Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Samir Nasri is showing the difference between Mancini and Pellegrini right now. He's in great form and when he's playing like this' date=' he's world class. Negredo's also proving to be an absolute bargain.

Think the teams in the top 3 now will make up the top 3 at the end of the season.[b'] All have superior squads[/b] and are mostly playing better football than the rest. The race for 4th will be really interesting. Could be any of the next 6 sides.

City should be walking it on squad/first team quality. Just need that foul away form sorted now.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

City should be walking it on squad/first team quality. Just need that foul away form sorted now.

I think Chelsea are equals on that front. All both lack is defensive cover that can challenge the first team.

4 of the 5 occasions we've dropped points have occurred adjacent to CL games and all were away. I'm not sure what the underlying cause was but if we start to perk up away over Christmas, it may be that the pressure to succeed in Europe was affecting league form around CL games.

I think Chelsea are equals on that front. All both lack is defensive cover that can challenge the first team.

4 of the 5 occasions we've dropped points have occurred adjacent to CL games and all were away. I'm not sure what the underlying cause was but if we start to perk up away over Christmas' date=' it may be that the pressure to succeed in Europe was affecting league form around CL games.[/quote']

I'm not sure they are tbh.

I'd have your midfield and forwards over theirs any day of the week.

You're both potentially 'soft' at the back so fairly even on that front.

Not sure what City's problem is away as it is in such stark contrast to how impressive you have been at home .... That being said, there are some games (Plzen for example) where you've needlessly made a game of it mainly through your own defensive frailty.

Such as interesting league this year - was just having a snoop at the table and 9th placed Spurs are just two wins off second placed Chelsea. Incredible really, can't remember such an open league as this seasons PL.

Chelsea's squad depth isn't any better than Arsenal's. Their centre backs are dreadful' date=' Azposdleldcueta is no better than Jenkinson, their midfield is far inferior and their strikers aren't title standard.[/quote']

Cahill, Ivanovic, Terry, David Luiz at CB. No dreadful centre backs their. Four top level players compared to your three (Koscielny, Vermaelen and Mertesacker)

Azpilicueta (or Dave) is streets ahead of Jenkinson who just doesn't cut it at this level.

Midfield are not vastly inferior than yours. Ramires would get ahead of Arteta. Oscar, Mata and Hazard would all be ahead of Ramsey and likely Cazorla (assuming all are in form) and Willian and Schurrle would give Walcott something to think about. Their midfield has more depth than yours arguably.

Strikers are alright, they have more depth their than you lot. Three decent strikers, you have one.

I fail to see the similarities in squad depth.

Cahill' date=' Ivanovic, Terry, David Luiz at CB. No dreadful centre backs their. Four top level players compared to your three (Koscielny, Vermaelen and Mertesacker)

Azpilicueta (or Dave) is streets ahead of Jenkinson who just doesn't cut it at this level.

Midfield are not vastly inferior than yours. Ramires would get ahead of Arteta. Oscar, Mata and Hazard would all be ahead of Ramsey and likely Cazorla (assuming all are in form) and Willian and Schurrle would give Walcott something to think about. Their midfield has more depth than yours arguably.

Strikers are alright, they have more depth their than you lot. Three decent strikers, you have one.

I fail to see the similarities in squad depth.[/quote']

So does Fern :P

Cahill' date=' Ivanovic, Terry, David Luiz at CB. No dreadful centre backs their. Four top level players compared to your three (Koscielny, Vermaelen and Mertesacker)

I fail to see the similarities in squad depth.[/quote']

I think Mert and Kos are streets ahead of Cahill and Luiz at CB , Think Cahill and Luiz are average CB's while Kos and Mert are unargueably the best CB partnership around at the moment.

I will agree Dave is far far far better than Jenks sooner we sell Jenks the better.

On the midfield you cant really say you would take Rammy or Arteta as they are both different players and honestly Arteta fits our system and Rammy fits chelskis. On form at the moment Ramsey is the best around so I wouldnt take any of their mids for him. I think Caz is just as good as the rest of the chelsea midfield when he is on form but hes off the pace at the moment coming from injury. I would take Andre over Walcott tho :P

I agree with you on the forwards :)

I think Mert and Kos are streets ahead of Cahill and Luiz at CB ' date=' Think Cahill and Luiz are average CB's while Kos and Mert are [b']unargueably[/b] the best CB partnership around at the moment.

Messi and Ronaldo are unargueably the best two players in the world.

There are numerous arguments to be had about Arsenal's centre-backs. :)

Seconded. I've got a sneaky feeling that Fulham could be pushing for top 7 this year. I like what Jol is doing there.

And the award for best prediction this season goes to... :P

I don't think any of the top sides have great strength in depth at the back. Jenkinson isn't top 4 standard, Arsenal only have 3 CBs, Chelsea's back up for Cole is a RB, Cahill's not great and City's CB cover is all decrepit.

Everyone has an abundance of depth in the middle, particularly Chelsea considering who they also have injured/out on loan.

Arsenal's strike force has next to no depth and Chelsea have a load of individuals, which can work if you play them by themselves.

*NB, I kid - it's still well behind LAB suggesting Spurs had a great chance against City and whatever Tony rubbish Tony happens to be spouting.

Messi and Ronaldo are unargueably the best two players in the world.

There are numerous arguments to be had about Arsenal's centre-backs. :)

Was meant to include in the PL :P

I think PL wise they are the best around without arguement but I like to challenge anyone to come up with a better CB partnership at the moment in any league :P

Was meant to include in the PL :P

I think PL wise they are the best around without arguement but I like to challenge anyone to come up with a better CB partnership at the moment in any league :P

Kompany + Lescott/Nastasic has formed the PL's best CB partnership for the last two seasons. This season City have conceded just 2 more than Arsenal with Kompany, the league's best defender, missing for 2/3 of it.

Kompany should, incidentally, be back very soon.

3rd of the way in - worth a more educated guess?.....

Teams

Champions: Arsenal

2nd/3rd/4th: Chelsea, City, United

League Cup: City

FA Cup: United

Champions League Winner: Bayern Munich

Relegation: Palace, Stoke, Cardiff

Players

Top Scorer: Aguero

Top Assists: Rooney

Player of the Year: Rooney

Young Player of the Year: Ramsey

Manager of the Year: Pocchetino

Teams

Champions: Man City

2nd/3rd/4th: Chelsea, Arsenal, United

League Cup: Chelsea

FA Cup: Liverpool

Champions League Winner: Real Madrid

Relegation: Palace, Stoke, Sunderland

Players

Top Assists: Ozil

Player of the Year: Aguero

Young Player of the Year: Oscar

Manager of the Year: Pocchetino

Teams

2nd/3rd/4th: Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool

FA Cup: Arsenal

Champions League Winner: Bayern

Relegation: Palace,Fulham, Stoke

Players

Player of the Year: Suarez

Manager of the Year: Wenger

Teams

2nd/3rd/4th: Arsenal' date=' Chelsea, Liverpool

[b']League Cup:[/b] Chelsea

FA Cup: Arsenal

Relegation: Palace,Fulham, Stoke

Players

Player of the Year: Suarez

Manager of the Year: Wenger

I've amended my YP to Ramsey also. Did not think he would qualify due to age but apparently anyone 23 or under when the season starts is eligible for YP of the year :confused:

Teams

2nd/3rd/4th: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton

FA Cup: Man City

Relegation: Palace, Sunderland, Fulham

Players

Player of the Year: Aguero