bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Have you not watched Barry in previous World Cups? The man is a joke. Henderson is a work horse' date=' nothing more. Will get found out at a World Cup. Gerrard's on his last legs but deserves a final hurrah but we do need some experience.

How can you look at that midfield and think it's going to do us any good? Any half decent team cuts right through that.[/quote']

Have you watched Barry at all this season?

Also Seamus Coleman has got to be one of the greatest bargains in Premier League history.

Yes he is good in the transfer market when he has to buy budget buys. It is when he has money to spend they are rubbish such as Fellaini.

Ohhh Fellaini is rubbish now is he? ;) Not that long ago you was a massive fan of his what happened? Opened your eyes?

Yes he is good in the transfer market when he has to buy budget buys. It is when he has money to spend they are rubbish such as Fellaini.

You can't go wrong with budget buys (Solskjær, Cantona, Schmeichel for example), if they fail, well you've only spent a small fee on them.

Don't know why, but I feel Moyes will do better in the market than Sir Alex, obviously players aren't going to see Moyes as a big attraction but I just have a feeling he'll do well.

Maybe I've already been brainwashed!

He just stood out from all the other rubbish and perhaps this is why you actually thought he was so good.

The other rubbish being the majority of the side currently sat in the top 4, 6 points ahead of United? :P Everton played to Fellaini's strengths whereas at United he needs to be a different player and he's a square peg in a round hole.

The other rubbish being the majority of the side currently sat in the top 4' date=' 6 points ahead of United? :P Everton played to Fellaini's strengths whereas at United he needs to be a different player and he's a square peg in a round hole.[/quote']

Its Lukaku's presence as well as young Barkley, Coleman and Baines. The rest of the team is pretty pish poor let's be fair

But don't forget' date=' 3 of those aren't even their own players. Come the start of next season, we'll be a lot stronger.

I hope![/quote']

Everton finishing in the CL spots looks like a real possibility. That'll open doors.

I'd take a lot of the rest over what United have...

Well when you consider Everton's best performers have been

Barkley

Baines

Lukaku

Barry

Coleman

Deulofeu (when he's played)

Three of those players are on loan so really Everton only have 3/6 of their better players.

Baines would certainly start for United as he's undoubtably better than Evra but Coleman wouldn't ahead of Rafael and I would struggle to find space for Barkley.

Everton have had a great season but that's all their current squad is set up for.

I don't worry about their future at all but their squad isn't as good as United's and to suggest otherwise is laughable.

In particular upfront where United have Rooney, RVP, Hernandez and Welbeck compared to Everton's Lukaku and Kone

Anyway it was good to see United back to winning ways (finally).

Indeed it would' date=' I'm not convinced it'll happen though, not just yet anyway.[/quote']

They're playing some terrific football, have some of the best form in the league and have done well against the bigger sides (such as United). The signs are good. Squad's quite thin though so they need to avoid injuries to key players.

United's squad is definitely better than Everton's as they plan for a much heavier schedule. In a joint starting XI though, Coleman's done more than Rafael this season (although Rafael's has been interrupted by injury), I'd put Jagielka in any CB pairing, Baines over Evra, there are strong cases for Barry over Carrick and McCarthy over Fellaini this season, and I'd have Mirallas on the right flank too. Would probably also say Lukaku's done more than any of United's forwards if you're going to put Rooney in the hole.

Well when you consider Everton's best performers have been

Barkley

Baines

Lukaku

Barry

Coleman

Deulofeu (when he's played)

Three of those players are on loan so really Everton only have 3/6 of their better players.

Baines would certainly start for United as he's undoubtably better than Evra but Coleman wouldn't ahead of Rafael and I would struggle to find space for Barkley.

Everton have had a great season but that's all their current squad is set up for.

I don't worry about their future at all but their squad isn't as good as United's and to suggest otherwise is laughable.

In particular upfront where United have Rooney' date=' RVP, Hernandez and Welbeck compared to Everton's Lukaku and Kone

Anyway it was good to see United back to winning ways (finally).[/quote']

McCarthy has been outstanding as has Jagielka and Howard this season, Baines hasn't even been that good this season, certainly not as good as the three I mentioned. Also you say Deulofeu is one of our key players, he isn't he has played less than 400 minutes of Premier League football.

Another point you say 3 of our best players don't belong to us but Barry is out of contract in the summer so I can easily see us getting him, there is also a massive chance Deulofeu will come back on loan next season so the only one who I can't see being here next season is Lukaku.

Also Coleman is better than Rafael, easily.

They're playing some terrific football' date=' have some of the best form in the league and have done well against the bigger sides (such as United). The signs are good. Squad's quite thin though so they need to avoid injuries to key players.

United's squad is definitely better than Everton's as they plan for a much heavier schedule. In a joint starting XI though, Coleman's done more than Rafael this season (although Rafael's has been interrupted by injury), I'd put Jagielka in any CB pairing, Baines over Evra, there are strong cases for Barry over Carrick and McCarthy over Fellaini this season, and I'd have Mirallas on the right flank too. Would probably also say Lukaku's done more than any of United's forwards if you're going to put Rooney in the hole.[/quote']

Lukaku has done naff all recently, signs of fatigue due to the very thin squad. Not going to get into a 'he's better than him' debate as they're pointless.

Individuals don't make a title winning team, just as we've seen over the years.

Lukaku has done naff all recently' date=' signs of fatigue due to the very thin squad. Not going to get into a 'he's better than him' debate as they're pointless.

Individuals don't make a title winning team, just as we've seen over the years.[/quote']

Neither's RVP.

We're seeing individuals falter at United at the moment. Now Everton are a great example of the team being far greater than the sum of the parts.

Neither's RVP.

We're seeing individuals falter at United at the moment. Now Everton are a great example of the team being far greater than the sum of the parts.

RVP has done naff all for months (I've even said I prefer our style of play without him in the side), that's not the point. I can see Everton becoming stretched due to their lack of depth and I'd be very surprised to see them finish top 4.