Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

They only played their first game well. against Chelsea both teams sat back and i think were hoping for the draw. against Liverpool they didn't have a clue on how to break the defence down and totally ran out of ideas' date=' only a Van Persie shot wide was the closest they came. Liverpool keep the ball well and are much more fluid in attack than last year. Chelsea have the Mourinho factor and they took Bayern (best team in the world ATM) all the way to penalties (if it wasn't for Ramires stupidity/a Martinez last gasp equaliser they would have won) Tottenham have signed an array of players to strengthen their squad and you can tell they are off the pace as they need time to gel but have still been playing some neat football and once they do gel they will be a force to be reckoned with. Arsenal have signed a world class player in Ozil, yes they had a blip against Villa but still play good football. City play really well and even though they lost to Cardiff are still good to watch going forward.

And this brings me to United. Lost Scholes, Giggs has lost his legs :confused: Evra is only getting worse, Rooney is unhappy, Moyes is clueless and they've lost Ferguson.

[b']Liverpool are 5 points in front of them already (without their best player), which puts it into perspective from last season for me.[/b]

You've been watching too much MOTD.

Against Swansea we played well for about 15 minutes and were clinical. Outside of that Swansea played the better football.

United v Chelsea in Mourinho and Moyes first big game was always going to be a dead rubber with neither side wanting to lose. United played the better football and looked entirely comfortable defensively with Vidic and Ferdinand looking back to their commanding best. I recall a very similar game against Manchester City in 2010 under Fergie so this is not a new phenomena.

Liverpool v United is game that is always completely out of context. Any Liverpool or United fan knows that the form, quality and momentum of the teams is irrelevant in these games and it is ALWAYS the fixture I am least confident of winning in the season. Ironically, United had better control and look least threatened at Anfield than I have seen for a number of years. I'll concede that we ran out of ideas but you have to give Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers credit here, they organised and pressed very well and took advantage of the early goal to see it out.

I'm happy to judge Moyes and United at the end of the season and I'm entirely convinced at this stage that we will still be a major title contender as usual.

The bolded bit is just comical.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

We had the pace and the momentum throghout nearly the entire 2nd half ... until AVB had a breakdown and took Townsend off ... that's where you won the game.

You had the momentum because we were playing on the counter. For the first time in yonks, we've got a robust enough defence to do that. You created nothing and frankly that's the end of it.

What we did to you was what Ferguson had been doing to us. Most of the ball but nothing dangerous and hit em on the break.

Let's break this horror of a post down:

One' date=' we did not sit back against Chelsea unless I was watching a different game. We weren't overly adventurous going forward either but that's not equivalent to sitting back. There was only one team sitting back and it wasn't us.

[b']You weren't exactly going for the win were you, both teams were sitting back.[/b]

Two, Have you ever watched us at Anfield over the last 10 years or so? If you have then you might find that this was one of our better performances there. Last season we never looked like breaking down Liverpool either and that was a Liverpool side down to 10 men.

Totally irrelevant to the fact you played poorly against a team supposedly worse than yourselves.

Tottenham have been average and worse than us so far this season. Despite their array of signings, I'll be surprised if they finish in the top 4 and you can quote me on that.

Once those players gel, you will be surprised.

City have had one good game and that was against a hapless Newcastle at home and were very lucky to beat Hull at the weekend.

They demolished Newcastle, played the better football against Cardiff and if it wasn't for some amazing Cardiff defending would of won.

Losing Scholes is largely irrelevant as he didn't contribute much last season. Giggs won't be a regular starter once we get all our attacking players fit so him losing legs is not much of an issue.Evra has had a good start to the season so I am sure how you come to the conclusion that he's getting worse. The guy is machine like. Rooney can stay unhappy all he wants if he keeps performing (which he will). We still have Nani, Kagawa, Hernandez and Rafael yet to return to full fitness.

