Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Alot of the positions sorted today' date=' Arsenal have all but secured 4th (again... partly a good thing, great record, but obviosuly a dissapointment aswell). I cant see any of the bottom 3 getting out of it in the last 2 rounds... sunderlands run of form has been impressive, big escape really, everyoone had them and ofc palce (even more impressive) written off.

The main show now is definately the Title race with the Chelsea win. Fancy City to win it, just to crush Chirpy pool fans dreams hahaha. Same time id rather see Pool win becasue they arent a one man money show, but they way the fans are crowing after 24yrs in the wilderness is so laughable. when they win it, if they win it, ill be all ears.

Fulham have also shown some real heart to get in with a sniff of survival again, and if they do survive id imagine sunderland are the only ones who could swap.

Norwich and Cardiff gone, Good riddance to Norwich, feel sorry for Cardiff. Tan was arguably a big factor in getting them up, but i think he is also a big reason of why they will go down, he is a joke. They only just made history and Swans fans will love it but i think they will miss the competition (id love spurs to finish 17th every year, but if they go down how do we get to spank them???).

On that note happy St. totteringhams day.[/quote']

Also you could buy Liverpool Premiership Champions 2013/14 before the Chelsea game B)

Yeah saw that' date=' but awkward.

3BD11CA8-7E3D-4C41-BED3-7683F34BC85B_zps5xaqbwwt.jpg

What a bit like Chelsea contacting the local council to arrange there tour route and date for parading the PL trophy 3-4 weeks ago......

That came from actually WITHIN the club......the arrogance comes from the very top.

What a bit like Chelsea contacting the local council to arrange there tour route and date for parading the PL trophy 3-4 weeks ago......

That came from actually WITHIN the club......the arrogance comes from the very top.

Eh that is a bit different,you would have to to arrange with the council etc weeks (if not more) in advance,so you would have to do that just incase.. T-Shirts is a different story though,wouldn't be embarrassing to have a t-shirt and not win the league?

Alot of the positions sorted today' date=' Arsenal have all but secured 4th (again... partly a good thing, great record, but obviosuly a dissapointment aswell). I cant see any of the bottom 3 getting out of it in the last 2 rounds... sunderlands run of form has been impressive, big escape really, everyoone had them and ofc palce (even more impressive) written off.

The main show now is definately the Title race with the Chelsea win. Fancy City to win it, just to crush Chirpy pool fans dreams hahaha. Same time id rather see Pool win becasue they arent a one man money show, but they way the fans are crowing after 24yrs in the wilderness is so laughable. when they win it, if they win it, ill be all ears.

Fulham have also shown some real heart to get in with a sniff of survival again, and if they do survive id imagine sunderland are the only ones who could swap.

Norwich and Cardiff gone, Good riddance to Norwich, feel sorry for Cardiff. Tan was arguably a big factor in getting them up, but i think he is also a big reason of why they will go down, he is a joke. They only just made history and Swans fans will love it but i think they will miss the competition (id love spurs to finish 17th every year, but if they go down how do we get to spank them???).

On that note happy St. totteringhams day.[/quote']

I don't really know what there is to feel sorry for Cardiff fans as a collective, they've accepted Vincent Tan and the rebrand for a shot in the Premier League. It hasn't quite worked out for them when they've got here, but that was always going to be a risk they ran.

Yes I'll miss the derbies, but they've got what they've deserved and will have to face the consequences for not standing up against Tan when it was clear he had no idea how to run a football club.

I don't think it's good riddance to Norwich, more good riddance to Hughton. 37 goals in his 41 Premier League matches, in a Norwich side that does have the makings of a good attacking side.

Then why are you criticizing Mariner's method of refereeing? Why are you suggesting that it makes any sort of a difference that it took him time to make his decision? If you agree that he's made the right decision' date=' then you can't really have a problem with his method as the important thing is that he gets the decision right. If you can understand all three decisions, then why have you criticised Andre Mariner and accused him of bias towards Tottenham in the making of these decisions?[/quote']

It wasn't his usual method of refereeing, the Spurs players surrounded him and possibly influenced his decision, I don't mind how long it took him either, he made the right decision and that's that. You're just being picky, quite obvious.

I haven't accused him of being biased towards or in favor of Tottenham, but what I did say is based on reputation we probably would have hit the sending off if one of our players did what Rose did. Does that mean I'm bias to every other team in the league too then? As that's what it sounds like you're saying? Madness.

Of the stoke fans Ive read jaime's comments as I respect his opinion.

Fair enough on the yellow card already having been shown. At that point then maybe he did forget' date=' but he has a book which would have told him anyway or lino's who would also let him know. So if he forgets and then remembers again or gets told, it happens. In high pressure scenarios which reffing in the premier league obviously is there will be times when you have a brain fart. I really can't see the issue here guys. The game stopped, so what if he forgot? He got it right in the end.

This is just ridiculous.

Jono, i didn't read your comments because its probably just the same old rubbish of 'it wasn't the refs fault we lost but....it was the refs fault we lost'.

