Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Its going to be till the last day I reckon' date=' it could be 3 teams to the last or two. 16 to 29 march will be an important period to the title race for sure.[/quote']

If Liverpool beat Fulham tomorrow they'll only be four points behind with Chelsea and City to come to Anfield.

Could be four teams going for it. Either way it's great from a neutral POV.

If Liverpool beat Fulham tomorrow they'll only be four points behind with Chelsea and City to come to Anfield.

Could be four teams going for it. Either way it's great from a neutral POV.

5 points if Arsenal beat United. Liverpool are definitely in it though, which is the point you were making :P Very favourable fixtures too and no CL to worry about either. Just need to keep Sturridge or Suarez fit.

If i'd want anyone to win it' date=' it would be Liverpool. Gerrard definitely deserves it. And would make Arsenals measly bid of £40,000,001 look even more stupid :P[/quote']

Same, if City don't win it of course. Been the most entertaining alongside us and would also greatly irritate United fans. I said it on their thread at the weekend, but I really like what Rodgers has got going on at Anfield. Only worry is that their depth sometimes isn't of a good standard at all.

Think Chris Hughton could well be in line for the sack after today, Norwich's team has plenty of attacking flair but it's not being used at all effectively by his negative tactics, line ups and substitutions.

They've scored more than one goal in the league three times this season, and I just don't think under his tactics they'll get the goals needed to stay up and win games.

Given their last few fixtures, the next eight games are vital for them and the sooner Hughton's gone the better chance they have of survival.

Thing is Liverpool COULD win the league' date=' with a bit of luck. But we won't. We won't even beat Fulham tomorrow.[/quote']

Chelsea didn't even beat West Brom today. City didn't even beat Norwich at the weekend. Arsenal got spanked by you lot at the weekend. That's partly why it's so interesting - everyone's slipping up.

Not liking my relegation multi of Hull' date=' palace and Sunderland atm, Hull especially ruining it for me. Its still close enough though but i cant see Fulham getting out of there.[/quote']

I'd be surprised if a single one of those comes in.

Palace were my only tip out of them lot and that was Holloway's Palace who couldn't defend to save their lives.

Not liking my relegation multi of Hull' date=' palace and Sunderland atm, Hull especially ruining it for me. Its still close enough though but i cant see Fulham getting out of there.[/quote']

I reckon Fulham will get out, Mitroglou's a very good forward who scores a lot of goals and with Holtby behind him I can see that being enough to keep them up.

I reckon Fulham will get out' date=' Mitroglou's a very good forward who scores a lot of goals and with Holtby behind him I can see that being enough to keep them up.[/quote']

I don't think they have the manager for it. Mitroglou was a clinical forward (in Greece for a top of the table club) but can he replicate his form to a dogfight in the PL? After all, we've seen players like Shevchenko, Forlan, Mutu all turn into flops in the PL.

Fulham are down for me.

I don't think they have the manager for it. Mitroglou was a clinical forward (in Greece for a top of the table club) but can he replicate his form to a dogfight in the PL? After all' date=' we've seen players like Shevchenko, Forlan, Mutu all turn into flops in the PL.

Fulham are down for me.[/quote']

By the same token, we've seen plenty of players who played in much weaker leagues and have gone onto excel in the PL like Suarez, Benteke and Van Nisterooy. He'll be crucial for them though, if he clicks with Holtby I reckon they'll stay up.

and Cardiff or West Brom. One of the two. I fell West Brom have good fight in them though but that's the only think that would save them.

After last night, i really didn't see us staying up, however we showed great spirit and it seems Pepe has realised to stay up were going to have to start being more attack minded, i think Thievy Bifouma will be a great signing, he is what we was lacking, frightens the life out of defenders with his pace. Our next game is at home to Fulham, huge game, confident we will get 3 points.

Pitch inspection passed at the Britannia' date=' but it looks like the game will still be affected by heavy wind.

Ultimate test for us tonight, can we do it on a wet, windy, Wednesday night in Stoke?[/quote']

Urgh not sure what to think.

The playing conditions are literally Stoke in weather form so they fit perfectly together and definitely give them the advantage.

On the other hand postponing it would cripple us with fixture congestion.

Urgh not sure what to think.

The playing conditions are literally Stoke in weather form so they fit perfectly together and definitely give them the advantage.

On the other hand postponing it would cripple us with fixture congestion.

Looking at the scenes on SSN, I don't really think you can play football in those conditions. I'd much rather play Stoke in neutral weather conditions.

It wouldn't be ideal, but with Man. City also called off I assume they'll put the game in a non European football week and it'd be a three game week at another time in the season as opposed to now. Worst case scenario is for the game to be postponed during the match.

Looking at the scenes on SSN' date=' I don't really think you can play football in those conditions. I'd much rather play Stoke in neutral weather conditions.

It wouldn't be ideal, but with Man. City also called off I assume they'll put the game in a non European football week and it'd be a three game week at another time in the season as opposed to now. Worst case scenario is for the game to be postponed during the match.[/quote']

My good ol' nan just said there's gale force winds down in Stoke and apparently the roof has blown off Crewe Train Station, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was called off. I hope not though, we need the points and I'm feeling pretty confident.