Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I watched the highlights and the first goal + the Ozil crossbar chance were both wholly Yoshida's fault.

The first goal was entirely Rodriguez's fault, Yoshida wasn't at blame at all, certainly Lovren wouldn't have made a difference there. You could lay more blame at his door for the second where he didn't come across to cover Ozil when Shaw had flown forwards, which Lovren definitely would have done. The bigger miss was Lambert, Gallagher is fairly promising but a season off being at all ready for the PL, and there's absolutely no chance Lambert doesn't put away the sitter that fell to Gallagher.

What do you have against Yoshida?

Huge win for us, relieves us of some pressure when it was mounting and is hopefully something we can build to in the next couple of games. I thought it was a deserved win, as we dominated the game and had the better chances but we did get fortunate with both goals being deflected. Shelvey and De Guzman ran the game, and it's no surprise to see us getting back to ourselves with players like that back to fitness.

I watched the highlights and the first goal + the Ozil crossbar chance were both wholly Yoshida's fault.

The highlights aren't always a true reflection of the balance of a game.

Looks like Ince is keeping his options open' date=' and will talk to other clubs including Stoke and Crystal Palace but I think he'd be silly not to choose us.

Adam King has joined from Hearts, seems like a good young player for the future.[/quote']

Hes been down Stoke today, dont think we are his first choice though and cant see him going Palace.

Hes been down Stoke today' date=' dont think we are his first choice though and cant see him going Palace.[/quote']

Yeh, I think he's going to talk to Hull as well but he wouldn't be able to join Stoke or Palace on loan as they currently have two domestic loans so I'm not really sure what sort of deal has been done there (if any).

I think he'd be making a poor move if he didn't choose us to be honest.

Huge game for Stoke tomorrow against Sunderland.

Yeh' date=' I think he's going to talk to Hull as well but he wouldn't be able to join Stoke or Palace on loan as they currently have two domestic loans so I'm not really sure what sort of deal has been done there (if any).

I think he'd be making a poor move if he didn't choose us to be honest.

Huge game for Stoke tomorrow against Sunderland.[/quote']

Think the rule's loans from the same league.

Hope Guidetti starts against Sunderland. His recent interview shows he's itching for a chance.

Well Saturday's game against Sunderland will be interesting now. We've essentially lost our two best players. Cabaye has gone and Remy is suspended.

A stupid sending off for Remy and Johnson. Ridiculous that the referee judged it was a red card. Both put their heads together and Johnson rolls away as if he's been punched. Pathetic. I think the referee realised he got it wrong and that's why he sent Johnson off as well. It's just a bit of handbags between players without Johnson's overreaction.

I'm still not sure how we didn't win that game. Ben Arfa and Sammy Ameobi were brilliant, Remy hit the bar three times and we dominated in general.

Oh well Luuk, no pressure for Saturday. A chance to be an instant hero though!

Don't think Spurs can complain too much about the penalty, and as soon as it's a penalty it's a red card.

As for the disallowed goal, it's an atrocious decision, I can't get my head round it.

Very typical that when we score a bucket load of goals at home, we concede a bucket load as well :rolleyes:

Don't think Spurs can complain too much about the penalty' date=' and as soon as it's a penalty it's a red card.

As for the disallowed goal, it's an atrocious decision, I can't get my head round it.[/quote']

I haven't seen either but the majority of pundits and players on Twitter seem to have it the other way round.

Never a penalty but fair enough on the disallowed goal.

Joey Barton for what it's worth posted a poll and 3000-200 said it wasn't a sending off for Rose.

Like i said, i haven't seen either though!

Hugely impressed by Palace and, particularly, Sunderland who are both out of the relegation zone. The latter have also got to the COC final and have just 1 loss in their last 13 in all competitions. Not bad for a manager who many saw as a risk and no significant change from Di Canio. Never thought I'd warm to Sunderland!

On the other hand, Stoke, who I had started to like, are back in my bad books. Hughes is a moron. Early goal down today but makes like for like subs and only brings on a striker in the 90th minute. In the cup against Chelsea he didn't bring one on at all. Against Palace he brought one on for just 10 minutes. Eurgh.