Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Very pleased with the start we made to the game, but disappointing since considering the start we made :P I don't like that United are still in the game after we could have killed them off in the first 10 minutes. They may be awful but they've threatened us on occasion. Nothing too worrying for Hart though, who's been very good.

United lucky to still have 11 on the pitch too with Welbeck's late challenge and Fellaini's elbow. Poor Zabaleta.

Anyone think Everton could beat Arsenal to Top 4? Arsenal have to go to Goodison in a couple if weeks and bar the City game near the end Everton have a quite favourable fixture list. If Everton win their game in hand they have a 5 point gap to make up and get to play them at home.

6 points behind now and Everton have a game in hand and play Arsenal at Goodison.

Awful refereeing at the Emirates, with by my calculations still thirty seconds to play a great through ball is play by Pablo to De Guzman who's running through on goal. The referee thinks that this no advantage, and feels it's appropriate to blow his whistle denying us a great opportunity to win the game.

I didn't think we played particularly well, we played an awful lot better away to Everton but importantly we defended very well (bar a one minute period which cost us) and got that bit of fortune late on. Getting robbed of the chance to win it is infuriating though.

Awful refereeing at the Emirates' date=' with by my calculations still thirty seconds to play a great through ball is play by Pablo to De Guzman who's running through on goal. The referee thinks that this no advantage, and feels it's appropriate to blow his whistle denying us a great opportunity to win the game.

I didn't think we played particularly well, we played an awful lot better away to Everton but importantly we defended very well (bar a one minute period which cost us) and got that bit of fortune late on. Getting robbed of the chance to win it is infuriating though.[/quote']

Indeed a clear penalty denied.

I can see Swansea replacing Monk come the summer. He really hasnt stepped up but as hes a swan i think they will stay with him. This result is good for him but he needs to win more than what he is . For swansea standards their run is horrible an relegation form.

For the first time i saw United fight against a top side but stoll lost bu a big scoreline. Lucky to have 11 men and i cant even see them finishing 5th anymore. City deserve credit but this is the secobd time united been out played 3-0 at home in 2 weeks.

Everton might get UCL , il give them a 20% chance

Well we've generally done very well under Monk, bar two second half collapses at home to Crystal Palace and West Brom.

He's done very well against the likes of Cardiff, Napoli (both home and away), Stoke and Everton but we've not taken the array of chances that we've created and have been poor defensively. Really we should have got a lot more points out of games just by taking our chances, and Monk can't be blamed for that, he's got us creating a lot more chances and playing good football.

However, defensively whilst we've done well in certain games, including today we've generally been poor and it's been costly for our points tally. If we can get our defence together, like we did today for the rest of the season we'll be fine.

We'll think about whether he'll be manager of the club or not come the end of the season, the pure focus now is on staying up and we can't really look past this season. He has shown a lot of promise though, and I think he'll offer a lot more us as a coach in some form than he will do as a player.

That's brilliant from Barkley! Wish we'd play some of the young players who have made big statements this season in Rio. How much more interesting does a midfield/forward line like this look than the usual?

Gerrard - Henderson

Sterling - Barkley - Lallana

Sturridge

And I know people will ask where Rooney is, but his last good series of England performances was in 2004.

That's brilliant from Barkley! Wish we'd play some of the young players who have made big statements this season in Rio. How much more interesting does a midfield/forward line like this look than the usual?

Gerrard - Henderson

Sterling - Barkley - Lallana

Sturridge

And I know people will ask where Rooney is' date=' but his last good series of England performances was in 2004.[/quote']

That line up will never happen.....at best and even that is being optimistic four of them will start at the World Cup.

In Fact Gerrard is the Only guaranteed starter out the lot of em along with probably Sturridge (although knowing Roy he will be parked out on the left miles away from where he actually has all his strengths-through the middle)

That line up will never happen.....at best and even that is being optimistic four of them will start at the World Cup.

In Fact Gerrard is the Only guaranteed starter out the lot of em along with probably Sturridge (although knowing Roy he will be parked out on the left miles away from where he actually has all his strengths-through the middle)

I know and it's stupid. The above are young, playing well and will show tons of desire to play for England. Much rather that than Rooney waltzing around mouthing off down cameras whilst Tom Cleverley attempts to get a negative pass completion percentage.

Rooney in there over Barkley isn't an inconceivable line up and I'd approve of that.

If Gerrard starts at the WC' date=' which he will, then Henderson has to play. It will be ridiculous if he doesn't.

The England setup is just a shambles in general though.[/quote']

It doesn't really matter who England select - they won't win it - and that shall make me smiley :D

I think it's fair to say that anyone not supporting Chelsea or City hope that Liverpool will win the league. And they would deserve to do so. I like watching them play. Something you couldn't say about the past 5/6 seasons.

That's wrong. I couldn't think of anything worse than them winning the league.