

Tottenham - Lamela, Eriksen, Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Townsend, Chadli, Gylfi

United - Carrick, Fellaini, Giggs, Cleverley, Nani, Valencia, Young, Kagawa, Anderson, Zaha

Quality wise I think your midfield bunch is 5th and for a team aspiring to be champions in every competition they're competing in, that's pretty mediocre.[/quote']

It'll be interesting to see the comparative success in terms of league positions and trophies between Man U & Spurs come the end of the season now that you've decided how mediocre Man U are.... I seem to recall not so long ago some of you Spurs fans going on about how superior you are to Arsenal now....how did that work out for you?

It'll be interesting to see the comparative success in terms of league positions and trophies between Man U & Spurs come the end of the season now that you've decided how mediocre Man U are.... I seem to recall not so long ago some of you Spurs fans going on about how superior you are to Arsenal now....how did that work out for you?

Saved me even posting

1. Manchester United

2. Arsenal

3. Chelsea

4. Manchester City

5. Liverpool

6. Tottenham

7. Newcastle

8. Swansea

9. Everton

10. Villa

11. Norwich City

12. West Ham

13. West Brom

14. Hull

15. Cardiff

16. Fulham

17. Sunderland

18. Southampton

19. Stoke

20. Palace

You do realise that a midfield is only 4/5 members of an 11 man team? :rolleyes:

Or are you so desperate to put words in my mouth and mis-quote me?

We had a team that isn't that yet due to several new arrivals. They were holding on for a 1-0 and all of a sudden they're world beaters again? :rolleyes:

Who do you support out of curiosity?