Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I didn't expect you to be sympathetic towards him. Are you a 1D fan in disguise?

I think all this criticism comes from the fact he's a member of 1D and also because of his annoying fans.

I'm not a fan but I certainly don't begrudge him using his talent to earn fame and fortune. Think it's only jealousy that causes people to hate on the guys themselves.

I will give you that their fans, along with Bieber's mob are incredibly annoyed though.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

I'm not a fan but I certainly don't begrudge him using his talent to earn fame and fortune. Think it's only jealousy that causes people to hate on the guys themselves.

I will give you that their fans' date=' along with Bieber's mob are incredibly annoyed though.[/quote']

It would help if they made music I could listen to without my ears bleeding for a start.

Would one of the Backstreet boys/N Sync had this sort of reaction back in the 90's? Highly doubt it, they would be cheered upon every touch if anything

It would help if they made music I could listen to without my ears bleeding for a start.

Would one of the Backstreet boys/N Sync had this sort of reaction back in the 90's? Highly doubt it' date=' they would be cheered upon every touch if anything[/quote']

So because they don't cater to your tastes it's OK to hate on them? They make music that sells which in all honesty is the best career move for them.

I guarantee that if One Direction had been a 90s production they'd have none of this. I mean, have you heard Robbie Williams' latest single?!

Poor Louis. Takes time out of a ridiculously busy schedule to play in a charity game (in which he was a huge part in getting the stadium full) and all he gets s criticism. Lot of respect for him.

I will give you that their fans' date=' along with Bieber's mob are incredibly annoyed though.[/quote']

Totally agree with every word you've said there. It's hard to express those opinions without being criticised though, which is silly really.

I think it's some of the 1D fans that have overshadowed the situation and the real purpose behind the game today.

Put it this way, I bet Liam Gallagher wouldn't get this sort of criticism, because he's some sort of god apparently (I'm a fan of Oasis before anyone jumps on that :P). It's all about jumping on the bandwagon.

So because they don't cater to your tastes it's OK to hate on them? They make music that sells which in all honesty is the best career move for them.

I guarantee that if One Direction had been a 90s production they'd have none of this. I mean' date=' have you heard Robbie Williams' latest single[/b']?!

I doubt it's any worse then his first.

I'd bring back those floating prisons the Victorians used to have and herd all the twitter trolls in there and send them up the Thames/nearest river.

I guarantee that if One Direction had been a 90s production they'd have none of this. I mean' date=' have you heard Robbie Williams' latest single?![/quote']

Yeah because, they're everywhere I go. I see their faces and hear their music almost every day, and not by my own choice, which can get very very irritating. I don't actually hate them, just dislike them.

If 1D came out with this in the 90's they'd have epicly failed and looked for a new career. Sadly music is all about money today and talent isn't any longer necessary to land you a number 1

We should rename this "The 1D discussion thread"

Totally agree with every word you've said there. It's hard to express those opinions without being criticised though' date=' which is silly really.

I think it's some of the 1D fans that have overshadowed the situation and the real purpose behind the game today.[/quote']

Haha, knew you'd love 1 Direction Ben. Just kidding, I totally agree with Stu as well.

Yeah because' date=' they're everywhere I go. I see their faces and hear their music almost every day, and not by my own choice, which can get very very irritating. I don't actually hate them, just dislike them.

If 1D came out with this in the 90's they'd have epicly failed and looked for a new career. Sadly music is all about money today and talent isn't any longer necessary to land you a number 1[/quote']

Not their fault either - that's pop culture nowadays. No doubt your parents/people at least a decade older than you thought exactly the same about the N'Syncs and Backstreet Boys of our generation.

Talent didn't matter in the 90s. It was all about image, just as it is now. Or are you going to argue that the Spice Girls were great vocalists? :P

We should rename this "The 1D discussion thread"

You're absolutely right, we're well off topic. If anyone wants to continue the discussion by starting a new thread then I'll happily move the posts over.

Poor Louis. Takes time out of a ridiculously busy schedule to play in a charity game (in which he was a huge part in getting the stadium full) and all he gets s criticism. Lot of respect for him.

Didn't know if you were sarcastic or serious. Sadly it's the latter :P

I cracked up laughing tbh as you sound like a 13-year old girl. "Ridiculously busy schedule".... thank god other people don't have a job, kids, elderly parents etc. to take care of.

Bless that little fella for making space to play a game with decent football names in front of a big crowd. Took one for the team didn't he.

Did Terry get booed also? I imagine you have a similar amount of sympathy for him ;)

Terry's done many things himself that make me dislike him.

Didn't know if you were sarcastic or serious. Sadly it's the latter :P

I cracked up laughing tbh as you sound like a 13-year old girl. "Ridiculously busy schedule".... thank god other people don't have a job' date=' kids, elderly parents etc. to take care of.

Bless that little fella for making space to play a game with decent football names in front of a big crowd. Took one for the team didn't he.[/quote']

I don't think I'd have coped working 7 days a week all around the world, rarely seeing my family and friends when I was just 16/17. They're still barely adults and to take a day out for a charity event when you can't take a day to see your mum is very admirable IMO. Obviously they get massive financial rewards but I can't see it being an easy life being in a different country every week with paparazzi sticking their cameras into everything you do and they had this thrust on them very abruptly at a very young age.

You also forget that the huge crowd was largely down to him. Loads of teenage girls in the stands as they wanted to see him.

