Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Latest rumours from the old mill:

Chelsea are preparing a £30m bid for Southampton's Luke Shaw.

Arsene Wenger is ready to splash out on Manchester City defender Micah Richards in January to add to his options at the back.

Asmir Begovic is not interested in talking about his future with Stoke as links with Manchester City continue.

Real Madrid will tempt Manchester City's resolve with a £48m bid for Sergio Aguero this summer.

West Ham hope to sign Stoke striker Kenwyne Jones in January - fee of around £2m could get a deal done.

Arsenal are keeping tabs on West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu, who wants out of The Hawthorns after branding some of his team-mates unprofessional.

Clint Dempsey is set for a Fulham return in January despite interest from other Premier League clubs, including Stoke.

Ashley Cole is weighing up a move to the United States - with New York Red Bulls leading the race for his signature.

Tottenham are hoping to cure their goalscoring ills with a £30m bid for Fiorentina and Italy striker Giuseppe Rossi.

Guus Hiddink is being lined up to join Tottenham should they opt to get rid of under-fire manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Sunderland are open to offers for Korea striker Ji Dong-Won and there is plenty of interest from the Bundesliga.

Middlesbrough, Wigan and Burnley are among the clubs looking to sign Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford in January - he is currently impressing on loan at the MK Dons.

Aidan McGeady has been transfer listed by Spartak Moscow and could be heading to the Premier League - Everton, Aston Villa and Fulham have reported interest.

Tony Pulis is poised to add Gerry Francis and David Kemp to his backroom staff at Crystal Palace.

Michael Laudrup (as well as the aforementioned Hiddink) on the hit-list for Tottenham should they decide to make a managerial change.

That Tottenham job (if there is one to have) could be an interesting race - Fabio Capello is also being linked with the current non-vacancy.

Brendan Rodgers is taking tips from Coronation Street on how to bring lasting success to Liverpool.

- So lots of Spurs manager talk!

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

A 1/3 of the way through the season and I would never have believed Newcastle would be 5th above United, City and Spurs.

December is not the easiest of months and will be a test of our mettle with games away at the Liberty Stadium and Old Trafford followed by a tough home game against Southampton. Two games I would expect us to win away at Palace and home to Stoke followed by the final game of the year at home to Arsenal.

A month that could see us fighting for top 7 or fighting to stay out of the bottom half depending upon how things pan out.

W.B.A away followed by Man City at home being the first two games of 2014 does make for a tough spell.

All in all presently surprised at our form of late.

;2793973']Don't care if United continue unbeaten streak' date=' [b']draws won't win titles[/b], and speaking of that, please finish 2-2 (Jinxed it)

Neither do Arsenal :P

That being said, if Arsenal keep up this form and land the title I don't think there can be any complaints from any of the rest.

However I forsee a rough patch at some point which will be a real test of character for you.

The places below Arsenal are refreshingly congested which makes for a great PL leading upto the key festive fixtures.

Neither do Arsenal :P

That being said' date=' if Arsenal keep up this form and land the title I don't think there can be any complaints from any of the rest.

However I forsee a rough patch at some point which will be a real test of character for you.

The places below Arsenal are refreshingly congested which makes for a great PL leading upto the key festive fixtures.[/quote']

I think everyone thinks the same. Even some Arsenal fans, one being myself. I guess we'll have to wait ans see. At the moment though, we are playing sensationally well.

;2793973']Don't care if United continue unbeaten streak' date=' draws won't win titles, and speaking of that, please finish 2-2 (Jinxed it)[/quote']

You finished with the fourth highest amount of draws in the league in 2003/04 when you last won the title with twelve.

To put that in perspective United finished last season with five.

Just saying.. you can do it

Playing very well away to City, open game and both sides creating plenty of chances. Should have had a penalty, another key decision going against us, we've wasted our major chances including De Guzman blasting over a one on one inside the box. Great free kick from Negredo, but we should be at least level.

It's like the 2009/2010 season all over again in which Blackpool get promoted at our expense due to' date=' literally, hordes of decisions going against us over the course of the season :o[/quote']

It is very much so, three major decisions in the last four games going against us and the first two of them costing us points in the league and in Europe.

It's only December as well, I seem to remember it being ok until the second half of 09/10.

In the second half Man. City were the much better side, and did deserve to win the game but I think we were certainly unlucky not to score a couple of goals.

I'm predicting another heavy defeat for Spurs. I can't see them beating an inform United team who are unbeaten in over 10 games.

smileys-confused-731584.gif

Yeah that was a pretty heavy defeat for Spurs right Tony?

2-2? Almost losing if it weren't for that penalty.

Crystal ball broken Tony?

Samir Nasri is showing the difference between Mancini and Pellegrini right now. He's in great form and when he's playing like this, he's world class. Negredo's also proving to be an absolute bargain.

Think the teams in the top 3 now will make up the top 3 at the end of the season. All have superior squads and are mostly playing better football than the rest. The race for 4th will be really interesting. Could be any of the next 6 sides.