You've lost two of your most experienced players (in Giggs & Scholes), how you can say Evra isn't on the decline is ludicrous, why would you make a loan bid for Coentrao? You still have Nani and Kagawa but Moyes is clueless when it comes to utilizes attacking players, he likes to play overlapping fullbacks and he hasn't got a clue how to play a technically gifted AM. Rooney is your second best player, how can you say he will keep grinding out the performances if he's unhappy at playing second fiddle to RVP? The players aren't as hungry as they were under Fergie.

Last season we won the title despite Rooney struggling for form and fitness, all our wingers being rubbish at once, our defense being unusually shaky at the start and Kagawa adapting to the league.

You won the title last season but you have gone backwards in terms of progression whereas everyone else has gone forwards, you will not replicate the points tally you achieved last season, no way.

I don't think you will many United fans who think we'll win the league (I'll be happy with 3rd) but if you're going to criticise then do it valid points. 'Moyes is clueless' is not one of them.

See the above.

You've been watching too much MOTD.

Against Swansea we played well for about 15 minutes and were clinical. Outside of that Swansea played the better football.

United v Chelsea in Mourinho and Moyes first big game was always going to be a dead rubber with neither side wanting to lose. United played the better football and looked entirely comfortable defensively with Vidic and Ferdinand looking back to their commanding best. I recall a very similar game against Manchester City in 2010 under Fergie so this is not a new phenomena.

Liverpool v United is game that is always completely out of context. Any Liverpool or United fan knows that the form' date=' quality and momentum of the teams is irrelevant in these games and it is ALWAYS the fixture I am least confident of winning in the season. Ironically, United had better control and look least threatened at Anfield than I have seen for a number of years. I'll concede that we ran out of ideas but you have to give Liverpool and Brendan Rodgers credit here, they organised and pressed very well and took advantage of the early goal to see it out.

I'm happy to judge Moyes and United at the end of the season and I'm entirely convinced at this stage that we will still be a major title contender as usual.

The bolded bit is just comical.[/quote']

It will be comical to Fergie, bet he's sat at home laughing at Moyes reputation going down the swannie.

Comical Post.

You weren't exactly going for the win were you' date=' both teams were sitting back.[/quote']

Wrong. Watch the game again.

Totally irrelevant to the fact you played poorly against a team supposedly worse than yourselves.

There's nothing supposedly about it. We are better than Liverpool. And it holds relevance as this has always been the case for whatever reason and not some thing to have dig at Moyes.

Once those players gel' date=' you will be surprised.

[/quote']

I doubt it. Spurs will finish outside the top, nailed on.

They demolished Newcastle' date=' played the better football against Cardiff and if it wasn't for some amazing Cardiff defending would of won.

[/quote']

A 10 man Newcastle without their best midfielder. Lost against Cardiff and were terrible against Hull (Ignored that conveniently I see).

You've lost two of your most experienced players (in Giggs & Scholes)' date=' how you can say Evra isn't on the decline is ludicrous, why would you make a loan bid for Coentrao? You still have Nani and Kagawa but Moyes is clueless when it comes to utilizes attacking players, he likes to play overlapping fullbacks and he hasn't got a clue how to play a technically gifted AM. Rooney is your second best player, how can you say he will keep grinding out the performances if he's unhappy at playing second fiddle to RVP? The players aren't as hungry as they were under Fergie.

[/quote']

Wrong. We haven't lost Giggs. Why would we make a loan bid for Coentrao? Possibly because we have an inept back up as LB in Buttner. By your logic Mata must be declining as a player looking at Chelsea's signing. I must have imagined Moyes signing Arteta and getting the best out of him...oh wait I didn't. I can't say how Rooney will play but I suspect he'll be up for it but we'll see. The players have lost hunger? Have you spoken to players or have you pulled this out of your behind?

You won the title last season but you have gone backwards in terms of progression whereas everyone else has gone forwards' date=' you will not replicate the points tally you achieved last season, no way.

[/quote']

Indeed, signing Fellaini who's better than Cleverley clearly is not an improvement.

