Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

David Moyes is sucking the life out of Man. United, dull, boring, ineffective football. He will not come good in time, he hasn't shown any signs of progression and ultimately his game plan of crossing the ball hoping for the best will not get United anywhere.

I'm looking forward to his post match interview, a point's not the end of the world for the bottom half even if it is a real bonus point.

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I fancy Newcastle for 8th :o

I think we could, there's no reason why not.

We've had a few awful games but things will settle down once we get Remy back in the fold and we can score some goals again.

We're still missing Cabaye hugely, and no one has stepped up to replace him yet. Once we get injured players back, i'd like to see our line-up as:

--------------------Krul--------------------

Debuchy-----Colo--------MYM---------Santon

-------------------Tiote--------------------

------------Sissoko------Anita--------------

Ben Arfa-----------------------------Gouffran

-------------------Remy--------------------

That said, De Jong is the perfect foil for someone quick like Remy or even Cisse.

Yanga-Mbiwa has been awful, but the lad clearly has some talent. We saw it in France and we saw it in the Champions League. Coloccini was even worse when he first came to us, then a season in the Championship and he was fantastic when we came back up. Players - Especially defenders seem to need a lot longer to settle and unless we're going to play him we may as well get rid of him. Our season is over now as it is, so there'll never be a better time to get him some games.

Cisse needs games and unless we're prepared to play him, i don't understand why we didn't just take the 8m in January from Trabzonspor. He's a confidence player and you cannot get confidence sitting on the bench.

Ben Arfa is another one - He's got all the talent in the world but when he's played out of position or he's in-and-out of the team he's never going to settle. His attitude has always been a sticking point, ever since he was at Lyon - Benzema went one way, and he went the other. Play him on the right wing for a solid 5 or 6 games, left him cut in on his left foot and see what he can do. If he doesn't perform, sell him in the summer.

Anita has ability and is a great passer of the ball in the middle of the park, and can hold possession. He hasn't got the bite that Cabaye had though and will need someone alongside him who can win a ball back like Tiote or Sissoko. Sissoko for some reason just looks soft at the minute, he's a beast physically - We've seen it a few times especially against opposition full-backs but he doesn't look interested at the minute and just gets brushed off the ball so easily.

Tiote is going to be key is we're to finish top half. When we gave him the captains armband it seemed to give him a new lease of life, he was all over the place, winning balls, tackling attackers, setting up attacks - He really does look a lot more solid and his yellow cards have also decreased recently too. It's like the captaincy gave him a bit more responsibility and he took it seriously.

Without question we need to sign a central midfielder in the summer to replace Cabaye though. Even if we sign a No.10 like Grenier who can play further forward like Cabaye was for the last few games he played for us, and we can change system slightly and have Sissoko and Tiote behind a No.10.

I didn't plan on writing this much... :o