Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Guest JackWWFC

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

I'm perfectly fine mate:)' date='but do you honestly think Gardner is a better player than Jarvis?,most Blues fans don't have a clue what there talking about though,your in the relegation battle and there is no easy points at this stage of the season,the games against us and Fulham are two I'd expect you to lose in all honesty,if you said you could beat us I wouldn't have a problem but your making it sound like you'll win 4-0.

As for the side I'd have from a Wolves/Birmingham team.

Foster

Zubar Johnson Dann Ridgewell

Jarvis Miljas O Hara Bentley

Fletcher Doyle

So 6 to 5,but in all honesty I think Wolves are a younger more dynamic side,and most of your best players are loanees in all honesty.[/quote']

Very true, and a good point about Jarvo, Gardner is a good player but in all honesty O'Hara and Milijas are better and more technically gifted.

There are no easy teams in this division and you make a good point about that.

Squad ages also;

25.09 - Wolverhampton Wanderers

28.27 - Birmingham City

Also, that BCFC says "planning for europe"

To all Blues fans:

Your owner is in MASSIVE debt, having to sell off property to pay his fees.

Your stadium is awful, nice average attendance of 22,905. with Wolves' being 27,346

No history what-so-ever

Squad age is appauling, havint to bring thugs like Stephen Carr out of retirement

Look, parent company "Birmingham International Holdings" are in £29 Million, yes £29 Million debt.

Planning for Europe? Best get planning for League 1.

Fair point!

Neither is O'Hara, but a £5 Million deal is agreed for O'Hara in the summer..

As for Hammill/Bentley, from what I've seen of Bentley he loses the ball a lot and lacks pace..

All opinion, though.

Very true' date=' and a good point about Jarvo, Gardner is a good player but in all honesty O'Hara and Milijas are better and more technically gifted.

There are no easy teams in this division and you make a good point about that.

Squad ages also;

25.09 - Wolverhampton Wanderers

28.27 - Birmingham City

Also, that BCFC says "planning for europe"

To all Blues fans:

Your owner is in MASSIVE debt, having to sell off property to pay his fees.

Your stadium is awful, nice average attendance of 22,905. with Wolves' being 27,346

No history what-so-ever

Squad age is appauling, havint to bring thugs like [b']Stephen Carr [/b]out of retirement

Look, parent company "Birmingham International Holdings" are in £29 Million, yes £29 Million debt.

Planning for Europe? Best get planning for League 1.

Neither is O'Hara, but a £5 Million deal is agreed for O'Hara in the summer..

As for Hammill/Bentley, from what I've seen of Bentley he loses the ball a lot and lacks pace..

All opinion, though.

No one can have anything bad to say about Jarvis he seems really good and offers something different. When you were talking about the teams you sure you would play Fletcher, Zigic is a handful and Martins has ability. Ohara is really good and seems to have settled really well at Wolves. No offence but bentley is better than Hamill though he has alot of Prem League Experience and scores some special goals.The younger the better mate. Again Opinion aswell.

Guest JackWWFC

No one can have anything bad to say about Jarvis he seems really good and offers something different. When you were talking about the teams you sure you would play Fletcher' date=' Zigic is a handful and Martins has ability. Ohara is really good and seems to have settled really well at Wolves. No offence but bentley is better than Hamill though he has alot of Prem League Experience and scores some special goals.The younger the better mate. Again Opinion aswell.[/quote']

Look at Parts played in goals (Semi assists etc) & Total Dribbles completed. Hammil beats Bentley

Look at Parts played in goals (Semi assists etc) & Total Dribbles completed. Hammil beats Bentley

Suppose mate but In my opinion Bentley can make something out of nothing e.g. his goal vs Coventry in the cup. I havnt seen a lot of Hamill so I cant comment.

