Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

It's being referred to as a sexism row' date=' for some reason it's being broadcasted as a major set-back in the women's quest for equal rights :rolleyes: The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion in my opinion. "Makes my blood boil" claims Brady. Grow up :rolleyes:

And please Shack, this isn't the time or place for comments like that.[/quote']

I apologize :(

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

I wholeheartedly agree with all the negative press Keys and Gray are getting for this, the more the better in my opinion. I concede that this world is far too politically correct, but this incident isn't about political correctness in my opinion. We've all made sexist jokes about women and football, but it's another matter for people in such a senior position within the media to echo such disparaging comments. People, whether they are male or female, should be judged on their footballing knowledge/ability/whatever regardless of their age, sex etc.

Keys and Gray may have been joking, but that's not the point. They have a reputation to keep to (or lack thereof for me) and have to set an example to us all. I personally would asvise them to look at the game they're watching a little closer in the hope that they make just one or two half-logical statements, instead of worrying what sex the officials may be.

Craig I'd love to see a club like you sign hulk but it's not unlikely it's impossible. He is one of europes most admires strikers in fanastic form. He has Suitors from every league ' date=' much bigger and I'm afraid better teams than Sunderland. You may have money but that isn't a rumour with any foundation it's some media outlet with nothing with foundation to write about. Can't see him going from sunny Portugal to Sunderland , doesn't havent the same attraction as Spain or London lol !

Any other strikers you have been linked with ?[/quote']

Aye Messi and David Villa have been spotted at Academy of Light. I do relise its impossible..

Its like the whole gordon brown incident when he left his microphone on' date=' on accident and they heard him bad mouthing that woman. Everybody is allowed to have their own views and opinions and just because their well known doesnt mean they should be punished for it because people overhear them.. madness :confused:[/quote']

Your right, 'bigoted'. ? Why would you be in such offence to that? The world is mad and yes if the priminister said something about me I would be offended but I certainly wouldn't want my name to be on every newspaper in the country, anyway that's just me bickering so carry on :P

Oooh' date=' im really sorry sir, i guess its detention after school?

:D[/quote']

Clearly didn't see the comments we made on another thread :rolleyes:

I wholeheartedly agree with all the negative press Keys and Gray are getting for this' date=' the more the better in my opinion. I concede that this world is far too politically correct, but this incident isn't about political correctness in my opinion. We've all made sexist jokes about women and football, but it's another matter for people in such a senior position within the media to echo such disparaging comments. People, whether they are male or female, should be judged on their footballing knowledge/ability/whatever regardless of their age, sex etc.

Keys and Gray may have been joking, but that's not the point. They have a reputation to keep to (or lack thereof for me) and have to set an example to us all. I personally would asvise them to look at the game they're watching a little closer in the hope that they make just one or two half-logical statements, instead of worrying what sex the officials may be.[/quote']

It's been blown so far out of proportion though, it's a short clip where they make a couple of jokes about women in football. It's understable that Sky have come out and punished them, after all they have a reputation to uphold. But come on, these comments really aren't going to influence any people or stop women from entering the men's professional game. I really don't think they are being serious, she got the decision right after all. The fact is that people like Brady shouldn't be making such a big deal about this. As I said earlier, it's hardly a major set-back in women's quest for equal rights.

See that Brady also basically says that they haven't got the guts to say it publically. Well that's just stupid. Are they really going to deliberately say that on air? I'm sure she has lots of thoughts and ideas that she doesn't share with the media.

This world gone far too PC nowadays' date=' as you said its just a bit of banter, women want equal rights then moan about getting made fun of (part of being accepeted is banter and making fun).. take it on the chin and get on with it :)[/quote']

All i want to know is how she got out the Kitchen :D:o

George and Andy are absolutely correct, it just makes them sound like sad old dinosaurs. I couldn't believe how condescending Richard Keys managed to sound when referencing Karen Brady, I read someone this morning saying it was very Partridge and I tend to agree. In so much as it would be funny if it wasn't actually just a bit sad. In fact the only funny thing about it is that the woman in question did her job perfectly while the two perpetrators...let's just say they have their critics.

I wonder what the repercussions had been if a 'lesser' pundit had been caught out like this? Someone like Don Goodman would be picking up their P45 about now, I'd wager.

Edit: Oh and Albion, pants, Tamas, rubbish etc.

Thunderous shot from Drogba giving Chelsea the lead against Bolton. Really was motering.

The commentator mentioned that only 6% of free kicks have been scored this season so far. Direct from free kicks I mean. Like, shots at goal. Thats terrible.

Edit: Malouda makes it 2.

Sky News released more stuff about Gray at the Wolves match but this time he was talking to Andy Burton on the touchline. I would have thought it would be a conflict of interests for them to give the press more stuff about it considering Gray works for them. I wonder if he is going to be sacked after all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350222/Richard-Keys-Andy-Gray-face-sack.html

The Wumming on 606 is mainly restricted to the boards of the bigger clubs. 606 is a unique forum in a way as it integrated all the sports. They were a fantastic place to discuss and read about some of the lesser sports or a discussion on the smaller clubs. The reasons given by the bbc are quite pathetic. And would it really cost a lot to run it?

The Wumming on 606 is mainly restricted to the boards of the bigger clubs. 606 is a unique forum in a way as it integrated all the sports. They were a fantastic place to discuss and read about some of the lesser sports or a discussion on the smaller clubs. The reasons given by the bbc are quite pathetic. And would it really cost a lot to run it?

There are a few petitions on the internet if you want to sign them. Apparently BBC Radio 6 (I think) was going to be closed but they reversed the desicion due to the backlash from the public.