Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Lol the Adam' date=' Parker, Bale inclusions are similar to what they do in American Sports when awarding the MVP (Most Valuable player) award.

:[/quote']

I disagree Parker has been sensational. No one in the league is as good as him in what he does.

Also Bale hasnt been great nor has he been influential to spurs season ( in the EPL ). I cannot fathom why he is in the list of nominees.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Weren't the nominations voted on in January? Might go some way to explaining the appearance of Bale. I'd personally have taken out Bale and Adam and put in Kompany and Nani. Nasri has done just about enough to warrant a place IMO; he's been Arsenal's key attacking threat this season.

The English Premier League is currently in 2nd place in the Fair Play League, with the top three nations getting an additional Europa League place. Chelsea are top, but are destined to qualify for the Champions League. The first club not in contention for Europe is Fulham, and after them, Blackpool.

Can't believe Bale got PFA Player of the year. Don't agree with it at all. I know he had a good CL campaign, and a breakthrough season, but Nani for example, and I'm not a Man utd fan, had 9 goals, and 18 assists, whilst Bale had 7 goals and 1 assist. Baffled altogether. I like Bale, but when you look at the list, I thought Nasri was the most deserving winner of it.

Can't believe Bale got PFA Player of the year. Don't agree with it at all. I know he had a good CL campaign' date=' and a breakthrough season, but Nani for example, and I'm not a Man utd fan, had 9 goals, and 18 assists, whilst Bale had 7 goals and 1 assist. Baffled altogether. I like Bale, but when you look at the list, I thought Nasri was the most deserving winner of it.[/quote']

I thought teves should have won it

What a game this is!! Gonna have to record Real/Barca and watch it when this is done!

I flicked over during half time and its really nervy. Really strange to see both teams giving the ball away so much.

Now back for the second half, without Bale... :(

Scott Parker has been awarded the FWA Player of the Season award. So that's him' date=' Meireles and Bale being awarded player of the season in three awards.[/quote']

That's fully deserved as he's been our best player all season and got his reward by playing in the Denmark game a couple of months ago. Also Meireles has been very good for Liverpool this season. Think Bale got in because it's an award for 2010 not the actual season which, if so, is also deserved in my opinion.

Scott Parker has been awarded the FWA Player of the Season award. So that's him' date=' Meireles and Bale being awarded player of the season in three awards.[/quote']

The FWA player of the season is the best award really. I looked at all the winners for the past 10 years and couldn't disagree with any of them. Parker was one of a few who deserved it.

The PFA player is 2nd best. It's prestige has been ruined ever since Giggs won it for scoring against West Ham. Bale winning it this year basing it on the champions league despite it being a domestic based award has summed it up. There have been at least 10 players better than Bale domestically.

The PFA fans player is the worst. Mereiles has been good but not player of the season good. Other competitors up for this award included: David Luiz (Decent half a season?) and Fernando Torres (Definately sarcastic voting).