There isn't anything else I want to add to this discussion really.[/quote']

Haha you're incredibly arrogant. I have not once blamed the ref and once again I will repeat, our players didn't take their chances. You have some nerve and your views are incredibly bias, it's like your right and that's that. 'My way or the highway' kinda thing.

Eh that is a bit different' date='you would have to to arrange with the council etc weeks (if not more) in advance,so you would have to do that just incase.. T-Shirts is a different story though,wouldn't be embarrassing to have a t-shirt and not win the league?[/quote']

Your wrong.....again.

The difference in the Liverpool case is that those T Shirts have been printed by chancers looking to make some cash totally unconnected to the club in any shape or form.

The direction with regards to a parade is directly from the top of Chelsea arrogantly arranging winning parades weeks before they even have a chance of winning anything, very presumptuous.

You don't need months, weeks to organise a parade, it can be organised in a matter of days and I know because I work on this area.

Difference big difference your arrogance comes from within the actual club not outsiders. your board, your manager it is endemic. don't see Man City Liverpool organising victory parades....

It wasn't his usual method of refereeing' date=' the Spurs players surrounded him and possibly influenced his decision, I don't mind how long it took him either, he made the right decision and that's that. You're just being picky, quite obvious.

I haven't accused him of being biased towards or in favor of Tottenham, but what I did say is based on reputation we probably would have hit the sending off if one of our players did what Rose did. Does that mean I'm bias to every other team in the league too then? As that's what it sounds like you're saying? Madness.[/quote']

So why have you made any issue out of this, it's a non issue.

It's pretty straight forward what I'm saying, and it obviously has nothing to do with you're bias.

You've suggested that Mariner favoured Tottenham when making his decisions by stating that he would have sent off Rose if he was a Stoke player. That's obviously suggesting that he has a bias against Stoke when making refereeing.

Your wrong.....again.

The difference in the Liverpool case is that those T Shirts have been printed by chancers looking to make some cash totally unconnected to the club in any shape or form.

The direction with regards to a parade is directly from the top of Chelsea arrogantly arranging winning parades weeks before they even have a chance of winning anything' date=' very presumptuous.

You don't need months, weeks to organise a parade, it can be organised in a matter of days and I know because I work on this area.

[b']Difference big difference your arrogance comes from within the actual club not outsiders. your board, your manager it is endemic. don't see Man City Liverpool organising victory parades..[/b]..

Maybe you didn't want to the same mistake again:

bus.jpg

Your wrong.....again.

The direction with regards to a parade is directly from the top of Chelsea arrogantly arranging winning parades weeks before they even have a chance of winning anything' date=' very presumptuous.

Difference big difference your arrogance comes from within the actual club not outsiders. your board, your manager it is endemic. don't see Man City Liverpool organising victory parades....[/quote']

9XnO1XDZQOE

Maybe you didn't want to the same mistake again:

bus.jpg

Very different.

That was made once in the final and if you win the parade is the next day so that has to be done, no time to arrange anything differently. Chelsea's arrogance is arranging parades for PL title six games from the finish when they ain't even top and presuming they will get past Atletico Madrid over a month in advance of any European Cup final.

Totally different.

So why have you made any issue out of this' date=' it's a non issue.

It's pretty straight forward what I'm saying, and it obviously has nothing to do with you're bias.

You've suggested that Mariner favoured Tottenham when making his decisions by stating that he would have sent off Rose if he was a Stoke player. That's obviously suggesting that he has a bias against Stoke when making refereeing.[/quote']

Exactly, it's a non-issue. I'm not suggesting Marriner is bias against Stoke by the way, it's just that's the way we seem to be stereotyped sometimes and that's why the Stoke fans chanted what they did during the incident, however, in a jokey fashion.

Your wrong.....again.

Difference big difference your arrogance comes from within the actual club not outsiders. your board, your manager it is endemic. don't see Man City Liverpool organising victory parades....[/quote']

Very different.

That was made once in the final and if you win the parade is the next day so that has to be done' date=' no time to arrange anything differently. Chelsea's arrogance is arranging parades for PL title six games from the finish when they ain't even top and presuming they will get past Atletico Madrid over a month in advance of any European Cup final.

Totally different.[/quote']

I don't understand what the fuss is all about. Read the actual letter, then you'll understand why it was planned so early.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/04/18/article-2607662-1D2CFC7100000578-121_634x860.jpg

We are writing to give you very early warning of a possible Chelsea FC victory parade if the club are successful as they pursue Premier League and Champions League title next month.

While the club and our three councils understand that success is far from certain, we believe that the responsible thing to do is give you as much notice of the date as possible.

The need for us to plan for a parade follows police advice. They are concerned that a spontaneous celebration, should Chelsea be victorious, would be difficult to control and more disruptive for residents.

Hence we have agreed to work with all parties to ensure that any parade happens peacefully and with the minimum of inconvenience to residents

I hope you appreciate that this letter is only intended to give you advance warning about the possibility of a parade, as we have learned the lessons from previous parades where you told us that you wanted as much notice as possible.

While we wish Chelsea every success, we also realise that there are several twists and turns left this season and we promise to share our proposed plans as soon as we can

Very different.

