Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

My issue isn't with you believing that N'gog are Emnes are uninspiring, I agree with that, it's when you've stated that the majority of our signings have been borderline terrible and uninspiring.

I don't think we really needed anyone, but I'd rather have N'gog and Emnes in reserve in an injury crisis than no one or the likes of the Alvaro. The worst case scenario is that we lose a few hundred thousand and they don't make any sort of an impact.

I ain't the only one then.....

This is a club in Europe' date=' established PL side, won a trophy and looking to continue an upward spiral.

Signings like Zaha or Ince might excite how anyone can think signings like Emnes, N'Gog, couple of young players from Scotland leaves most fans feeling anything less than uninspired is beyond me....each to there own though.

My very last word on the subject.....I promise!!

Anyhow all about Konaplyanka now will he, won't he........not a lot else really of any note still up in the air.[/quote']

I'd love to see Konaplyanka in the Premiership. I think he's an amazing player.

My issue isn't with you believing that N'gog are Emnes are uninspiring' date=' I agree with that, it's when you've stated that the majority of our signings have been borderline terrible and uninspiring.

I don't think we really needed anyone, but I'd rather have N'gog and Emnes in reserve in an injury crisis than no one or the likes of the Alvaro. The worst case scenario is that we lose a few hundred thousand and they don't make any sort of an impact.[/quote']

Seriously, I'd rather trust my clubs fortunes on a couple of 16/17 year olds than N'Gog or/and Emnes, anyday! :o

Seriously' date=' I'd rather trust my clubs fortunes on a couple of 16/17 year olds than N'Gog or/and Emnes, anyday! :o[/quote']

I think you're exaggerating there ability, they're not inspiring, they aren't better than what we've got and they're nothing special in the Championship. The Championship is roughly their level, which is a higher standard than what we'll have in our youth team.

I think you're exaggerating there ability' date=' they're not inspiring, they aren't better than what we've got and they're nothing special in the Championship. The Championship is roughly their level, which is a higher standard than what we'll have in our youth team.[/quote']

I disagree, I'd want players that will fight for the club, youth players will probably be Welsh, meaning they understand what its like to play for a Welsh club in an English league, inspiring them, somewhat. As for having nothing more than average Championship players, they will be happy enough to be at a club that flatters them and take their wages. There was method to my comments. ;)

------------------

Raging! The Konaplyanka deal seems to be off. :(

This is the worst deadline day I can remember :mad:

Fulham have made some great business in my opinion and should be fine. Palace have done some good business as well bagging ince is a massive coup for them I think very highly of him :)

Biggest losers of the day , Liverpool and I know your debating this but Swansea as there signings TODAY have been dreadful. I think both are woeful players and they are lower level championship and having said that I wouldnt want either of them at Swindon :P

Laughing stock of the window , Sorry guys but Newcastle takes this hands down. Ive been told they didnt sign anyone just so joe dosent have a another name he cant pronounce :)

I disagree' date=' I'd want players that will fight for the club, youth players will probably be Welsh, meaning they understand what its like to play for a Welsh club in an English league, inspiring them, somewhat. As for having nothing more than average Championship players, they will be happy enough to be at a club that flatters them and take their wages. There was method to my comments. ;)

------------------

Raging! The Konaplyanka deal seems to be off. :([/quote']

Emnes and N'Gog have plenty to prove, they've got plenty of people to prove wrong and they've got to prove they deserve to play at this level. Both players are fighting for a long term contract with us, as both players will be signed in the summer should they do well but let go if they fail to make an impact.

Dom, the main benefit to our window is that we've not lost anyone, despite two bids for Neil Taylor. We did better than clubs who lost players and didn't replace them, such as Tottenham and Southampton.

Laughing stock of the window ' date=' Sorry guys but Newcastle takes this hands down. Ive been told they didnt sign anyone just so joe dosent have a another name he cant pronounce :)[/quote']

No offense taken. We've had an awful window.

That said, i wouldn't say we've had the worst. At least we brought in De Jong with an option to buy. We also didn't make any stupid last minute decision to sell Cisse (we're low on strikers as it is).

Our season is essentially over. Arsenal are challenging for the title and have completely failed to strengthen. Their season will be over by the end of February with their run-in.

This is the worst deadline day I can remember :mad:

Fulham have made some great business in my opinion and should be fine. Palace have done some good business as well bagging ince is a massive coup for them I think very highly of him :)

Biggest losers of the day ' date=' Liverpool and I know your debating this but Swansea as there signings TODAY have been dreadful. I think both are woeful players and they are lower level championship and having said that I wouldnt want either of them at Swindon :P

Laughing stock of the window , Sorry guys but Newcastle takes this hands down. Ive been told they didnt sign anyone just so joe dosent have a another name he cant pronounce :)[/quote']

We're always the laughing stock. ;) We did sign Luuk De Jong the other day though. Same day as Cabaye was sold. We weren't the only club to do nothing today though, if that's what you mean.

No offense taken. We've had an awful window.

That said' date=' i wouldn't say we've had the worst. At least we brought in De Jong with an option to buy. We also didn't make any stupid last minute decision to sell Cisse (we're low on strikers as it is).