Overall 2/10 for the quality of trolling. Try harder

Here's a nice fat can of worms for you.

EA have released the top 50 rated players on the upcoming FIFA14 game.

15 of them play in the PL.

They are, in number of representatives order.....

Manchester City (5)

Aguero (88), Silva (88), Toure (86), Kompany (86), Jesus Navas (85)

Chelsea (4)

Mata (87), Cole (85), Cech (85), Hazard (85)

Manchester United (3)

RVP (89), Rooney (87), Vidic (87)

Arsenal (2)

Ozil (87), Cazorla (85)

Liverpool (1)

Suarez (86)

Here's a nice fat can of worms for you.

EA have released the top 50 rated players on the upcoming FIFA14 game.

15 of them play in the PL.

They are' date=' in number of representatives order.....

[b']Manchester City (5)[/b]

Aguero (88), Silva (88), Toure (86), Kompany (86), Jesus Navas (85)

Chelsea (4)

Mata (87), Cole (85), Cech (85), Hazard (85)

Manchester United (3)

RVP (89), Rooney (87), Vidic (87)

Arsenal (2)

Ozil (87), Cazorla (85)

Liverpool (1)

Suarez (86)

Hazard's dropped... And how is Silva still higher than Mata?

To be fair Hazard was pretty poo last season but still didn't deserve to drop' date=' FIFA Ratings are always awful anyway.[/quote']

No he wasn't... He had a great debut season, sure he dropped a bit around christma time but from march onwards he was probably the second best player in the PL.

No he wasn't... He had a great debut season' date=' sure he dropped a bit around christma time but from march onwards he was probably the second best player in the PL.[/quote']

Everyone has different opinions ;) He did show moments of brilliance but for me he werent that great, I'm 100% certain he'll be one of the best players this season though under mourinho..

Guess you going to find out just how hard it is to play on Thursday night then on Sunday. Does not matter how big the squad is the players still travel and it interrupts training.

We where not relying on perch and Simpson. These where players that where deemed not good enough by the board and stopped the likes if Anita progressing into the team. Caused an internal row with Carr and Pardew

You talk about two players away from an injury crisis but did you see how many days we missed though players injuries? It was almost double any other club and we still managed to go on a nice run and beat some very good team in Europe. In fact i still can't believe we dint go down it was that bad.

Yea the club is a shambles atm but I fully expect us to finishing mid table.

Coloccini/Santon/Williamson/YangaMbiwa/Taylor/Haidara/Debuchy/Good/Dummett. Can all do a job in defense

Cabaye/Sissoko/Anita/Ben Arfa/Gosling/Gutierrez/Bigirimana/Marveaux/Tiote Pretty stacked there then add Obertan and Vuckic.

Now I would of loved for us to get a forward in but we failed this is my main worry but there should be enough goals between

Cisse/Gouffran/Remy/Ameobi/Ameobi

We also hired Faye Downey to help fitness and improve injures' date=' who is high rated.[/quote']

Well we've already started playing the Thursday nights, and were able to make several changes to the squad to get through to the group stages in Romania and then beat West Brom on the Sunday by rotating the squad further. The size of the squad does matter, as whilst you were resorting to playing players who were Championship quality for 30+ games last season, we've got more strength in depth and can change our side around without severely weakening the team.

Dummett, Good and Haidara haven't proven themselves at the highest level, Williamson and Santon aren't mid table quality and your relying heavily on Coloccini at the back.

Anita and Gosling haven't impressed, Obertan and Vuckic aren't good enough. Your relying on Cabaye a lot in that midfield, and Ben Arfa on the wings.

Up front your relying on Cisse and Remy, a strike force containing the likes of Shola Ameobi and Gouffran isn't something that's going to be able to get the goals to keep you up.

To be fair Gourfaan did score the goals that just kept us up last season . He a lot better on the wing than egghead.

Like I said we had something like 1890 days where players where missing. The closes team was Wigan with around 1100. I hate making excuses but you simply can't look past that stat with the amount of games. We played.

