bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

The influx of blame towards goalkeepers today was sickening. Nah let's alleviate the defenders from any blame despite nonsensically dummying the ball which the keeper would have saved anyway.

Arsenal's equaliser, how on earth could you blame the keeper there? :confused::confused:

Williams doing a stupid superman dive for the Hazard goal was the catalyst in our concession as well. Or the fact we failed to deal with the right footed Robben from cutting inside. :rolleyes:

In no particular order, my summary of the game.

1. We struggled early and deserved to go 1-0 down. We missed Tiote massively in the middle - Someone to break up their attacks and set-up ours.

2. Whelan's sending off is one of those where i'd feel hard done by if he was my player but at the end of the day, it was two yellow card offences and he deserves to go.

3. Stoke have nothing to complain about. The penalty on Remy was correct and he was the last man so it was a red card. What else can the referee do? He's not there to "keep the game exciting", he's there to make sure he correctly officiates a game of football.

4. It was easy in the second half. I'm glad we continued to press and get our goal difference up.

5. Ben Arfa doesn't dive, contrary to Stoke fans' opinions. Watch it again, he clearly gets taken out. If you think he dived, i don't know what else to say.

6. Haidara got wiped out and that was the most stonewall decision of the day but not given.

7. The first goal was not offside, that was Sissoko and he wasn't interfering with play.

8. A fantastically taken penalty by Cisse and great to see the support the crowd gave him when he scored. Hopefully it'll give him a bit of confidence back.

9. Great result. Sometimes you get the rub of the green and you have to make the most of it when it comes your way. We did. 5-1. Arsenal next.

In no particular order' date=' my summary of the game.

1. We struggled early and deserved to go 1-0 down. We missed Tiote massively in the middle - Someone to break up their attacks and set-up ours.

2. Whelan's sending off is one of those where i'd feel hard done by if he was my player but at the end of the day, it was two yellow card offences and he deserves to go.

3. Stoke have nothing to complain about. The penalty on Remy was correct and he was the last man so it was a red card. What else can the referee do? He's not there to "keep the game exciting", he's there to make sure he correctly officiates a game of football.

4. It was easy in the second half. I'm glad we continued to press and get our goal difference up.

5. Ben Arfa doesn't dive, contrary to Stoke fans' opinions. Watch it again, he clearly gets taken out. If you think he dived, i don't know what else to say.

6. Haidara got wiped out and that was the most stonewall decision of the day but not given.

7. The first goal was not offside, that was Sissoko and he wasn't interfering with play.

8. A fantastically taken penalty by Cisse and great to see the support the crowd gave him when he scored. Hopefully it'll give him a bit of confidence back.

9. Great result. Sometimes you get the rub of the green and you have to make the most of it when it comes your way. We did. 5-1. Arsenal next.[/quote']

Is this a joke? We got royally screwed over. The ball went out of play for one of your goals, yet the goal was given..

Is this a joke? We got royally screwed over. The ball went out of play for one of your goals' date=' yet the goal was given..[/quote']

Of course you did. You had two men sent off, two penalties given against you - Should have been 3, but none of it was your fault. :rolleyes:

For Ben Arfa's cross i genuinely couldn't tell if it went out or not. If you can provide an angle that proves it one way or the other i'd be happy to review it, but at the end of the day it was 5-1, not 2-1.

You were down to nine men and quite frankly, as expected you did nothing in the second half.

The game came down to the sending's off.

If you want to argue though, what about Haidara at the end when Shawcross properly wipes him out in the box. It's the most stonewall decision of the day but the referee doesn't give it. Swings and roundabouts.

Justice has been served I guess. Man City conceding is no surprise' date=' they werent that great defensively when we played them.[/quote']

My mate, a Liverpool fan just text me saying the exact same.

If Liverpool win here, they have to be considered favourites for the title right?

My mate' date=' a Liverpool fan just text me saying the exact same.

If Liverpool win here, they have to be considered favourites for the title right?[/quote']

You know as an Arsenal fan, I dont wanna say it but they could well be you know. Beating Man City at their ground is a great achievement.

Im going to stick with what I said months back, its gonna be between Arsenal and Liverpool.

Only conceding 3 that game was flattering to them as well. 4/5 would have given the scoreline more justice.

Definitely shoulda been at least 5 goals, one was given offside, no surprise to see Sterling called offside here.

You know as an Arsenal fan' date=' I dont wanna say it but they could well be you know. Beating Man City at their ground is a great achievement.

Im going to stick with what I said months back, its gonna be between Arsenal and Liverpool.[/quote']

Oh well, lets put that on hold for a bit anyway. :P

Great header by Kompany with Skrtel all over him.