Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

What exactly do you expect us to do? What sort of money do you think we have? You're just showing ignorance to the way that we've run the club from from the lower divisions' date=' we were never going to risk the future of the club by spending money that we don't have.[/quote']

This in a nutshell. Laudrup has bought very well on a shoestring budget and he's turned average players into better players.

I never said he turns them into world beaters but he improves those players. I think he can do the same with Emnes.

This in a nutshell. Laudrup has bought very well on a shoestring budget and he's turned average players into better players.

I never said he turns them into world beaters but he improves those players. I think he can do the same with Emnes.

I do agree with you, I think if he can give Lamah an effective us in our side than he can do with Emnes who has a lot more technical ability. I don't think Emnes is going to be a massive player, but I think Laudrup can play him to his strengths, can give the confidence that he does need and make him help him to adapt to this standard.

I don't really know why we're discussing Swansea, as nothing major's really happened but as people know I'm always up for discussing us when I get the opportunity :P

I do agree with you' date=' I think if he can give Lamah an effective us in our side than he can do with Emnes who has a lot more technical ability. I don't think Emnes is going to be a massive player, but I think Laudrup can play him to his strengths, can give the confidence that he does need and make him help him to adapt to this standard.

I don't really know why we're discussing Swansea, as nothing major's really happened but as people know I'm always up for discussing us when I get the opportunity :P[/quote']

Emnes is absolutely pants you would need to be a magician to make him look half decent, even Dynamo couldn't help you with that.

Saying Michu is average is a bit ludicrous though, as we have discussed before I agree with Syn that a lot of what you have bought especially lately is very dull, uninspiring and basically average but to suggest Michu is average is just plain wrong....

By the way I don't want another debate on the merits of each player :) I would never expect you to agree with me but Emnes is pants he really is.

Emnes is absolutely pants you would need to be a magician to make him look half decent' date=' even Dynamo couldn't help you with that.

Saying Michu is average is a bit ludicrous though, as we have discussed before I agree with Syn that a lot of what you have bought especially lately is very dull, uninspiring and basically average but to suggest Michu is average is just plain wrong....

By the way I don't want another debate on the merits of each player :) I would never expect you to agree with me but Emnes is pants he really is.[/quote']

tVCGuGjg5Xg

I know you don't want a debate on the merits of each player, because you don't have a basis to the argument.

I don't really get when you state that players brought in lately has been "dull and unspiring", as when you compare them to the vast majority of Rodgers signings they are a lot more inspiring, a lot of them top flight football, they've tended to be younger and there are a lot more players with international recognition.

2011/12: Leroy Lita (£1.8m), Federico Bessone (£0), Vangelis Moras (£0), Jose Moreira (£900k), Gerhard Tremmel (£0), Wayne Routledge (£2m), Danny Graham (£3.5m), Curtis Obeng (£0), Michel Vorm (£1.5m)

Was this more inspiring, because ultimately we can only attract players of a certain pedigree and the players we've brought in this summer have been of a greater pedigree then in my lifetime to say the least.

This includes the signing of Federico Bessone, Leeds United's 4th choice left back at the time. Inspiring? It includes one player to have played in the Premier League, Leroy Lita, an additional player two players to have played in the big 5 leagues of Europe, Vangelis Moras and Gerhard Tremmel and amongst them only Vorm and Moras had international recognition. Inspiring?

tVCGuGjg5Xg

I know you don't want a debate on the merits of each player' date=' because you don't have a basis to the argument.

I don't really get when you state that players brought in lately has been "dull and unspiring", as when you compare them to the vast majority of Rodgers signings they are a lot more inspiring, a lot of them top flight football, they've tended to be younger and there are a lot more players with international recognition.

2011/12: Leroy Lita (£1.8m), Federico Bessone (£0), Vangelis Moras (£0), Jose Moreira (£900k), Gerhard Tremmel (£0), Wayne Routledge (£2m), Danny Graham (£3.5m), Curtis Obeng (£0), Michel Vorm (£1.5m)

Was this more inspiring, because ultimately we can only attract players of a certain pedigree and the players we've brought in this summer have been of a greater pedigree then in my lifetime to say the least.

This includes the signing of Federico Bessone, Leeds United's 4th choice left back at the time. Inspiring? It includes one player to have played in the Premier League, Leroy Lita, an additional player two players to have played in the big 5 leagues of Europe, Vangelis Moras and Gerhard Tremmel and amongst them only Vorm and Moras had international recognition. Inspiring?[/quote']

Yes there is a very good basis that is there ability levels or lack of....plus comparing Rodgers signings to the point at which Laudrup started to make signings is pretty much null and void the club as to where they were at such stage of development is completely different both in terms of finances available and Swansea's position as an established PL club when Rodgers left which is very important as to what players you can attract as opposed to a newly promoted club when Rodgers was in charge.