That was made once in the final and if you win the parade is the next day so that has to be done' date=' no time to arrange anything differently. Chelsea's arrogance is arranging parades for PL title six games from the finish when they ain't even top and presuming they will get past Atletico Madrid over a month in advance of any European Cup final.

Totally different.[/quote']

You better not read the letter then,because it will show your little rant to be incorrect B)

Calm down Raybear, I didn't post the picture to goad anyone.

Plus if you read the letter to the council you will understand the reasoning behind it.

love reading things like this....

The next Cescs? Five fab Barca youngsters set to make a mark in the Prem

By Jamie Sanderson in Mirror Football Blog

Published 12:59 06/08/11

If the old football saying rings true, then England may well have invented it, Brazil arguably perfected it, but Spain are dominating it. The one-time perennial under achievers of the international stage now boast the World Cup and the European Championships at senior, Under-21 and Under-19 level, as well as being on course to lift the ongoing Under-20 World Cup, currently being played in Colombia.

The key of these winning sides? Barcelona players. Few can argue with the current Champions League holders record of developing talent, and as such, everybody wants to snap up a potential star of the future.

Premier League clubs are all too aware of the Spanish laws, and have previously been accused of pillaging Barcelona for their hottest prospects. This summer, around 80 players have left the various youth teams, with the latest, Oriol Romeu, joining a select few in swapping Spain for England.

Here's five former Barca kids who made that move this summer, and are ones to watch in the coming years.

1) Jon Miquel Toral Harper (Arsenal)

The Barcelona-born midfielder is no stranger to England - his mother Sheila Harper hails from Darlington, and only ended up staying in Spain after marrying her language teacher. Toral's transfer stirred more bad blood with the Gunners, with president Sandro Rosell accusing Arsene Wenger's youth policy as merely 'fishing around Europe for talent'.

Jon is a left footed central midfielder, but unlike Xavi, Iniesta, Thaigo and indeed Cesc Fabregas, this young play maker comes with a bulkier physique, while still maintaining key qualities such as excellent vision and a superb passing range.

2) Hector Bellerin (Arsenal)

Following hot on the heels of Jon Toral, versatile Hector Bellerin moved to Arsenal this summer on scholarship forms. The 16-year-old is a regular in Spain's youth teams, and can play at right back or behind a striker. However, he is most at home on the wing, where he scored against Watford on his debut for the youth team.

3) Gael Etock (Chelsea)

Although yet to be officially confirmed, the Samuel Eto'o mentored Gaël Etock is poised to join the Chelsea ranks despite building an impressive reputation in Spain. A product of the Eto'o Foundation, Etock has drawn comparisons with his fellow countryman, mostly for his power, agility and emphatic finishing.

4) Cristian Ceballos (Tottenham)

Ceballos joined Spurs this summer following a successful trial, after having his contract terminated. The stylish attacking midfielder who is dangerous with either foot, struggled to progress with Barca, but a number of European clubs were interested in acquiring his services. If Tottenham's coaching staff can get the youngster back on track, Technical Director Tim Sherwood believes the club have a potential gem.

5) Angoy Jesjua Cruyff (Wigan)

Wigan are close to completing the formalities on a deal to land the exciting Angoy Jesjua Cruyff, the grandson of Dutch legend Johan Cruyff. The defender had failed to make the move from the Juvenil B side to the A team, so mutually agreed to leave after two years in the La Masia system.

just goes to show, its all a load of nonsense :P

It's looking increasingly likely that Garry Monk will made permanent manager at the end of the season, which I'm pleased with.

On the whole I think Monk has done very well, achieving his aim to guide us to safety more comfortably than many would have thought. I think he's shown enough to indicate that he'd be the right man next season, and can lead us to a strong season. Performances have generally been very good under Monk besides the second halves against West Brom and Crystal Palace.

There are still areas that need to be addressed, defensively we haven't been good enough this season and whilst it's improved under Monk and a new right back in the summer should help we need to get the best out of our defenders next season.

Whilst we are still often criticized for not having a cutting edge, that's been far from the case this season. Despite missing a fully fit Michu this season, we've scored just a goal less than Southampton and Spurs and far more than direct sides in the bottom half who aren't criticized for this. We've created lots of chances, and taken them under Monk.

I think we're back on the right track, and have the makings of a strong side at this level. We need to sort out some below part player performance and bring in a three or four players with some additional quality in the summer, and I think we're on for a good season under Garry Monk.

The madness of English Football.....

QPR had higher wage bill than Atlético Madrid.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/01/qpr-higher-wage-bill-than-atletico-madrid

I'd really worry if I was a QPR fan that they have an owner who seems to think having wages amassing to 128% of total turnover (not even profit - although profit would be impossible) is a good business model for a football club

I'd really worry if I was a QPR fan that they have an owner who seems to think having wages amassing to 128% of total turnover (not even profit - although profit would be impossible) is a good business model for a football club

Under the FA's version of FFP, if they get promoted back through the play-offs this season then they'll face an immediate £60m fine.

Staggering.