Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

think this is honestly the most open top 4 in years.

United: Been miserable so far, and without Fergie i think they have lost the fear factor more than anything, but they are united and have the class there, so obviously a good shout.

Chelsea: Mou Back, best starting eleven maybe, including depth definately, most likely to be there.

City: As usual dangerous, a bunch of uber names, but can they gel together with all the new names and new manager.

Arsenal: Saved face with Ozil, who is the best signing of the window on paper, but havent really done alot else. If they play like last year a shoe-in, biggest strength is stability.

Spurs: Best 'Overhaul'. Went form a glamourous underdog to serious threat, similar to City though, alot of new names and lost bale. Have been found out in attack atm, need forwards and upper mid to gel, real gamble. at least they jave kept the saem manager, who is a very good lets be honest.

Liverpool: Would have wrote them off after their transfers, but form talks, and they still have Suarez to come back, my biggest fear is if left to the second stringers like your Aspas/Alberto types, they may not have the quality.

Prediction top 4 (no order)

Chelsea

City

Arsenal

United (i know this is the 'dangerous prediction etc, i just feel that the loss of Fergie and light transfer window may actually do real damage). P.S 5-10 yeqars ago who would have predicted Liverpools fall from Perenial Title challenging team?

Liverpool definitely have the capability to finish top four with their current squad... Mignolet is a brilliant keeper and has proved his worth already saving a penalty (winning them two points single handedly there) and pulled off some other magnificent saves in all three games, Sturridge and Coutinho are both starting from the start of the season, Toure has proved he is far from past his best, Sakho is a brilliant signing, Henderson has found decent form and looks to have got his confidence back, and they have brought in very capable players in Alberto, Aspas, Ilori & Moses.

For me, i think Liverpool will finish top four.

Liverpool have made some great strides forward but I doubt they will get top four. Certainly be closer than what they were and will continue to grow under the current regime IMO.

The have three 1-0's so far this season, hardly awe inspiring (not taking away from 3 wins, but the performances havent warranted nailed on top four talk IMO).

Shaping up to be a cracking season in terms of title race, top four, 7th/8th place will be interesting too and relegation

Reckon it could be one of the best seasons the premiership has seen

Buts its the premier league so no point predicting :)

The Premier League is probably the most predictable league in world football. It's more or less been split in to three divisions, the top 7, mid table and the teams aiming to survive and there's only or two teams a season that will do a lot better or worse than the group that they're in. In the football league, you can't right off any team from making the play offs.

The Premier League is probably the most predictable league in world football. It'/ more or less been split in to three divisions' date=' the top 7, mid table and the teams aiming to survive and there's only or two teams a season that will do a lot better or worse than the group that they're in. In the football league, you can't right off any team from making the play offs.[/quote']

Bold. Clearly you mustn't have compared it team by team with the other top divisions. Overall, it is very unpredictable and there's quite a few shock results.

The Premier League is probably the most predictable league in world football. It's more or less been split in to three divisions' date=' the top 7, mid table and the teams aiming to survive and there's only or two teams a season that will do a lot better or worse than the group that they're in. In the football league, you can't right off any team from making the play offs.[/quote']

Yeah it's predictable in that sense, but no way can you predict the order. And that is the fun part:p

SPL tops the table for most predictable...;)

Liverpool definitely have the capability to finish top four with their current squad... Mignolet is a brilliant keeper and has proved his worth already saving a penalty (winning them two points single handedly there) and pulled off some other magnificent saves in all three games' date=' Sturridge and Coutinho are both starting from the start of the season, Toure has proved he is far from past his best, Sakho is a brilliant signing, Henderson has found decent form and looks to have got his confidence back, and they have brought in very capable players in Alberto, Aspas, Ilori & Moses.

For me, i think Liverpool will finish top four.[/quote']

But who would they displace? Liverpool have started well but all of the teams around them have improved as well.

The Premier League is probably the most predictable league in world football. It's more or less been split in to three divisions' date=' the top 7, mid table and the teams aiming to survive and there's only or two teams a season that will do a lot better or worse than the group that they're in. In the football league, you can't right off any team from making the play offs.[/quote']

I should know, i support Town (mariners) for puk sake! :D But its still quite unpredictable and tbh it stopped a angry reply from a disagreeing member of this forum (with reference to my prediction) :P

Yeah it's predictable in that sense' date=' but no way can you predict the order. And that is the fun part:p

SPL tops the table for most predictable...;)[/quote']

Well you can't predict all of it correctly, but the post in question made it seem as if the Premier League in particular was the most unpredictable in the world when it's far from the case.

