Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Signing a new contract means nothing. I thought Carroll would be staying with Newcastle when he signed a five year contract but money talks and he is playing for Liverpool about four months later.

They actually had clubs basically offering money for him, but both he and blackburn wanted him to stay. I know what you mean, i do. However, Carroll (you know, the cocaine using, bozzed up thug) strikes me as being more inclined to move for money over ambition (in his transfer, both). Jones seems to be a decent, local lad, tones and tones of potential who, I think, will be at a top four club in the next few years.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

:D

Must have missed the news that David Villa had joined on loan! Only way that you could possibly score 3 ;)

Dont worry they have another plan, Bowyer and ferguson will injure their midfield and it will be left to roger Johnson too hoof the ball up to Zigic while Jerome runs around in circles like a headless chicken.

And that's from a club insider so make of it what you will :D.

Fat chance. As we saw at St Andrews last month' date=' Brum have no players who can hurt Arsenal (in terms of football anyway, not hacking). I say 4-0 Arsenal.[/quote']

It's hardly that simple, your defenders could struggle with Zigic's height. They've already taken a point off Man U, and while you're definitely favourites I wouldn't be surprised if Brum spring an upset. Just because you beat them once doesn't mean you will comfortably beat them this time.

It's hardly that simple' date=' your defenders could struggle with Zigic's height. They've already taken a point off Man U, and while you're definitely favourites I wouldn't be surprised if Brum spring an upset. Just because you beat them once doesn't mean you will comfortably beat them this time.[/quote']

Zigic is useless, DJ ourou will deal with him. Birmingham are a poor side, we'll win and most probably at a canter.

Don't know why everyone is so sure that Arsenal are going to win. The defence isn't spotless' date=' David Bentley will be a threat whilst Nicola Zigic is going to be a thread against a [b']sloppy Djourou [/b]whilst Koscielny isn't always consistant. B)

Djourou's been fantastic this season. Try actually watching him.

Why' date=' because you beat Barca?

And they call me overly confident :rolleyes:[/quote']

Nah just overly biased ;)

I dont see why Arsenal fans are so confident about this.. Birmingham are exactly the team i wouldnt want to play if i was an Arsenal fan going into a final. Physically big team, strong in the air and of set pieces, there not gonna sit back and let you pass the ball around them, theyl be in your face bullying you and making sure you know their there..

Wouldnt shock me to see them win it tbh, especially with Fabbers not involved to get a hold of the midfeild.

Do they? How interesting.

No' date=' we'll win because Brum are a poor side and we ain't, simples.[/quote']

I was saying that people call me overly confident, and then comparing it to what you have to say about the Arsenal vs Birmingham game, suggesting that you should be the one who is called overly confident. Thought you might need that explaining. :rolleyes:

Oh yeh, it's that simple. Didn't you lose to Ipswich?

I was saying that people call me overly confident' date=' and then comparing it to what you have to say about the Arsenal vs Birmingham game, suggesting that you should be the one who is called overly confident. Thought you might need that explaining. :rolleyes:

Oh yeh, it's that simple. Didn't you lose to Ipswich?[/quote']

To be honest dude, i don't give a toss.

Difference between the Ipswich game and the game on Sunday is that we'll have a far better team starting against Birmingham. The starting XI was pretty poor.

To be honest dude' date=' i don't give a toss.

Difference between the Ipswich game and the game on Sunday is that we'll have a far better team starting against Birmingham. The starting XI was pretty poor.[/quote']

Noticed that once again you're fighting a wave of people who disagree with you ;)

For your sake I hope Arsenal lose on Sunday and then get ripped by Barca at the Nou Camp :)

Djourou's been fantastic this season. Try actually watching him.

This. Also Arsenal haven't lost a Premiership game Djourou has started since November 2008. All 4 of Newcastle's goals against Arsenal came after Djourou left the field of play. Also Djourou when partnered with Koscielny barely concede any goals.

But on topic, infernito i think you are being arrogant about Arsenal's chances. Without Walcott and Fabregas it will be a much tighter game than you are making out. Zigic will be a massive problem i feel and Bentley will play out of his skin as always. I actually have a bad feeling regarding Arsenal's chances in the game feeling nerves could get the better of them. The whole world is hoping we lose, pundits, commentators e.t.c. just so they can say, "we told you so", "6 years and counting" bla bla, so the pressure really is massive.

Then again if Arsenal play to their ability like they did at St. Andrews there is no reason they cannot win. Performances from Nasri, Van Persie and Arshavin are vital. Also need Djourou to nullify the threat of Zigic as Birmingham will be looking to play it long. If Arsenal keep on ball on the floor then Birmingham will be under a lot of pressure.