Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Hope Wigan survive (2nd team of sorts:o)

Quite confident we'll stuff Blackpool meaning they are most certainly down and Birmingham are a spent force with 2 cup runs and a grueling season and I can see them playing for a draw in the hope its enough. So a win at Stoke should in all likelihood see Wigan stay up (wont be easy but inspiration will be drawn from the Sheffield United game)

If Birmingham lose 3-0 and Wigan lose 1-0, both teams will be on 39 points, -23 GD and 17 goals scored. If Blackpool lose 3-0 or greater, they will go down in 19th, and the final relegation place between Birmingham and Wigan would be decided via a play-off game at a neutral venue.

If Birmingham lose 3-0 and Wigan lose 1-0' date=' both teams will be on 39 points, -23 GD and 17 goals scored. If Blackpool lose 3-0 or greater, they will go down in 19th, and the final relegation place between Birmingham and Wigan would be decided via a play-off game at a neutral venue.[/quote']

I thought it would go to head to head, but if they are equal head to head, that would be absoloutly epic. :D

I thought it would go to head to head' date=' but if they are equal head to head, that would be absoloutly epic. :D[/quote']

This is according to the Premier League. Its been written on BBC Sports Live Text. If it did go down to head-to-head, Wigan would come out on top.

If Birmingham lose 3-0 and Wigan lose 1-0' date=' both teams will be on 39 points, -23 GD and 17 goals scored. If Blackpool lose 3-0 or greater, they will go down in 19th, and the final relegation place between Birmingham and Wigan would be decided via a play-off game at a neutral venue.[/quote']

Does that include goals scored and conceded? Not just GD.

I, the West Ham fan, am as cool as a cucumber today... :P

Annoyed we were relegated last week having gone 2-0 up but it'll be a good opportunity to shift some players we bought last season and didn't step up, plus some of the older players. Would like to see Parker and Green stay but I am pessimistic and we have good young players that can replace Green like Stech who's supposed to be really good. I'd like to see Stanislas and Sears given a lot of game time next season, with Mark Noble as captain if Parker does leave. As for our new manager, Chris Hughton would be good as he took Newcastle back up and did well with them this season before his was sacked.

Onto today, I can't for the life of me see Blackpool staying up as I can't see them getting anything at Old Trafford (but you never know). I also think Birmingham will find it tough against Spurs, and we all know that Wigan have been very inconsistent this season. Can't put my finger on who exactly will join us in the Championship but I think two of Blackpool, Birmingham and Wigan will go down.

Does that include goals scored and conceded? Not just GD.

The order that they determine positions is:

- GD

- Goals Scored

- Relegation play-off

Goals conceded doesnt come into the question. I think the FA should take a leaf from La Liga and use head-to-head's.

Fandabydoda!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Gary Taylor-Fletcher makes it 2-1 to Blackpool!

Couldn't really care if B'ham went down, just want Foster to stay in the Premier League, think with a better defense he could achieve 15+ clean sheets a season. Sign him up Arry!

Birmingham this season remind me of the Birmingham side with Mauro Zarate. You can't believe they are in the bottom three with the players they have. For instance, Foster, Roger Johnson, perhaps Gardner and Oba Martins (albeit he's on loan) are all mid-table/top half players, but when they play together, they can't get the results, coupled with the fact that some of the players are average at best (Derbyshire, Murphy etc)