Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

So West Ham have signed Roger Johnson' date=' on for his fourth consecutive relegation. Awful signing really, I know they were desperate but I'm not sure how a player of his ability is returning to the Premier League.[/quote']

Sam Allerdyce : Hey Roger any interest of a move to the Premier League?

Roger Johnson : Yeah Big Sam that would be great for my wages what is the catch?

Sam Allerdyce : Woah before we go that far Roger I have an important question to ask

Roger Johnson : Fire away Big Sam

Sam Allerdyce : Out of interest How far can you kick a ball

Roger Johnson : Long, why Big Sam?

Sam Allerdyce : That is it Roger no need for a medical you will fit right into my tactical plan, your signed.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

;2821694']aaaaand?

Fairplay but don't know why it is plastered everywhere. Good for him' date=' but irritating that its a major shock to people that there is such thing as gay footballers[/quote']

I agree, who is bothered if they are gay or not doesn't change my opinion of them.

Also on Hitz I am surprised he has retired, still felt he could have been a good player for a lower top flight team in most top European leagues.

I agree' date=' who is bothered if they are gay or not doesn't change my opinion of them.

Also on Hitz I am surprised he has retired, still felt he could have been a good player for a lower top flight team in most top European leagues.[/quote']

Feared one of his 25 yarders when he played against Arsenal.

;2821694']aaaaand?

Fairplay but don't know why it is plastered everywhere. Good for him' date=' but irritating that its a major shock to people that there is such thing as gay footballers[/quote']

I agree' date=' who is bothered if they are gay or not doesn't change my opinion of them.

Also on Hitz I am surprised he has retired, still felt he could have been a good player for a lower top flight team in most top European leagues.[/quote']

Im not surprised its plastered everywhere' date=' the newspapers make fake stuff up, so they arent gonna let this one go, its who they are. Anyway, this shouldnt affect anything at all, nothing, let him get on with his life now.[/quote']

I don't think its necessarily that people are shocked by it, but it's a huge step for a footballer to come out as being openly gay.

It's sad and a reflection on our society that a player feels they have to wait until they're retired to do so though.

That is ridiculous. He's always been a terrible manager. Don't know why anyone's surprised. He'd relegate any team

Except well he has'nt :confused::confused:

Il check the City thread ina minute Stu probably thinks a few minutes from a Young foreign guy when your battering possibly the worst side in the League is proof of City's holistic approach working :P:o

Allardyce's Bolton were absolutely terrific. Think he still lives off how good they were though. Nothing but a long ball merchant now, it isn't working anymore and he doesn't have the tactical knowledge to do anything different.

He's been at West Ham a while now too, had lots of money to spend and yet I don't think I could name 3 Premier League quality players in their squad.

He really has.

He pretty much ran us into the ground' date=' but its taken him to destroy a London based club for the media to finally realise it.

He's a bad Tony Pulis - Sign washed up British players, a big target-man up front and just lump it.[/quote']

My post was repeated to him getting a side relegated......he has never taken a team down (at least so far) that's just a fact not me necessarilly sticking up for him as I don't even like Allardyce.

Think your view on his transfer policy is a bit off at Bolton in particular he was very good at picking up foreign players who were considered past there best and getting them to perform to high levels the like of Djorkaeff, Jay Jay Okocha, Anelka Etc spring to mind.

I like West Ham as a club but don't like Allardyce so not sure if I want them to go down or not TBH. probably not as I can always get tickets to see Liverpool there so lets hope they stay up :P

Well no he's not done well at Newcastle' date=' but did do very well at Blackburn and Bolton and has yet to be relegated from the Premier League.[/quote']

Only because we sacked him before we got relegated.

1994-96: Blackpool

G 102 W 44 D 23 L 35 Win 43%

Allardyce's first season in charge at Bloomfield Road, but he was sacked after his second when he failed to lead the side out of the Second Division.

1997-99: Notts County

G 145 W 56 D 39 L 50 Win 39%

After a brief spell at Sunderland as director of youth under Peter Reid Allardyce took over at Meadow Lane in January 2007. He arrived too late to save the team from relegation to Division Three.

1999-2007: Bolton

G 370 W 153 D 103 L114 Win 41%

Took Trotters to FA Cup semi-finals and First Division play-offs in his first season in charge, and won promotion to the Premiership the next season after beating Preston in play-off final.

After staving off relegation in their first Premier League season Bolton climb the ranks, finishing eight in 2003-04 and losing in the final of the Carling Cup. The following year they finished sixth and qualified for the Uefa Cup.

2007-08: Newcastle

G 24 W 8 D 6 L 10 Win 33%

Replacing Glenn Roeder in May 2007, Allardyce kicked out several players and bought several more, including Alan Smith and Joey Barton. Left in January after a run of bad results.

2008-11: Blackburn

G 90 W 32 D 24 L 34 Win 36%

Blackburn finished 15th in his first year in charge. Reached semi-final of Carlng Cup next year. 2009-10 season ends with Blackburn 10th. Sacked in December 2010 after Venky's takeover.

As Stuart says he has lived off his few semi-successful seasons at Bolton. His win percentage is pretty poor at every club he has been at, except for Bolton.

Fair point with the foreign players he signed at Bolton Ray but look at the players he's signed since. Alan Smith, Barton, Carroll, Downing, Joe Cole, Roger Johnson, and that's just off the top of my head. He just signs washed up English players who have flopped elsewhere.

Alright he hasn't had a team relegated but you could say he was involved in team's demises without being there at the exact time they went down.

I agree he's been living off his Bolton days, but that's a long time ago now. He's demonstrated very clearly that he has no tactical flexibility when Plan A (HOOOOOOF!) isn't working