Haha no there a pretty decent team and the position my teams in I can't really judge :P

Pretty decent Rugby Team? If you call a pretty decent team 8 6FT+ Players who rely on set pieces crosses and Throwins decent, and yeh you should tell Phil Brown to buy a new stoke team, You'll climb the table:)

Pretty decent Rugby Team? If you call a pretty decent team 8 6FT+ Players who rely on set pieces crosses and Throwins decent' date=' and yeh you should tell Phil Brown to buy a new stoke team, You'll climb the table:)[/quote']

Stoke do what they do best, which is fine by me. They can play decent football at times but often rely on set-pieces. They're obviously a good team otherwise they wouldn't have been in the PL for the last few years.

Pretty decent Rugby Team? If you call a pretty decent team 8 6FT+ Players who rely on set pieces crosses and Throwins decent.

Actually, Stoke are one of my favourite teams if you look at it that way.

I wish they could play in Seri A/La Liga for a season:D.

Blues out of FA Cup. For some reason i actually dont mind. I no we could of went to Wembley for a second time, but ive never been in favour of the old 'Semi Final at Wembo' part of the Fa Cup. Itr wouldnt feel the same as it did when we got there in the Carling Cup final and won. We need to focus on the league, and i would trade in the next 10 Wembley finals if it meens staying up.

Stoke do what they do best' date=' which is fine by me. They can play decent football at times but often rely on set-pieces. They're obviously a good team otherwise they wouldn't have been in the PL for the last few years.[/quote']

Aye, in the prem for the last few years cause there manager is great, Ethrington* is good and they buy rejects from other clubs, Sunderland have been in the Prem the same amount of time and they dont rely on things like that, and this decent football is something I havnt seen.

Actually' date=' Stoke are one of my favourite teams if you look at it that way.

I wish they could play in Seri A/La Liga for a season:D.[/quote']

Yeh would love to see them for 1 Season, just like everyone did when they came up but now there approach to football gets annoying, good for them it works but with a manager like theirs they could try and play better football and stop being so reliant on Set Pieces- Throw ins

What a change in the premiership

Birmingham goes in the relegation zone, surely they wont be playing european football in the championship, but its so tight at the bottom, what will be the safety line to get over.

Man utd late late late show again, Thanks to Berbatov, More defensive problems with Evans going but also attacking with Berbatov scoring. 5 points clear.

Will Arsenal use Lehmann in 2 weeks after another keeping/defence problem, Lehmann knows how to muck not muck up lol

What a change in the premiership

Birmingham goes in the relegation zone' date=' surely they wont be playing european football in the championship, but its so tight at the bottom, what will be the safety line to get over.

Man utd late late late show again, Thanks to Berbatov, More defensive problems with Evans going but also attacking with Berbatov scoring. 5 points clear.

Will Arsenal use Lehmann in 2 weeks after another keeping/defence problem, Lehmann knows how to muck not muck up lol[/quote']

We are shocking!

I'm delighted with a draw against Tottenham at White Hart Lane although we have to be pretty thankful that Green was on top form yesterday, otherwise we could have quite easily lost the match. I'm not really sure why Carlton Cole did not round Gomes when presented with a one-on-one with him but I'm happy to have picked up a point where really we'd probably be expected to lose especially as our run-in includes playing Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City starting with the red half of Manchester next week. It'll be tough to get up to forty points but if we can do it we'll give ourselves a good chance of survival.

Also people are talking about Birmingham and what'll happen if they get relegated with regards to European competition, they enter in the third round where you'll have some tough sides to negotiate (Lokomotiv Moscow are also in that round for next season) and whoever comes in from Serie A and La Liga will obviously be very good. When you think Birmingham would have to play 46 games plus Carling Cup and FA Cup matches (depending how far they'd get in those) you wonder whether McCleish will give two hoots about it when, although it'll generate some money, getting back into the Premier League would be of a higher priority.

That said, they might not even get relegated so until their league status is confirmed we can't say much about what may or may not happen.

Stuart Holden will be out of action for 6 months following Evans' terrible tackle' date=' how people still think it wasn't worth a red card is beyond me.[/quote']

Big Blow for Bolton, He was progressing greatly, Never seen the red card so cant judge it.

I'll prob watch the highlights of the utd game tonite on the ps3 or summat.