Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

What is the point in naming a 25-man-squad at the start of the season if your not allowed to change it around when you want? It's stupid' date=' will be interesting to see Holloway's opinion on the matter. Didn't he say he'd stand down if Blackpool were fined?[/quote']

He did say that, but i don't know that he will seeing as the situation has died.

They picked up a point didn't they, and apparantly you name a 25 man squad of players able to play throughout the season in the league and your not aloud to use them to there full depth.

I'm sure we will all enjoy his rant in his next press conference :D

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

He did say that' date=' but i don't know that he will seeing as the situation has died.

They picked up a point didn't they, and apparantly you name a 25 man squad of players able to play throughout the season in the league and your not aloud to use them to there full depth.

[/quote']

They lost 3-2 to a 89th minute goal from Collins, but I agree with you. It wasn't that much of a weakened side either tbh. Yes they made 11 changes, but most of them have played 7+ games this season already.

him or mark bolton' date=' and make the presentation a bit more highbrow otherwise those two would be wasted

and listening to keys' career suicide right now on talksport, lol!![/quote']

Agreed actually. Mark Bolton's a better presenter than Keys for me, warmer and far more natural. He's Albion as well, and having seen him in buying an obscenely large TV in a Currys near me I can confirm that he uses his 'tv voice' in everyday life, Partridge style, which is brilliant.

What is he saying?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1350771/Richard-Keys--interview-talkSPORT.html

Apologies for the Mail article but it's the first result on google.

Edit: I might have got mixed up with the second part of this, ignore me if so.

Not much news on Merseyside regarding transfers today only that Everton have finally brought in a striker, although he is unkown to me. Apostolos Vellios will apparently sign a three and a half year deal. He is worth the risk at £215,000.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6707441,00.html

Not much news on Merseyside regarding transfers today only that Everton have finally brought in a striker' date=' although he is unkown to me. Apostolos Vellios will apparently sign a three and a half year deal. He is worth the risk at £215,000.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6707441,00.html

He's rated 75 on sm :D , What happened to that other striker you got Gueye?

He's rated 75 on sm :D ' date=' What happened to that other striker you got Gueye?[/quote']

If he gets some game time looks like we will have a riser on our hands.

Regarding Gueye I think he is more of a winger than a striker. He hasn't had many chances so he hasn't had much time to impress. I saw him play in a pre season game against Everton Chile and he put a few good crosses in and even set up a goal, so I think he deserves a shot especially with Pienaar leaving.

Whoop, Mauro Formica joins Blackburn. He doesn't fit in with their style of play whatsoever (unless Kean is changing the Allardyce mantra) and will likely struggle to adapt to the physical nature that the Premier League presents, but I love this kid. I hope he can step up and provide that creative spark that I know he can.

Whoop' date=' Mauro Formica joins Blackburn. He doesn't fit in with their style of play whatsoever (unless Kean is changing the Allardyce mantra) and will likely struggle to adapt to the physical nature that the Premier League presents, but I love this kid. I hope he can step up and provide that creative spark that I know he can.[/quote']

Only seen him play once so cant judge him but i'm sure he can fit in , doesnt he play behind the striker? Blackburn have been using diamond formation recently so surely he could fit in no?

Also he will be on Fifa soon :) , Get him on UT.

Only seen him play once so cant judge him but i'm sure he can fit in ' date=' doesnt he play behind the striker? Blackburn have been using diamond formation recently so surely he could fit in no?

Also he will be on Fifa soon :) , Get him on UT.[/quote']

Yeh, he's a classic number ten. Excellent technique and can pick a pass in the final third like nobody's business. Just hope he can cope with the physical side to the game.

Dare I say it, but he'll be a better bit of business than Ronaldinho would have been.