Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Do you get that if he goes on a 'free' and compensation is given?

No idea TBH just know we had that clause in when we sold him. No idea if it applies to a compensation event.

I think he is just biding his time see what he gets offered in the summer, if he goes abroad it would be 35% of pittance anyway if we got it.

The words King and N'Gog should never ever be used in a sentence.

Swansea are buying piles of absolute averageness at best lately' date=' all there recent signings for me have been borderline awful bar Bony who after a very poor start IMO has started to get his act together.[/quote']

Alejandro Pozuelo for £450k is fantastic business, as is signing Jose Canas on a free and Jordi Amat for £2 million. Jonjo Shelvey has done very well for us for £6 million, Jonathan De Guzman has been good business on loan and Tom Ince on loan would be a good signing as well.

Pozuelo does have end product in the sense of a killer final ball, 9 assists already this season. Jonjo Shelvey has been arguably our best player this season, he's settled in to our style of play really well and given his age is somebody who I think we are very fortunate to have. Canas has settled in straight away, suits our style of football and a great bosman. Jordi Amat has been our best defender in the last couple of months, looks uncomfortable in midfield but should soon be back in defence. De Guzman hasn't been at the same level as last season, but is a good player at this level and on loan is a good bit business.

Alvaro, Tiendalli and N'Gog have been poor signings, but on the whole we've done very well in the transfer market. We've bought young players who are only going to improve and have got good value for money in the market. We've addressed our main areas of concern, in bringing in a goalscorer and increasing the strength of depth of the side whilst also not losing any key players on a permanent basis.

I know that we'd like to be a bit more comfortable in terms of our league position, but I don't believe that we are where we are due to our signings. We are where we are due to us having 7/8 first team players injured, which any side would struggle to deal with. We've got the best run of fixtures in the bottom half, the best striker in the bottom half and should be boosted by the return of several players in the next week or two which gives me more than enough confidence that we'll recover to get a respectable league finish.

Surely N'Gog is a 'panic' buy. There have to be better players available in this window for Swansea?

He's seen as a short term option, he'll have joined for a minimal fee and we've only given him a six month contract but there were better options available. Nhaki Wells (£1.2m) and John Guidetti (loan) would have both been better signings, and are signings that I think we could have got but went to others clubs.

Stan Collymore is a hypocritical two faced douchebag....

Discuss??

Whilst I neither condone or advocate racist abuse on any social media stream Itis both vile, unnecessary and idiotic the idea that Stan COllymore keeps popping up everywhere I go on TV or Radio and trying to impart his moral wisdom and upstanding personality on everybody else is both hypocritical and makes me want to cringe. The underlying message is fine but you simply cannot have good old Stan as the face of the campaign it just Dont work.

Stan Collymore should not be moralising with anybody, some of his actions are beyond reproach.

Stan Collymore is a hypocritical two faced douchebag....

Discuss??

Whilst I neither condone or advocate racist abuse on any social media stream Itis both vile' date=' unnecessary and idiotic the idea that Stan COllymore keeps popping up everywhere I go on TV or Radio and trying to impart his moral wisdom and upstanding personality on everybody else is both hypocritical and makes me want to cringe. The underlying message is fine but you simply cannot have good old Stan as the face of the campaign it just Dont work.

Stan Collymore should not be moralising with anybody, some of his actions are beyond reproach.[/quote']

I reckon he brings it on himself, don't get me wrong the stuff that people say to him is disgusting but all these internet trolls that say it to him want is a reaction and to get attention and when he re tweets them and constantly cries about the abuse his getting it makes them do it more as they are getting the reaction and attention they set out to get. He would be much better off saving the tweets (send them to the police) and then just simply block the culprits instead of rising to it. Although it did make me laugh when he just kept writing YNWA to Liverpool fans when they were trying to give abuse as it was making them even more mad.

I don't think Collymore has much of a point, and I don't really know what he's trying to achieve. Yes, some of the abuse directed towards him has been horrible, but twitter do block users that use racist abuse and there have been cases of people being arrested for giving racist abuse on twitter. It's currently against regulations of twitter to tweet racist abuse, and he doesn't really seem to come across well enough with a solution to prevent any abuse being seen.

