Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

All the Sam Allardyce hatred is disgusting.

We can all say the same for Nolan, he was getting a lot of stick to, the Chelsea game has given us a lot of momentem, that we are now carrying, Allardyce isn't bad, I never hated him, but I understand people frustation, especially after the Forrest and the City game. He's managed to pick himself up to be fair and he's doing well, hoping he can continue this form

Some snippets from Dejan Lovren taking control of the matchday tweets on the Saints twitter:

@SouthamptonFC 42m

I heard that Jack Cork never scored?? I scored two in 7 months :) sorry plus 0.5 at Old Trafford :) come on Jack #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 45m

Clyney is like a Ferrari #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 1h

Now is better to be in the press box than on the pitch haha raining #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 1h

Peter Crouch is so tall omg #LovrenLive

That is some top Social Media coverage.

Some snippets from Dejan Lovren taking control of the matchday tweets on the Saints twitter:

@SouthamptonFC 42m

I heard that Jack Cork never scored?? I scored two in 7 months :) sorry plus 0.5 at Old Trafford :) come on Jack #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 45m

@SouthamptonFC 1h

@SouthamptonFC 1h

LovrenLive is not meant to be a pun for LovingLife is it ? :o

@SouthamptonFC 42m

@SouthamptonFC 45m

@SouthamptonFC 1h

@SouthamptonFC 1h

:D.................

I'd say it's worth sticking fiver on Palace finishing in the top half. Hahaha.. I got toy say' date=' well done Pulis, well done buddy.[/quote']

Top manager and deserves the success. Brought some wonderful signings in that I would have been pleased to have at Stoke, so fairplay to him once again. 16 from 21 points ain't half bad. No way Palace are going down.

Shotton' date=' Wilkinson, Huth, Whelan, Palacios, N'Zonzi, Etherington, Walters and Crouch all fit Pulis' mantra of winning the ball by being tough and then lumping it up to a big, strong striker. I'm not saying that all of those players would be useless for Hughes, but they don't really suit a more passing, possession based game.[/quote']

I would keep the starting defence as it is and keep Huth. I would get rid of Shotton, Wilkinson, Palacios and Etherington, probably Whelan and Walters too, dont know if he will get rid of Crouch or Nzonzi, he plays them both regularly so whether he will sell them as time goes on we will after see, would of thought Walters would be dropped when Pulis went but seems Hughes likes him aswell.

I'd say it's worth sticking fiver on Palace finishing in the top half. Hahaha.. I got toy say' date=' well done Pulis, well done buddy.[/quote']

Toy? I would say its a waste of a fiver, there home form is really good since hes been there but the away form isnt good enough, only scored 5 on the road all season.

That was a boring half of football.

Swansea having most of the ball but all in areas where you can't hurt the opposition, actually think Cardiff have looked more likely to score although it is a game devoid of incident.

For a supposedly fierce local derby this has been so tame :o

Swansea having most of the ball but all in areas where you can't hurt the opposition' date=' actually think Cardiff have looked more likely to score although it is a game devoid of incident.

For a supposedly fierce local derby this has been so tame :o[/quote']

Both managers seem to be more bothered about not losing than winning, that's the problem! :o

Both managers seem to be more bothered about not losing than winning' date=' that's the problem! :o[/quote']

I actually think I may have got closer to Bony in that half from London than half the Swansea side.

They are the home side they should be forcing the initiative but like you say very very tentative stuff, was really looking forward to the game but in all honesty been pretty awful so far.

I would keep the starting defence as it is and keep Huth. I would get rid of Shotton' date=' Wilkinson, Palacios and Etherington, probably Whelan and Walters too, dont know if he will get rid of Crouch or Nzonzi, he plays them both regularly so whether he will sell them as time goes on we will after see, would of thought Walters would be dropped when Pulis went but seems Hughes likes him aswell.[/quote']

I don't think Hughes likes any of those players, but he's forced to play them because that's the squad he had and he's not been given much money to invest, considering he's expected to completely change Stoke's style.

Swansea having most of the ball but all in areas where you can't hurt the opposition' date=' actually think Cardiff have looked more likely to score although it is a game devoid of incident.

For a supposedly fierce local derby this has been so tame :o[/quote']

Couple of decent balls into dangerous areas yet our attacking players are petrified of making runs into the 6 yards box.

Then you have Britton and De Guzman who contribute absolutely nothing to any attacks.

I don't think Hughes likes any of those players' date=' but he's forced to play them because that's the squad he had and he's not been given much money to invest, considering he's expected to completely change Stoke's style.[/quote']

Possibly but he has got Guidetti who you would think would be more of his kind of forward but hes not started once over Crouch yet.

Monk got the subs absolutely correct.

De Guzman and Emnes were the worst 2 players on the pitch and the remarkable improvement in the 2nd half wasn't a coincidence.

Nothing better than beating the scum and their medieval style football.

Was a much better second half and you deserved the win based on that. The first half was as bad a half of football as I have seen this season.

much improved though and you are right he got the subs just right no better start than beating Cardiff if he is auditioning for a permanent role.

Swansea hammered their local rivals Cardiff City' date=' score 3-0.

Absolutely deserved victory for Swansea, what a performance.

[/center']

2nd half performance* is surely what you mean? I literally fell asleep three times during the 1st half!

Chelsea top of the league with Hazard hattrick, Arsenal getting ruined (at the expense if a Liverpool win so not all rosey), City drawing, Palace & Hull winning - I am gonna enjoy match of the day tonight :)

No' date=' I know he was moaning a couple of weeks back after the Chelsea game.[/quote']

Yeah. Said with a few minutes to go and needing a goal, why wasn't he put on? To be fair, I sympathise with him - he's gone on loan to play football - but I can understand how Hughes may have seen those comments and dropped him down the pecking order.

Yeah. Said with a few minutes to go and needing a goal' date=' why wasn't he put on? To be fair, I sympathise with him - he's gone on loan to play football - but I can understand how Hughes may have seen those comments and dropped him down the pecking order.[/quote']

Yeah think he said how Muniesa was brought on and he wasnt and he hasnt really been dropped down the pecking order, hes just remained on the bench if anything.

Yeah think he said how Muniesa was brought on and he wasnt and he hasnt really been dropped down the pecking order' date=' hes just remained on the bench if anything.[/quote']

Yeah, I think Hughes is trying to punish him for speaking out, which is pretty silly IMO. I think most people would have thought he should stick an extra striker on and go for an equaliser.

Massive win, amazing result.

Moving forward beyond the derby, whilst the play was pretty tame in the first half I was really encouraged by the defensive organisation and the wingers getting on the touch lines rather than cutting inside. The defence looked like a completely different one to the team next week, which is really encouraging.