bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I can see Everton becoming stretched due to their lack of depth and I'd be very surprised to see them finish top 4.

I agree, January will be massively important. If we can get a few decent players in January to bulk up the squad we could challenge. If we have a window like last January where we only signed John Stones then we will fade away.

I agree' date=' January will be massively important. If we can get a few decent players in January to bulk up the squad we could challenge. If we have a window like last January where we only signed John Stones then we will fade away.[/quote']

You need another striker that's for sure, Lukaku has been a passenger over the last few weeks and you need to be able to keep him fresh. CB cover is short too.

As great as you have been, all it takes is a few injuries and you could struggle to keep up the fantastic form you've been in. Obviously it's going to be impossible to keep up that form anyway, but injuries could play a huge part in loss of form.

That said, I think it's fantastic to see Everton playing so well, long may it continue.

I am being serious' date=' explain how it is really stupid?[/quote']

I dont know..maybe because Rafael is better than Coleman?Saying that Coleman is EASILY better than him its just plain stupid,at least in my opinion.Rafael is the best rightback in the league at all,especially when he's fullfit.In my opinion at least..

You need another striker that's for sure' date=' Lukaku has been a passenger over the last few weeks and you need to be able to keep him fresh. CB cover is short too.

As great as you have been, all it takes is a few injuries and you could struggle to keep up the fantastic form you've been in. Obviously it's going to be impossible to keep up that form anyway, but injuries could play a huge part in loss of form.

That said, I think it's fantastic to see Everton playing so well, long may it continue.[/quote']

A striker and winger and a CM is what we need. We are fine at CB, we have Stones (looks decent), Heitinga and Alcaraz as well as Duffy out on loan.

I dont know..maybe because Rafael is better than Coleman?Saying that Coleman is EASILY better than him its just plain stupid' date='at least in my opinion.Rafael is the best rightback in the league at all,especially when he's fullfit.In my opinion at least..[/quote']

Not sure if this is trolling or you are just serious because this is really stupid.

I dont know..maybe because Rafael is better than Coleman?Saying that Coleman is EASILY better than him its just plain stupid' date='at least in my opinion.Rafael is the best rightback in the league at all,especially when he's fullfit.In my opinion at least..[/quote']

You mad? Coleman has been the best performing RB in the league this season, literally.

A striker and winger and a CM is what we need. We are fine at CB' date=' we have Stones (looks decent), Heitinga and Alcaraz as well as Duffy out on loan.

Not sure if this is trolling or you are just serious because this is really stupid.[/quote']

Well,take it in that way.What has Coleman done to be put in same bracket with Rafael?Scored 4 goals this season?IGnoring the fact that he's good going foward,even though Rafael is even better,he's ignoring his duties in defence.Rafael been ignoring his defensive duties and been rubbish in defence untill last year when he massively improved.Now,he's pushing the whole right flank at United.United with Rafael on the right is looking way better than United without Rafael.Whileist Coleman is a decent RB,Rafael is already a great RB and has potential to develop into one of the best in his positions.Ignoring the fact that Rafael been playing at a top level for a full season and just came back from injury and he seems like he never been injured.Ignoring the fact that Rafael proved his worth in UCL and so on...yeah Coleman is better.

EDIT: Not going to get into this,but Everton will get in top 4 if they sign 2/3 good players in January

Well' date='take it in that way.What has Coleman done to be put in same bracket with Rafael?Scored 4 goals this season?Ignoring the fact that he's good going foward,even though Rafael is even better,he's ignoring his duties in defence. Rafael been ignoring his defensive duties and been rubbish in defence untill last year when he massively improved.Now,he's pushing the whole right flank at United.United with Rafael on the right is looking way better than United without Rafael.

[b']Once again you try and prove me wrong by using your own opinion and using no facts what so ever. You say Coleman ignores his defensive duty's which is complete bull, in fact this full back who you claim fails to defend is actually part of the best defence in the league. Also Coleman has been fantastic for 2 seasons now and is getting better and better so no I am not basing this on him scoring 4 goals.[/b]

Whileist Coleman is a decent RB,Rafael is already a great RB and has potential to develop into one of the best in his positions.Ignoring the fact that Rafael been playing at a top level for a full season and just came back from injury and he seems like he never been injured.Ignoring the fact that Rafael proved his worth in UCL and so on...yeah Coleman is better.

The same could be said for Coleman, he is already a great right back who has potential to be one of the best in his position.

Not sure if this is trolling or you are just serious because this is really stupid.

Don't get what you are even trying to say here.