I reckon he brings it on himself' date=' don't get me wrong the stuff that people say to him is disgusting but all these internet trolls that say it to him want is a reaction and to get attention and when he re tweets them and constantly cries about the abuse his getting it makes them do it more as they are getting the reaction and attention they set out to get. He would be much better off saving the tweets (send them to the police) and then just simply block the culprits instead of rising to it. Although it did make me laugh when he just kept writing YNWA to Liverpool fans when they were trying to give abuse as it was making them even more mad.[/quote']

Precisely this. I don't get why he Dont take the course of action you talked about as with any Troll if you completely ignore them then eventually they will get bored and move on when they don't get the attention they so clearly crave.

But as I say I find it nigh on impossible to have any sympathy for the man given what we know he has done in life which for me is about as low as you can sink as a man (I am sure you all know what I am referring to)

His constant whining for attention and sympathy just makes me feel sick.

Compensation wouldn't be a pittance. They'd be looking at around £5m IMO (from an English club).

Aye but his agent, cough dad, is pushing for a foreign move. Thus slashing any compensation to less than 500k. Take the money now and whack in a sell on fee. Only way to get anything out of this.

I'm up in the air about Collymore.

I enjoy debating with him about certain football related issues and he does his job well by creating lots of positive debates about different subjects within the game. I get the odd favourite and retweet from him when talking about football and it's good to have a proper debate.

The racist abuse is abhorrent and cannot be tolerated and he's right to bring it up and highlight the issue. His problem lies in the fact that I'm pretty sure he genuinely likes the attention. All he has to do is report and block the tweets and users that send him abuse - Don't interact with them, don't retweet them, don't give them the attention that they so desperately crave.

Then to make matters worse, just as he seems to be on top of the issue he'll goad certain sets of fans into having a go at him and obviously among the masses, you'll get a few isolated cretins who throw racist abuse at him. He then retweets a few of them and suggests that, that clubs fans are nearly all racist - Like he did recently with Liverpool fans after the Suarez penalty against Villa.

He certainly fits into the category of 'can give it out but cannot take it'. Anyone who dares mention the Ulrika incidents or his sexual obscurities seems to get blocked and labelled as a troll, when in fact a lot of them just point out the fact that he's a bit of a hypocrite.

The under lying problem is the racist abuse though and no, that cannot be tolerated.

PSG agree a £20 Million deal for Yohan Cabaye.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25917101

Pity for the Premier League was a great player but thankfully that's one less player who always seems to have a field day against Liverpool.

He could have a field day against any team. Fantastic player. Gutted, but wish him all the best back home in France.

He could have a field day against any team. Fantastic player. Gutted' date=' but wish him all the best back home in France.[/quote']

He is a great player, think you've got a great deal though for a 28 year old. Will be interesting to see who if any you bring in. Would imagine some of the money will be used to bring Remy in permanently.

Pity for the Premier League was a great player but thankfully that's one less player who always seems to have a field day against Liverpool.

£20 million is a good price, Newcastle will miss him though, you would like to think they have a replacement lined up.

£20 million is a good price' date=' Newcastle will miss him though, you would like to think they have a replacement lined up.[/quote']

Don't be silly. This is Newcastle we're talking about. :P

So whats the plan now?? Ben Arfa starting more??

I hope so. Although, Anita is the obvious replacement.

Not too sure though. There's talk of Cabella flying in on Thursday, Grenier being looked at. I'm just expecting us to make do with what we have until the summer. :(

I'm not sure where they've got the exact figures from. All the local journalists are reporting a fee of 25m and there's been no official word from anyone yet.

He will be massively missed for us.

I'd suspect they move Sissoko into the middle and Ben Arfa back on to the right. Alternatively you move Ben Arfa into the hole behind the striker and watch him cause mayhem!

I'd suspect they move Sissoko into the middle and Ben Arfa back on to the right. Alternatively you move Ben Arfa into the hole behind the striker and watch him cause mayhem!
I suppose playing him behind the striker means you don't have to worry as much with him tracking back with full backs....

I suppose playing him behind the striker means you don't have to worry as much with him tracking back with full backs....

Exactly. He's played there before though and he seems to get a bit lost. He ends up chasing the ball instead of just floating in that hole.

Gladbach have confirmed Luuk De Jong is on his way for a medical.

I'm still skeptical about this one. It's meant to be a loan with a view to a permanent move for 8m in the summer. I'd much rather they put that 8m towards the 16m that Harry wants for Remy.