The reason I don't want a big debate is because I don't want to waste half my evening writing in depth about a club I have no real interest or passion for, it may be very interesting to you but to me it aint.

You can write as many essays as you like but I am entitled to have my opinion and nothing you can say will change it, I have my own mind and am free to form my own opinion.

If you find your signings inspiring or very good players that's your opinion IMO most of them are the polar opposite.

Surprised Rhodes hasnt been mentioned in the transfer frenzy tbh.Very good striker IMO and has consistently performed every season for Blackburrn and Huddersfield.

I know Celtic were interested,but were qouted something like 10mil.

Oot of our price range lol:)

Yes there is a very good basis that is there ability levels or lack of....plus comparing Rodgers signings to the point at which Laudrup started to make signings is pretty much null and void the club as to where they were at such stage of development is completely different both in terms of finances available and Swansea's position as an established PL club when Rodgers left which is very important as to what players you can attract as opposed to a newly promoted club when Rodgers was in charge.

The reason I don't want a big debate is because I don't want to waste half my evening writing in depth about a club I have no real interest or passion for' date=' it may be very interesting to you but to me it aint.

You can write as many essays as you like but I am entitled to have my opinion and nothing you can say will change it, I have my own mind and am free to form my own opinion.

If you find your signings inspiring or very good players that's your opinion IMO most of them are the polar opposite.[/quote']

I don't think the argument is null and void, ultimately we are in a very similar position as a club to where we were two seasons ago. Yes, we have had more money to spend, but you earlier stated that you weren't critical of the signings because of the value for money they offered but rather their lack of inspiration, when this season they've been more inspiring then have in our recent history it does make me question your view.

You don't have to write in depth about it, but there's just no basis to certain statements such as the likes of Pozuelo and Canas being "borderline terrible". You can have your view, and your opinion but I just don't know how you've come to that sort of conclusion as that's been a long way from the case in my view.

We've both made our point so there's no real point in continuing and we'll just have to agree to completely disagree.

To think we were in for Zaha and Ince and we end up with N'gog and Marvin Emnes :o:o

Well we certainly tried our best to bring in good quality players, I think the main positive is that we've had so many players come back from injury and in a week or so we should have another couple, I'd personally prefer to bring them two in on low fee, low risk deals then bring no one in at all.

To think we were in for Zaha and Ince and we end up with N'gog and Marvin Emnes :o:o

It's shocking really. There were far better players available to loan for a team still in a European competition. You must have some sort of funds to offer decent percentages of wages to better players.

It just seems to be making signings for the sake of making signings.

Not sure why everyone is impressed with fulham's dealings tbh.

Lewis Holtby - Brilliant at Schalke, German international, huge potential. It just didn't work out at Tottenham but he'll do well at Fulham.

Kostas Mitroglou - Prolific in Greece and proven in the Champions League. He could do very well. That said, he could also flop.

But they're both pretty decent signings, especially for a club like Fulham.

Lewis Holtby - Brilliant at Schalke' date=' German international, huge potential. It just didn't work out at Tottenham but he'll do well at Fulham.

Kostas Mitroglou - Prolific in Greece and proven in the Champions League. He could do very well. That said, he could also flop.

But they're both pretty decent signings, especially for a club like Fulham.[/quote']

Exactly Mitroglou got 3 goals in 5 Champions League games, and around 17 I think in his league

Holtby will be surprising to see how he turns out, bound to make a difference I reckon

It's shocking really. There were far better players available to loan for a team still in a European competition. You must have some sort of funds to offer decent percentages of wages to better players.

It just seems to be making signings for the sake of making signings.

I ain't the only one then.....

This is a club in Europe, established PL side, won a trophy and looking to continue an upward spiral.

Signings like Zaha or Ince might excite how anyone can think signings like Emnes, N'Gog, couple of young players from Scotland leaves most fans feeling anything less than uninspired is beyond me....each to there own though.

My very last word on the subject.....I promise!!

Anyhow all about Konaplyanka now will he, won't he........not a lot else really of any note still up in the air.

Exactly Mitroglou got 3 goals in 5 Champions League games' date=' and around 17 I think in his league

Holtby will be surprising to see how he turns out, bound to make a difference I reckon[/quote']

Chamakh has a pretty good record in the UCL and Bendtner once scored a Hatrick vs Porto :o

Could turn out like Cisse! Good one season then can't find his feet the next.