Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Evra ended up making six fouls, enough to be booked for persistent fouling twice as well as committing three fouls that warranted bookings by themselves. Leaves the field without a warning, disgusting.

Frustrating second half, United's first goal was offside and we struggled early on, they were just able to take there chances when it came there way and deserved their win.

Whenever somebody starts to play well, they get injured for us and we're down to just 13 first team players. Canas, Michu, Lamah, De Guzman, Tiendalli, Vorm, Dyer, Pablo Hernandez and Gary Monk all out injured.

Evra ended up making six fouls' date=' enough to be booked for persistent fouling twice as well as committing three fouls that warranted bookings by themselves. Leaves the field without a warning, disgusting.

Frustrating second half, United's first goal was offside and we struggled early on, they were just able to take there chances when it came there way and deserved their win.

Whenever somebody starts to play well, they get injured for us and we're down to just 13 first team players. Canas, Michu, Lamah, De Guzman, Tiendalli, Vorm, Dyer, Pablo Hernandez and Gary Monk all out injured.[/quote']

Seems like United has paid off the ref against then

:P

Evra ended up making six fouls' date=' enough to be booked for persistent fouling twice as well as committing three fouls that warranted bookings by themselves. Leaves the field without a warning, disgusting.

Whenever somebody starts to play well, they get injured for us and we're down to just 13 first team players. Canas, Michu, Lamah, De Guzman, Tiendalli, Vorm, Dyer, Pablo Hernandez and Gary Monk all out injured.[/quote']

The lack of referees making decisions that benefit United at Old Traff was only ever going to be a temporary thing.

For example, when you have 1000s of fans shouting "Straff!!!!" and "罚球" the referee are bound to get confused, and eventually succumb to the wishes of the masses!

"Straff!!!!" and "罚球" are the word "penalty" in Norwegian and Chinese (simplified) according to Google Translate!

Good point, but Bony's tackle on Fletcher wasn't particularly the prettiest. I've seen plenty of refs giving a red card for that.

All in all, good match. It's strange to see a team playing that fluently sit in 13th.

Referee had a decent game

Don't get me wrong from a Manchester United perspective he fantastic, allowed Patrice Evra to kick whoever he wanted as many times as he wanted and on several occasions put United in the ascendancy by giving free kicks in dangerous areas that shouldn't have been given.

But in terms of his consistency of the decisions and his overall refereeing performance, he was horrendously bad.

Don't get me wrong from a Manchester United perspective he fantastic' date=' allowed Patrice Evra to kick whoever he wanted as many times as he wanted and on several occasions put United in the ascendancy by giving free kicks in dangerous areas that shouldn't have been given.

But in terms of his consistency of the decisions and his overall refereeing performance, he was horrendously bad.[/quote']

Bony tackle - could of seen red

I think he got most of the decision right today

Good point' date=' but Bony's tackle on Fletcher wasn't particularly the prettiest. I've seen plenty of refs giving a red card for that.

All in all, good match. It's strange to see a team playing that fluently sit in 13th.[/quote']

Such as? What red card offence did he commit? It was a yellow. It looked a lot worse because Fletcher turned after the tackle was made, but he tackled with one foot, his studs weren't raised and it was nothing more than a mistimed committed tackle.

The consistency wasn't there from the referee, how wasn't Carrick booked for his foul on Canas leading to his injury? How wasn't Rafael booked for persistent fouling? How on the five occasions that Foy should have booked Evra, he decided on each occasion to keep his card in his pocket?

We've played United and City in our first two games of the second half of the season, and with the league as tight as it we're going to drop close to the relegation zone with Spurs to play next. But over the course of the season, if we can keep playing like that we'll beat the sides around and below us, and I'd back us to finish 10th. The main concern is being able to field 11 players who've played at this level before, we've currently got 14 and in much need of some new signings.

Such as? What red card offence did he commit? It was a yellow. It looked a lot worse because Fletcher turned after the tackle was made' date=' but he tackled with one foot, his studs weren't raised and it was nothing more than a mistimed committed tackle.

The consistency wasn't there from the referee, how wasn't Carrick booked for his foul on Canas leading to his injury? How wasn't Rafael booked for persistent fouling? How on the five occasions that Foy should have booked Evra, he decided on each occasion to keep his card in his pocket?

