Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Massive win' date=' amazing result.

Moving forward beyond the derby, whilst the play was pretty tame in the first half I was really encouraged by the defensive organisation and the wingers getting on the touch lines rather than cutting inside. The defence looked like a completely different one to the team next week, which is really encouraging.[/quote']

People may laugh but I think Dyer is going to play a big part from now. I thought he was absolutely outstanding before his injury and I think hes come on leaps and bounds. I think you have missed his pace and creativity for sure.

And I think this result will help prove they made the right move sacking Laudrup. Which is a move I back and to be honest he should have went sooner :)

People may laugh but I think Dyer is going to play a big part from now. I thought he was absolutely outstanding before his injury and I think hes come on leaps and bounds. I think you have missed his pace and creativity for sure.

And I think this result will help prove they made the right move sacking Laudrup. Which is a move I back and to be honest he should have went sooner :)

I don't think anyone would laugh, he wasn't suited to Laudrup's system and has never really excelled consistently as an inside forward, he's been at his best when he's been hugging the touchline and will definitely benefit from the change. He was excellent today, and I think he'll be a big player from now until the end of the season for us.

I don't think there's any doubt whether it was the right move to sack Laudrup, he had to go, he was completely disinterested. What will be proven from now until the end of the season was whether Garry Monk was the right man to take over, and he's done nothing but impress since he's come in and made me very confident that not only will he do well for the rest of the season but that he is the natural long term replacement to Laudrup.

The current bottom three of West Brom, Cardiff and Fulham are all going down for me. Can't see them getting much from now till the end of the season, they all seem to lack real quality.

West Brom's problems lie up top. Cardiff's problems lie within the issues going on at the club behind the scenes and I just don't see them beating the drop to be quite frank. Fulham's problems lie in their defence, Mitroglou may be a good signing but he isn't what they need in my eyes.

Who does everyone else think will go down and why?

Some snippets from Dejan Lovren taking control of the matchday tweets on the Saints twitter:

@SouthamptonFC 42m

I heard that Jack Cork never scored?? I scored two in 7 months :) sorry plus 0.5 at Old Trafford :) come on Jack #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 45m

Clyney is like a Ferrari #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 1h

Now is better to be in the press box than on the pitch haha raining #LovrenLive

@SouthamptonFC 1h

Peter Crouch is so tall omg #LovrenLive

That is some top Social Media coverage.

Yes, particularly when he says that Peter Crouch is very tall.

I never noticed that. :P

The current bottom three of West Brom' date=' Cardiff and Fulham are all going down for me. Can't see them getting much from now till the end of the season, they all seem to lack real quality.

West Brom's problems lie up top. Cardiff's problems lie within the issues going on at the club behind the scenes and I just don't see them beating the drop to be quite frank. Fulham's problems lie in their defence, Mitroglou may be a good signing but he isn't what they need in my eyes.

Who does everyone else think will go down and why?[/quote']

I think it'll be Cardiff, Fulham and one other, and as it stands I think that team will be Norwich.

Fulham need their new signings to make a huge impact, they'll be cut adrift more than likely after 28 games looking at their fixtures and I can't see them making up the ground based on recent performances.

Two huge games for Cardiff coming up, Villa and Hull at home which they need to get points from, if they're unable to then I can see them getting cut adrift. They're new signings aren't better than what they've got, Fabio Da Silva was subbed off for Kevin McNaughton yesterday due to his performance, Fabio isn't better than what they've got. Zaha and K. Jones were ineffective, and the Norweigen's can't get in their team. I don't think they've got the quality to stay up, and I don't think Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be able to keep them up.

It was a good point for Norwich yesterday, but I can't see them getting the goals to stay up. Given their fixtures they need to get their points after 34 games, with four goals in their last eight games against Premier League opposition I don't think they'll win enough games to stay up.

Fully expect Manchester City to get back to their winning ways in the next few weeks, with 5 home games they'll probably score 20 goals or more. Although they could be without Yaya Toure for 3 games if the FA pick him up for that kick on van Wolfswinkel - no Aggy bom bom until the end of the month, but Garcia, Fernandinho and Nasri should return in the next week. Or at least before the Barcelona game.

A big big period for City will be the end of March, when they face Manchester United (away) Arsenal (away) Southampton (home) and Liverpool (away) in a row. With the possibility of Champions League Quarter Final First Leg being in amongst the Southampton and Liverpool games.

Spurs looking a distant second best vs Everton!

Not kidding.

I fancied Everton before the game started and the only worry from there point of view is they have been so dominant it would be Sod's law for Tottenham to take the lead.

Tottenham have been second best to every decent side they have played this season, if Everton don't win this game they will be kicking themselves.

Lets hope they are kicking themselves :)

I've got a lot of admiration for Tim Sherwood. There was obviously a lack of harmony in the squad, and he's done really well to get them working collectively. They didn't play their best today, but it's clear to see they're working as a unit rather than individuals. And they instantly look a better side when Vertonghen is playing, the guy is a machine.

I'm lost' date=' why would he choose a team like that? It's like he's resigned in defeat? :confused:[/quote']

Not necessarily.

Obviously Rene knows a lot about Uniteds squad, so I'm sure he has sensible reasoning behind that selection. When I look at the starting lineup, I see industrious players that will work very hard, making themselves difficult to break down. There is also youth in there, so they'll be keen to make an impression on the big stage.

Here's what I think Fulhams game plan will go like. Kvist, Sidwell and Tunnicliffe will sit allowing the attacking trio of Tankovic, Holtby and Richardson to get at Uniteds fragile back line. A 4-5-1 without the ball with a transition to 4-3-3 when they have the ball. They'll look to snatch a 1-0 win.

Fantastic goal by Adebayor today. Makes AVB look like even more of a plank when you see his stats this season since Sherwood started playing him.

I've had a terrible weekend due to sporting results so I'd very much appreciate Fulham winning here to pick me up ever so slightly. A bit of a risk playing some inexperienced players at Old Trafford but hopefully it works.