Nevermind.I hope that Martinez is going to keep the same style in the next season aswell,especially after Barry,Deulofeu and Lukaku will leave.You said that you might get Deulofeu back,what makes you to believe that Barca won't try and get him back to give him a chance?At all,they gave a chance to Tello and Cuenca and maybe its time for him to get his chance too.

Everton are Definete top four contenders and could well be top after the next two games. I would not even rule em out e title running I have been so impressed with them this season and credit where it is due Martinez has done a great job so far, certainly proved me wrong.

The if advantage Everton have had over everybody else is a settled back four who know each other, bar Baines it has been the same personnel in every game and this goes back to the Moyes days they are well drilled and everybody knows what they are doing. Bar the Merseyside derby where both defences went AWOL they have been superb.

Look at the defence of all the other top sides constant chopping and changing, key injuries, managers not sure who there best defence is. You can't underestimate how important a settled back four and especially CB partnership is.

Everton have not lost many games for the past two seasons they are extremely hard to beat. What they are doing now is converting games they have drawn in the past into wins and for me they are seriously good side.

They Probably are a couple of injuries away from probably facing away in terms of the title mix but if they can keep everybody fit they have a real shot of achieving something significant.

The balance in midfield is exceptional for me Gareth Barry has been brilliant since he signed and McCarthy is really stepping up to be the player many people thought he could be.

Don't think Everton are anywhere near good enough to be title challengers. Playing well but you have to wonder how they will do if they get any injuries or how they will do when they start losing form. Top 4 places are open as everyone has been inconsistent really but I don't think they will get top 4. We are still not even half way into the season. The fact Liverpool are top says it all :P

Don't think Everton are anywhere near good enough to be title challengers. Playing well but you have to wonder how they will do if they get any injuries or how they will do when they start losing form. Top 4 places are open as everyone has been inconsistent really but I don't think they will get top 4. We are still not even half way into the season. The fact Liverpool are top says it all :P

I wouldn't say we have been good form for the last month or two bar the United and Arsenal games yet we are still picking up wins. Also regarding the injuries the same could be said to any team.

Everton are playing well yes but where they lack is there first XI is quite good but the rest of the squad isn't up to scratch if they get a few injuries they suffer big time,yes they have a few decent squad players but not a lot of them.

Players like Hibbert,Heitinga,Gibson,Kone even Jela has been very disappointing recently.These players in my opinion are just not good enough to take to the pitch if injuries occur

Everton are playing well yes but where they lack is there first XI is quite good but the rest of the squad isn't up to scratch if they get a few injuries they suffer big time' date='yes they have a few decent squad players but not a lot of them.

Players like Hibbert,Heitinga,Gibson,Kone even Jela has been very disappointing recently.These players in my opinion are just not good enough to take to the pitch if injuries occur[/quote']

Heitinga will probably be gone in January anyway, Kone hasn't really been given time due to injuries (but before that he didn't look much), Jelavic I agree with, needs to be sold, Hibbert is solid defensively but not so great going forward so yes we could get someone else there. However I massively disagree with Gibson, he is a fantastic player who has been fantastic since he joined, will provide excellent back up to Barry and McCarthy.

I wouldn't say we have been good form for the last month or two bar the United and Arsenal games yet we are still picking up wins. Also regarding the injuries the same could be said to any team.

I mean because you lack the depth that the other top sides have. I wouldn't say Liverpool have the best depth in the world but if Suarez gets an injury we can play sturridge and then the other top teams have very decent depth. For me, you'll need quite a bit of luck to get into the top 4 (same as Liverpool). The chance is there but I'd be very surprised if you manage it. It's so tight at the top, anyone could finish anywhere really bar city who I think will finish at least 2nd.

Right that time of year and besides I am bored time for some mid-season awards saw this done somewhere else so thought why not here:

Best player- Luis Suarez

Young Player- Aaron Ramsey

Best Signing- Gareth Barry (even if a loan)

Biggest Flop- Erik Lamela

Best team to watch- 1- City 2- Liverpool 3- Everton

Worst sides to watch- 1- West Ham 2- Sunderland 3- Swansea

Surprise Package- Newcastle

Biggest underachievers- Fulham

Manager Of The Season- Roberto Martinez

Best Match- Everton 3 Liverpool 3

Team of the season (must be a 4-4-2)

GK- David De Gea

RB- Seamus Coleman

LB- Luke Shaw

CB- Dejan Lovren

CB- Per Mertersacker

MID-Yaya Toure

MID-Gareth Barry

MID-Aaron Ramsey (had to find a place for him and Barry)

MID- Adam Lallana

FWD- Luis Suarez

FWD- Sergio Aguero