We've played United and City in our first two games of the second half of the season, and with the league as tight as it we're going to drop close to the relegation zone with Spurs to play next. But over the course of the season, if we can keep playing like that we'll beat the sides around and below us, and I'd back us to finish 10th. The main concern is being able to field 11 players who've played at this level before, we've currently got 14 and in much need of some new signings.[/quote']

take off your tinted glasses mate, he was poor but decisions on both sides, not just Swansea:rolleyes:

Such as? What red card offence did he commit? It was a yellow.

The consistency wasn't there from the referee' date=' how wasn't Carrick booked for his foul on Canas leading to his injury? How wasn't Rafael booked for persistent fouling? How on the five occasions that Foy should have booked Evra, he decided on each occasion to keep his card in his pocket?

We've played United and City in our first two games of the second half of the season, and with the league as tight as it we're going to drop close to the relegation zone with Spurs to play next. But over the course of the season, if we can keep playing like that we'll beat the sides around and below us, and I'd back us to finish 10th. The main concern is being able to field 11 players who've played at this level before, we've currently got 14 and in much need of some new signings.[/quote']

Evra, understandable. Rafael, maybe. But for thinking that Canas' injury was caused by Carrick is utter lunacy. He landed badly, nothing more than that. Bony, on the other hand, flew in with two legs from behind. Not saying that it was a sure red, like Fabio in the FA Cup, but in some cases that would have been a red card.

And I wouldn't be too worried about Swansea dropping. There are at least 5 teams that are MUCH worse than them. Top half? Unlikely, but hopefully they perform well in the Europa league and finish the season strong.

Such as? What red card offence did he commit? It was a yellow. It looked a lot worse because Fletcher turned after the tackle was made' date=' but he tackled with one foot, his studs weren't raised and it was nothing more than a mistimed committed tackle.

Do you need a tissue?

And Rafael had 0 fouls in the whole game so I'm not even sure what game you watched if you think he persistently fouled

take off your tinted glasses mate' date=' he was poor but decisions on both sides, not just Swansea:rolleyes:[/quote']

What poor decision did he give in Swansea's favour?

I'm not the only one that's criticized Foy for giving United decisions. Three other posters have, none of which support Swansea.

Evra' date=' understandable. Rafael, maybe. But for thinking that Canas' injury was caused by Carrick is utter lunacy. He landed badly, nothing more than that. Bony, on the other hand, flew in with two legs from behind. Not saying that it was a sure red, like Fabio in the FA Cup, but in some cases that would have been a red card.

And I wouldn't be too worried about Swansea dropping. There are at least 5 teams that are MUCH worse than them. Top half? Unlikely, but hopefully they perform well in the Europa league and finish the season strong.[/quote']

He didn't even give a free kick, and Carrick tackle him to try and stop the attack, which is a booking. Bony's tackle was one footed, he didn't commit a red card offence by the laws of the game, and in any circumstance that a referee would have given him a red card he'd have been incorrect to do so.

I'm not worried at all about the relegation zone, we're better than the teams down there and haven't played like a side that looks below this level this season. I think we can finish 10th above Hull, I think we've got more quality than them and over 38 games I'd still back us to be 10th.

Do you need a tissue?

And Rafael had 0 fouls in the whole game so I'm not even sure what game you watched if you think he persistently fouled

Do you need reminding of the state of the United thread last weekend? Because United can really take a defeat, I guess there was just somewhere that the 70,000 empty seats at full time last week had to be.

I personally just want a fair game, refereed fairly, and the booking of Angel Rangel and the failing to book Patrice Evra showed complete inconsistency of the refereeing performance.

Rafael got away with several fouls over the course of the game.

Do you need reminding of the state of the United thread last weekend? Because United can really take a defeat' date=' I guess there was just somewhere that the 70,000 empty seats at full time last week had to be.

I personally just want a fair game, refereed fairly, and the booking of Angel Rangel and the failing to book Patrice Evra showed complete inconsistency of the refereeing performance.

Rafael got away with several fouls over the course of the game.[/quote']

No he didn't. He barely made any tackles at all today and most of them were tackles that resulted in throw ins on touchline. Several indeed...:rolleyes:

Evra should have been booked, but the same goes for Amat

No he didn't. He barely made any tackles at all today and most of them were tackles that resulted in throw ins on touchline. Several indeed...:rolleyes:

Evra should have been booked' date=' but the same goes for Amat[/quote']

Amat didn't make anywhere near the six fouls Evra did, and none were as bad as Evra's first, fifth and sixth of those which all warranted bookings.

To be fair to Foy the offside decision for the first goal was the linesman's fault but on the whole I thought his consistency was very poor.