I don't think I'd have coped working 7 days a week all around the world' date=' rarely seeing my family and friends when I was just 16/17. They're still barely adults and to take a day out for a charity event when you can't take a day to see your mum is very admirable IMO. Obviously they get massive financial rewards but I can't see it being an easy life being in a different country every week with paparazzi sticking their cameras into everything you do and they had this thrust on them very abruptly at a very young age.

You also forget that the huge crowd was largely down to him. Loads of teenage girls in the stands as they wanted to see him.[/quote']

If only they had the talent to go along with their busy schedules:rolleyes:

To be honest if I was earning a nice 8 figure sum of money at 16/17, I'd put up with not seeing my family that often, infact, here's an original idea, I'd fly them out to wherever I am so we could spend time together:eek:

I thought the girls were for big bad Didier Agathe?

I don't think I'd have coped working 7 days a week all around the world' date=' rarely seeing my family and friends when I was just 16/17. They're still barely adults and to take a day out for a charity event when you can't take a day to see your mum is very admirable IMO. Obviously they get massive financial rewards but I can't see it being an easy life being in a different country every week with paparazzi sticking their cameras into everything you do and they had this thrust on them very abruptly at a very young age.

You also forget that the huge crowd was largely down to him. Loads of teenage girls in the stands as they wanted to see him.[/quote']

He's 21, not 16. I'm sure he'll get over it. Lots of people his age live in different countries to their parents. Taking part in a football match featuring international footballers is hardly a chore - I doubt there are many people here who would pass that opportunity up, especially since the pressure to play well was nil.

After all, he was probably only there for publicity, which has worked very well, and many fans will simply be tired of his and others' constant celebrity and publicity machine being thrust in their faces.

Would one of the Backstreet boys/N Sync had this sort of reaction back in the 90's? Highly doubt it' date=' they would be cheered upon every touch if anything[/quote']

I knew you had good taste in music ;)

Also read that Stuart said they had 'talent'

The fans are the worst, the death threats to Agbonlahor, the fact they believed the day was about Louis and not the man who it was made for.

They would have made money with any other person they picked, you really think the Celtic fans wouldn't have sold out the stadium for a player like Petrov?

Edit; As for One Direction in the 90's, they wouldn't have even surpassed 911 in popularity.

I don't think I'd have coped working 7 days a week all around the world' date=' rarely seeing my family and friends when I was just 16/17.[b'] They're still barely adults and to take a day out for a charity event when you can't take a day to see your mum is very admirable IMO.[/b] Obviously they get massive financial rewards but I can't see it being an easy life being in a different country every week with paparazzi sticking their cameras into everything you do and they had this thrust on them very abruptly at a very young age.

You also forget that the huge crowd was largely down to him. Loads of teenage girls in the stands as they wanted to see him.

Jesus H Christ Stu. Let's keep the tears for the poor fella to a minimum shall we. I am starting to think you are sleeping in One Direction bed sheets.

As somebody else said before, the guy is turning 22 this year. I moved to Australia by myself when I was 18 and worked 6 days a week, 10 hours a day there and didn't earn a fraction of what that dude is earning. For the same reason this guy does what he is doing. He wanted it. So let's stop the whining and pitying.

Yeah because' date=' they're everywhere I go. I see their faces and hear their music almost every day, and not by my own choice, which can get very very irritating. I don't actually hate them, just dislike them.

If 1D came out with this in the 90's they'd have epicly failed and looked for a new career. Sadly music is all about money today and talent isn't any longer necessary to land you a number 1[/quote']

Sadly, you´re right. This new generation of teenagers are so screwed up. They only think of style (SWAG), cheap and bad music. In this darkest age, all it matters its image and no talent at all. Take disney shows per example: Most of the actress sings, they have songs full of materialism and imagery and also full of auto-tune. The reason why 1D are so popular, like Bieber, its because of their girl fans! They cover their ears and listen with the eyes. They are good looking, no shame on saying that, i have eyes, it doesn´t mean i am gay xD. The fans like it. One day i was in school in library, and next to me there was a group of girls watching a stream about 1D, they were screaming like hell. What for? If i see Bon Jovi i won´t scream as hell, i will be delightfull. But if saw a gorgeous celebrety next to me, i would maybe say OMG! See the difference? They are highly overrating and only fans of 7-16 years old likes them. Sadly, we have a great generation of winies and ignorant. Would i like to have their fame? Maybe, who knows? Am i jealous? Absolutely not. I am just sad how things are. Who has forgot a classic rock music? I believe no one! Why? Because they are meaningful, well written, nothing compared with the meanless and contentless musics of 1D. Had they talent? Perhaps, they reach X-Factor finals, but aren´t X-Factor a show run by the people?

Jesus H Christ Stu. Let's keep the tears for the poor fella to a minimum shall we. I am starting to think you are sleeping in One Direction bed sheets.

As somebody else said before' date=' the guy is turning 22 this year. I moved to Australia by myself when I was 18 and worked 6 days a week, 10 hours a day there and didn't earn a fraction of what that dude is earning. For the same reason this guy does what he is doing. He wanted it. So let's stop the whining and pitying.[/quote']

Yes, their choices. They are grown-ups. Just because they are part of a band, that means their emotions are greater than all of us?

On topic now please guys. Feel free to make a thread in misc if you want to discuss One Direction. This thread is for the Premier League.

About time someone brought some order to this thread! :P i have been quietly reading through the most boring pages of this entire forum on one direction.

Bring back the PL! :D