In the SPL, the top spot is guaranteed but the other 11 places are up for grabs and it's far from predictable on the whole.

Bold. Clearly you mustn't have compared it team by team with the other top divisions. Overall' date=' it is very unpredictable and there's quite a few shock results.[/quote']

In Spain, whilst the top two are guaranteed there isn't any where near as much of a gap between the 5th and 20th teams as there is in the Premier League, the same goes for Germany, Italy and France.

There's always going to be an element of unpredictability and shock results like in any division, but in comparison to other divisions it's not unpredictable.

The Premier League is made out to be above all other divisions for excitement, but it really isn't. The final day of last season saw just two teams with something to play for, and there isn't near the same amount of competitiveness as there is in the football league.

Well you can't predict all of it correctly' date=' but the post in question made it seem as if the Premier League in particular was the most unpredictable in the world when it's far from the case.

In the SPL, the top spot is guaranteed but the other 11 places are up for grabs and it's far from predictable on the whole.[/quote']

The Premier League is the most exciting league then, due to any team being able to beat any other team in the league. I suppose also in that sense it could be deemed unpredictable (results wise)

As for the SPL, it's the same every year. Caley Thistle start well, then fade away, but finish well, Motherwell have an up and down season, going about their business quietly, but always finish in the top 3, Dundee United always end up in the top 6, and Aberdeen and Killie should be in the top 6 but never are these days.

Prediction:

Chelsea

City

United

Arsenal

-

Liverpool

Spurs

Everton

Southampton

Newcastle

Norwich

Swansea

Aston Villa

West Ham

Cardiff

Stoke

Sunderland

Crystal Palace

-

Fulham

West Brom

Hull

Buts its the premier league so no point predicting :)

West Brom and Fulham should have more than enough. Sunderland should be terrified right now, and Crystal Palace will do amazingly to stay up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24052562

Interesting read. How any club, never mind one that hasn't won anything in years (with all due respect to Arsenal), can charge nearly £2,000 for a season ticket, when the 2012 champions only charge nearer to £300 for theirs is beyond me.

Crazy stuff, but it's not really a surprise in some aspects.

Interesting read. How any club' date=' never mind one that hasn't won anything in years (with all due respect to Arsenal), can charge nearly £2,000 for a season ticket, when the 2012 champions only charge nearer to £300 for theirs is beyond me.

Crazy stuff, but it's not really a surprise in some aspects.[/quote']

Supply and demand. City is still full of empty seats despite those prices whilst Arsenal have a massive fanbase and waiting list for tickets.

Interesting read. How any club' date=' never mind one that hasn't won anything in years (with all due respect to Arsenal), can charge nearly £2,000 for a season ticket, when the 2012 champions only charge nearer to £300 for theirs is beyond me.

Crazy stuff, but it's not really a surprise in some aspects.[/quote']

Chelsea and Tottenham join Arsenal in selling their most expensive season tickets for more than £1,000.

One word = London.

Being the Capital it is common knowledge that everything will be overpriced in the Capital which includes Football tickets.

Everything in London is double what you would expect to pay the further North you went.

Take a pint of beer for example most places in London range from £4-£5 a pint whereas in Manchester you will pay £3 at max in most places.

Football tickets is no different, But I do agree that Arsenal do charge a hell of a lot considering the lack of success delivered in the last 8 years.

Supply and demand. City is still full of empty seats despite those prices whilst Arsenal have a massive fanbase and waiting list for tickets.

This. It's all supply and demand, they are crazy prices and whilst they will price out thousands, they're still going to sell out the Emirates every week.

Our tickets are going to be expensive, as we'll sell out the game in the Premier League. If we can get a stadium expansion, expected at the end of the season then ticket prices should be reduced.

Not sure if this is the right place to talk about this but the Golden Boy shortlist has been announced:

Draxler

Varane

Coutinho :D

Pogba

...and Zaha :confused:

I think Draxler may win it this year and I think he deserves it.

The hype surrounding Zaha is ridiculous he's really not that good, how he's even made that shortlist is a joke considering he wasn't even the best player in the second tier last season...

The hype surrounding Zaha is ridiculous he's really not that good' date=' how he's even made that shortlist is a joke considering he wasn't even the best player in the second tier last season...[/quote']

How Zaha got on the shortlist ahead of Lamela and Marquinos I'll never know :confused: unless it's only for European players but still even verratti deserves the award more than zaha