Our season is essentially over. Arsenal are challenging for the title and have completely failed to strengthen. Their season will be over by the end of February with their run-in.[/quote']

To be honest I dont think I said or tryed to say that you have had the worst window. But I will say it now I believe Newcastle have had the worst window.

While you and Arsenal have made 1 loan signing each that could probably wont benefit both squads. But I say you guys purely that you have sold your star man and not been able to replace him or didnt bother to much to replace him so the only team to make there squad weaker in my opinion. And again without meaning to offend I find Joe's/or whoever to blame is incompetence quite staggering. You guys knew that Cabaye would leave around 6 months ago and you pretty much had no plan apart from a cheapish bid for Grenier? Who exactly runs the show in terms of transfers? Pardew? , Joe , Fatty with the sports coat? or your groundsman? I dont actually know :P

We're always the laughing stock. ;) We did sign Luuk De Jong the other day though. Same day as Cabaye was sold. We weren't the only club to do nothing today though' date=' if that's what you mean.[/quote']

I was a bit surprised that Newcastle didnt try and get a PSG player in a part-ex deal. Jeremy Menez is in need of first team football, and surely the signing of Cabaye will cut down on Matuidi, Pastore or Rabiot's play-time. Even if it was a loan, it would at least mean that as far as personnel is concerned, the squad is at break-even, rather than a man down.

I was a bit surprised that Newcastle didnt try and get a PSG player in a part-ex deal. Jeremy Menez is in need of first team football' date=' and surely the signing of Cabaye will cut down on Matuidi, Pastore or Rabiot's play-time. Even if it was a loan, it would at least mean that as far as personnel is concerned, the squad is at break-even, rather than a man down.[/quote']

We were linked to Menez before he joined PSG and again last summer. I was excited both times it was mentioned and would've been happy with him as a replacement now. We're just used to this by now so its not too much of a shock for us Toon fans. :)

We were linked to Menez before he joined PSG and again last summer. I was excited both times it was mentioned and would've been happy with him as a replacement now. We're just used to this by now so its not too much of a shock for us Toon fans. :)

Reading a bit into the players, Matuidi has 6 months left on his contract. Granted most of the reason behind him not extending his contract is down to a dispute regarding his agent, but when the opportunity comes about to sign a good player like Matuidi for free, it seems unbelievable that not even an enquiry seemed to be made.

Been in work all day' date=' was expecting to finish, get home and see 1 or 2 players had signed for Everton but no, we didn't get anyone. Disappointed.[/quote']

Johnny Heitinga gone, Distin and Jagielka the only fit CBs if Stones plays RB in the absence of Coleman, I was personally expecting at least some incomings, especially given the money for Fellaini and Jelavic. I knew Everton had their money troubles but surely not that bad.

Johnny Heitinga gone' date=' Distin and Jagielka the only fit CBs if Stones plays RB in the absence of Coleman, I was personally expecting at least some incomings, especially given the money for Fellaini and Jelavic. I knew Everton had their money troubles but surely not that bad.[/quote']

Distin isn't fit. Our defence tomorrow will probably be:

Hibbert Jagielka Stones Baines

Could have done with Heitinga really but we will save a few bob on him as he was on around £60k a week. It has been stated that we have money to spend but Martinez wants to wait until the summer as he believes you get better value.

To be honest I dont think I said or tryed to say that you have had the worst window. But I will say it now I believe Newcastle have had the worst window.

While you and Arsenal have made 1 loan signing each that could probably wont benefit both squads. But I say you guys purely that you have sold your star man and not been able to replace him or didnt bother to much to replace him so the only team to make there squad weaker in my opinion. And again without meaning to offend I find Joe's/or whoever to blame is incompetence quite staggering. You guys knew that Cabaye would leave around 6 months ago and you pretty much had no plan apart from a cheapish bid for Grenier? Who exactly runs the show in terms of transfers? Pardew? ' date=' Joe , Fatty with the sports coat? or your groundsman? I dont actually know :P[/quote']

Oh, it's absolutely criminal knowing that he was leaving for six months and they did nothing.

That said, we still got 20-25m for a 28 year old. Our midfield is still strong. We still have Tiote, Sissoko, Ben Arfa and Anita who is massively underrated and will probably benefit most from Cabaye's departure. We still managed to bring in Luuk De Jong - Yes it's a loan but includes an 8m option to buy at the end of the season - It's essentially a signing IF he proves good enough.

Like i said though, barring the derby tomorrow, our season is already pretty much over. We're fighting for top 7 or 8 and that's it.

Arsenal have had the worst window i believe. They HAD to sign a striker this window, even if it was just a back-up to Giroud or an improvement on Bendtner. Their run-in is horrendous and Man City are threatening to run away with the league the way they're playing. Arsenal had to use this window to strengthen and they haven't.

I was a bit surprised that Newcastle didnt try and get a PSG player in a part-ex deal. Jeremy Menez is in need of first team football' date=' and surely the signing of Cabaye will cut down on Matuidi, Pastore or Rabiot's play-time. Even if it was a loan, it would at least mean that as far as personnel is concerned, the squad is at break-even, rather than a man down.[/quote']

This.

Still..you bought somebody :P.You could be Liverpool..

I would rather buy nobody than buy somebody just for the sake of it that won't improve the team.

instead we will keep with the same squad that has played wonderfully and over achieved all season......hardly the end of the world.