bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

For once' date='appreciate the talent :P.If it would've been Luis Suarez you would've gone mad around.[/quote']

Was a good free kick and no more than Everton deserve but I am sorry the GK is pathetic there, nowhere near the corner, poor poor keeping.

Swansea have been really poor, Bony Everytime I have seen him he has been useless absolutely nothing up front.

Was a good free kick and no more than Everton deserve but I am sorry the GK is pathetic there' date=' nowhere near the corner, poor poor keeping.

Swansea have been really poor, [b']Bony Everytime I have seen him he has been useless absolutely nothing up front.[/b]

Agree with this. Very disappointing high profile signing for Swansea.

Barkley needs to start the last England friendly.

Was a good free kick and no more than Everton deserve but I am sorry the GK is pathetic there' date=' nowhere near the corner, poor poor keeping.

Swansea have been really poor, [b']Bony Everytime I have seen him he has been useless absolutely nothing up front.[/b]

I also agree with this. Offers no where near as much of a threat as Michu. Doesn't seem to work hard off the ball, very poor at his hold up play also. I expected so much more from him.

I also agree with this. Offers no where near as much of a threat as Michu. Doesn't seem to work hard off the ball' date=' very poor at his hold up play also. I expected so much more from him.[/quote']

I agree about Bony but Michu hasn't exactly been great this season. Just looks very disinterested.

An England midfield containing Gerrard' date=' [b']Barry[/b], Henderson and Barkley would actually be good. All play for a team with a similar style of play and they all offer something different.

Personally don't want to see either of those 2 starting in the Brazil climates. Especially against teams like Uruguay and Italy which require a high stamina/energy rate to play against.

Would rather see all of the youngsters blooded with Rooney to lead the line.

An England midfield containing Gerrard' date=' Barry, Henderson and Barkley would actually be good. All play for a team with a similar style of play and they all offer something different.[/quote']

Thing is, Henderson's come into his own since Gerrard's been injured. I think Hendo is now a much better box-to-box player, performing closer to the level that Gerrard was at a decade ago than Gerrard is now. Gerrard does add something from set pieces, but overall I think he slows down your play to pick a pass rather than driving forward himself.

I think pairing Henderson with either Barry or Carrick in the deep roles would seem best at the moment. Wilshere's another option but I think I prefer the others defensively. Barkley at least deserves a decent run out in the AM spot rather than 15/20 minutes against tired opponents, but I think Rooney will have that role in the WC.

Personally don't want to see either of those 2 starting in the Brazil climates. Especially against teams like Uruguay and Italy which require a high stamina/energy rate to play against.

Would rather see all of the youngsters blooded with Rooney to lead the line.

True, never thought about that. Gerrard actually seems very healthy now though. Sure he played like every minute of every game before he got injured.

Thing is' date=' Henderson's come into his own since Gerrard's been injured. I think Hendo is now a much better box-to-box player, performing closer to the level that Gerrard was at a decade ago than Gerrard is now. Gerrard does add something from set pieces, but overall I think he slows down your play to pick a pass rather than driving forward himself.

I think pairing Henderson with either Barry or Carrick in the deep roles would seem best at the moment. Wilshere's another option but I think I prefer the others defensively. Barkley at least deserves a decent run out in the AM spot rather than 15/20 minutes against tired opponents, but I think Rooney will have that role in the WC.[/quote']

Again I agree, however, once it gets to the actual top level teams (Uruguay, Italy) the only hope of a goal generally seems to be from a set piece for England. Gerrard's deliveries for England are very high quality.

I think pairing Henderson with either Barry or Carrick in the deep roles would seem best at the moment. Wilshere's another option but I think I prefer the others defensively. Barkley at least deserves a decent run out in the AM spot rather than 15/20 minutes against tired opponents' date=' but I think Rooney will have that role in the WC.[/quote']Spot on. Totally agree.

I thought it was a pretty even game, neither side had a lot of chances and we were a bit unfortunate not to get a point. Williams did very well to mark Lukaku out of the game, but two very good goals from Everton. We lacked creativity in the final third, and finally got some chances at the end which on another day would have got us a point.

Bony is lethal inside the box, he's in the side to score goals and has scored goals when he gets chances.

An England midfield containing Gerrard' date=' Barry, Henderson and Barkley would actually be good.[/b'] All play for a team with a similar style of play and they all offer something different.

Yes, if you're Italian, Costa Rican or Uruguayan. That would be the worst midfield in the World Cup.

Thing is, Gerrard is captain and will automatically start. So you should basically be picking one player for the remaining deep spot. Personally i'd like to see:

Hart

Johnson

Cahill

Jagielka

Baines

Gerrard

Henderson

Walcott

Rooney

Welbeck

Sturridge

Ruddy

Cole

Jones

Carrick

Barkley

Milner

Lambert

Hart Johnson Jones Jagielka Baines Gerrard Wilshere Barkley Walcott Rooney Sturridge.

Not sure why people insist on picking garbage like Barry and Welbeck. They've clearly learned nothing. Let's be progressive and, even more un-English, exciting.

Oh Sorry should I have put Wilshere in? All them midfielders have been better than him this year.

Have you not watched Barry in previous World Cups? The man is a joke. Henderson is a work horse, nothing more. Will get found out at a World Cup. Gerrard's on his last legs but deserves a final hurrah but we do need some experience.

How can you look at that midfield and think it's going to do us any good? Any half decent team cuts right through that.

Have you not watched Barry in previous World Cups? The man is a joke. Henderson is a work horse' date=' nothing more. Will get found out at a World Cup. Gerrard's on his last legs but deserves a final hurrah but we do need some experience.

How can you look at that midfield and think it's going to do us any good? Any half decent team cuts right through that.[/quote']

Hendersons much more than a work horse, anyone who has watched him this season will say the same and with Gerrards injury he's getting better and better.

Don't think Barry should be anywhere near the England squad in all honesty and a midfield of him and Gerrard would be very slow, leaving Henderson or who else joins them in that midfield to do all the running work.

Now Carrick, Gerrard and Henderson is a midfield I wouldn't mind seeing.

Henderson has grown into much more complete player than your typical workhorse player. He's much more intelligent,making more decisive pass when he's given free role and just like Ramsey in Arsenal,his importance to the team is growing bigger.