Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

From the middle of last season till the end of the season they were excellent and they've only improved on that with their signings this summer. You'll see anyway' date=' Liverpool have a side definitely capable of challenging for the top 4 at least this season.[/quote']

Fair enough. That means Arsenal aren't just going to win the title, they're going to absolutely walk it.

Fair enough. That means Arsenal aren't just going to win the title' date=' they're going to absolutely walk it.[/quote']

You haven't improved in terms of signings like Liverpool have. Their keeper is 3 times better than any of yours and one of the best in the league. Just Ozil won't make you title challengers, despite being in my personal top 5 players in the World. Liverpool have made some top additions though.

You haven't improved in terms of signings like Liverpool have. Their keeper is 3 times better than any of yours and one of the best in the league. Just Ozil won't make you title challengers' date=' despite being in my personal top 5 players in the World. Liverpool have made some top additions though.[/quote']

Liverpool's signings have been nothing short of ordinary, Mignolet's a good signing, that's it. There are 5 teams with better squads then them.

You haven't improved in terms of signings like Liverpool have. Their keeper is 3 times better than any of yours and one of the best in the league. Just Ozil won't make you title challengers' date=' despite being in my personal top 5 players in the World. Liverpool have made some top additions though.[/quote']

i would agree with you if arsenal hadn't of bought in viv' on loan as

viviano is better than mignolet any day of the week plus i wouldn't even go as far to say that he's one fo the best in the league although i suppose it depends on how big your grouping is.

last season for fiorentina he was quality and as soon as he gets a chance in front of chesney(can't spell his name so not even going to try) then it will make a huge difference to arsenal as they'll actually have a keeper inbetween the sticks instead of well whatever chesney is

I genuinely believe they stand a chance this season with the squad they have. Definite top 4 though for me.
From the middle of last season till the end of the season they were excellent and they've only improved on that with their signings this summer. You'll see anyway' date=' Liverpool have a side definitely capable of challenging for the top 4 at least this season.[/quote']

You've gone from definite top 4 to challenging for top 4 in a few hours. People have jumped on you because the top comment was so absurd.

Liverpool's signings have been nothing short of ordinary' date=' Mignolet's a good signing, that's it. There are 5 teams with better squads then them.[/quote']

Mignolet is a quality signing. He keeps Liverpool in some games at times. Sakho is another good signing and Toure has been a revelation. I'm not Liverpool fan but I have definitely been impressed with their business. I believe they're quite underrated.

i would agree with you if arsenal hadn't of bought in viv' on loan asviviano is better than mignolet any day of the week plus i wouldn't even go as far to say that he's one fo the best in the league although i suppose it depends on how big your grouping is.

last season for fiorentina he was quality and as soon as he gets a chance in front of chesney(can't spell his name so not even going to try) then it will make a huge difference to arsenal as they'll actually have a keeper inbetween the sticks instead of well whatever chesney is

I admittedly haven't seen him play' date=' but Mignolet for me is one of the best keepers in the league anyway. I don't see what he hasn't done that others have to suggest otherwise.

You've gone from definite top 4 to challenging for top 4 in a few hours. People have jumped on you because the top comment was so absurd.

Yeah true. They were always going to challenge for a top 4. But I truely believe they will earn a top 4 spot this season. We will see come the end of the season anyway. I'm not afraid to make a bold claim and that's exactly what I've done. Need to spice it up a bit.

Agreed' date=' top 5 from last season, all of their squad's and first 11 is better than Liverpool.[/quote']

And that guarantee's they will finish higher?

I'm not saying we will make top 4 this season but we'll certainly be in with a shout. A bunch of individuals doesn't make a good team and BR has finally got the players playing for him. My hope is to be in top 4 come Jan, hopefully that will encourage us to go and make a marquee and push on.

Mignolet is a quality signing. He keeps Liverpool in some games at times. Sakho is another good signing and Toure has been a revelation. I'm not Liverpool fan but I have definitely been impressed with their business. I believe they're quite underrated.

I admittedly haven't seen him play' date=' but Mignolet for me is one of the best keepers in the league anyway. I don't see what he hasn't done that others have to suggest otherwise.

Yeah true. They were always going to challenge for a top 4. But I truely believe they will earn a top 4 spot this season. We will see come the end of the season anyway. I'm not afraid to make a bold claim and that's exactly what I've done. Need to spice it up a bit.[/quote']

Liverpool have zero depth. Coutinho will get found out sooner or later (Like he did against United to be fair) and Sturridge can't go on a run like he currently is all season. Yes Suarez will be back in the fold but his finishing is incredibly erratic. They have some reasonable players below that like Moses but they're not good enough to get Liverpool top 4.

And that guarantee's they will finish higher?

I'm not saying we will make top 4 this season but we'll certainly be in with a shout. A bunch of individuals doesn't make a good team and BR has finally got the players playing for him. My hope is to be in top 4 come Jan' date=' hopefully that will encourage us to go and make a marquee and push on.[/quote']

Course not, but depth wise I think you're relying on not getting bad injuries, just like Arsenal are.

You have the talent to get top 4 but things need to go your way big time for you to get it. You finished 11 points behind us and 12 behind Arsenal last season. Has that gap been closed? I don't think so personally.

Did people think I was being serious? :D

I would like to agree with Jono but realistically I dont think we have a chance in hell of winning the league. If we finished top 4 we would have overachieved but I wouldnt rule it out.

I dont think the top 4 is set in stone at all. Even Spurs with all of their quality signings aren't guaranteed top 4. They have a wonderful squad on paper but thats just it at the moment. They've been pretty average the first 3 games. If their players dont perform like they can they wont get top 4. Its all good having good players on paper but if they dont perform then they'll be considered flops. Just look at Man U, on paper they had the best wingers in the league a couple years ago in Nani, Valencia and Young but they didnt perform and are now considered poor players.

So, basically, what I'm saying is that teams can have 'better players' but still not do well. Its the best teams that do well, not the best set of individuals

AVB can quote me on this when i say Liverpool will finish ahead of Spurs :)

I have said it before also' date=' and have been quoted, Liverpool will finish ahead of spurs.[/i']

Top for yes maybe, winning the league no chance.

Did people think I was being serious? :D

I would like to agree with Jono but realistically I dont think we have a chance in hell of winning the league. If we finished top 4 we would have overachieved but I wouldnt rule it out.

I dont think the top 4 is set in stone at all. Even Spurs with all of their quality signings aren't guaranteed top 4. They have a wonderful squad on paper but thats just it at the moment. They've been pretty average the first 3 games. If their players dont perform like they can they wont get top 4. Its all good having good players on paper but if they dont perform then they'll be considered flops. Just look at Man U' date=' on paper they had the best wingers in the league a couple years ago in Nani, Valencia and Young but they didnt perform and are now considered poor players.

So, basically, what I'm saying is that teams can have 'better players' but still not do well. Its the best [i']teams [/i]that do well, not the best set of individuals

No, but it's fun to imagine that you're a RAWK poster who genuinely believes it.