A few of thoses players you listed did not even get a chance which is why perch was asked to leave.

Btw how is Rory Donnelly doing? Not heard much from him since his move from cliftonville?

I'm Delighted.

By far,our best winger and if he can get that old form back,he's gonna be amazing and I think he will as he's got much more confidence as Moyes trusts him more then SAF.

I'm Delighted.

By far' date='our best winger and if he can get that old form back,he's gonna be amazing and I think he will as he's got much more confidence as Moyes trusts him more then SAF.[/quote']

Pretty sure Fergie tried his hardest to get rid of Nani last year.

A 5 year contract extension will mean he is tied down for a long time, Just seems a weird one especially when he looked to be on his way out after a poor few years.

Pretty sure Fergie tried his hardest to get rid of Nani last year.

A 5 year contract extension will mean he is tied down for a long time' date=' Just seems a weird one especially when he looked to be on his way out after a poor few years.[/quote']

therefore I'm saying he didnt got the confidence from SAF he should have got.

it does seem weird but you can expect changes under a new manager and I can see Nani shining this season for us.

To be fair Gourfaan did score the goals that just kept us up last season . He a lot better on the wing than egghead.

Like I said we had something like 1890 days where players where missing. The closes team was Wigan with around 1100. I hate making excuses but you simply can't look past that stat with the amount of games. We played.

A few of thoses players you listed did not even get a chance which is why perch was asked to leave.

Btw how is Rory Donnelly doing? Not heard much from him since his move from cliftonville?

The fact that they were rated lower than the likes of Perch, shows you that they aren't up to much. Perch was versatile and in losing him you've lost central midfield, full back and centre back cover.

Donnelly looks to be a part of first team plans this season. Score 5 goals in pre season, scored in his first two U21 games and got his debut away to Petrolul. He missed some chances, but generally impressed with the way he was able to get himself in to goal scoring positions. I'd expect him to play a few more games this season and hopefully break through to become a more regular part of the first team.

Donnelly looks to be a part of first team plans this season. Score 5 goals in pre season' date=' scored in his first two U21 games and got his debut away to Petrolul. He missed some chances, but generally impressed with the way he was able to get himself in to goal scoring positions. I'd expect him to play a few more games this season and hopefully break through to become a more regular part of the first team.[/quote']

Was knocking them in for fun in the Irish league which is better than most people think for a bunch of part timers. Have a feeling he choose R.Ireland instead of the mighty Norn Iron. Even after going back on his word and playing for N.Ireland under 21's. Have to play a competitive international to get tied.

Which is a shame they prob play him once to tie him then not look at him again where as with N.Ireland he could make a lot of quick progress

Was knocking them in for fun in the Irish league which is better than most people think for a bunch of part timers. Have a feeling he choose R.Ireland instead of the mighty Norn Iron. Even after going back on his word and playing for N.Ireland under 21's. Have to play a competitive international to get tied.

Which is a shame they prob play him once to tie him then not look at him again where as with N.Ireland he could make a lot of quick progress

I'd lose a bit of respect for him if he does that, and I think he may well do that even though I am Irish. He's Northern Irish, and seemingly with those players they think it's a better career move for them to potentially play in a major tournament but the reality is that he'd get so many more caps and international opportunities playing for NI.

I'd lose a bit of respect for him if he does that' date=' and I think he may well do that even though I am Irish. He's Northern Irish, and seemingly with those players they think it's a better career move for them to potentially play in a major tournament but the reality is that he'd get so many more caps and international opportunities playing for NI.[/quote'] To be fair he been pretty clear from the start. Unlike some who come though our ranks even go as far as play for the senoir team in friendlies then bugger off :P
Who cares?

Ireland' date=' Northern Ireland, Scotland & Wales.

All tinpot nations. (and here comes the abuse :-))

This Tinpot Nation set you packing back to the mainland with your tail between your legs ossshhh :D