Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

They're both outstanding and both have fair points. A lot of banter going too. Much more pleasant viewing than anything I've ever seen on MOTD.

Yeah my response was just banter, but that kinda debate right there is the absolute reason why they are the two best pundits around and MNF is without doubt the best football show.

Trememndous debate, solid reasoning and always great to hear people willing to debate rather than all the self back slapping and agreeing as we get on other TV Shows.

I suppose MNF does have more time to debate these issues to be fair to say MOTD but then I can't imagine Shearer, Gullit etc delivering the same kind of thoughtful insight.

I can't think of many clubs in the Premier League who have done badly in the transfer window thus far. Man Utd and Southampton may be considered but I wouldn't be very concerned if I was a fan of either. It seems only a matter of time before the chequebook is out on Rojo, (not convinced on Vidal or Benatia), and Van Gaal will also sign Blind IMO. However, he will know there are clear weaknesses in the side which he will address in this window I think. Also, Southampton may consider it bad as they have sold the core of their side for £60m+ but they are still working at a business profit and on paper their side is still not weak and should achieve mid-table quite easily. I also think Koeman will sign another CB to shore up their defence and possibly another signing, so they should be fine.

My beloved Burnley haven't been as active in terms of spending money as they have a tiny budget, so they may be considered as having a bad one but when you don't have the money what can you do? Dyche has did well with the resources at his disposal and the free transfers of Taylor and S.Reid look superb bringing crucial PL experience to the side. Overall, every side for me has did well in the summer and it should make for the best Premier League season yet. It is just so competitive.

Arsenal's signings of Sanchez, Debuchy, Chambers & Ospina look fantastic and Wenger is wise enough to know if he will need another signing. Chelsea's business also has been superb so overall what a season in store!!

We've officially signed Federico Fernandez from Napoli on a four year deal for a reported £8 million.

Fantastic piece of business. Monk has did quite well in his signings so far this window. Fernandez is the perfect ball playing CB for Swansea and although Chico was impressive for Swansea, Federico is an upgrade IMO. Sigurdsson adds extra quality to the middle of the park and along with Shelvey there Swansea look strong.

Fabianski, Rangel, Williams, Fernandez, Taylor, Shelvey, Ki, Sigurdsson, Dyer/Montero, Routledge, Bony/Gomis.

Looks quite strong and should finish in a quite comfortable position.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.

If these allegations are true, then Malky Mackay's career in football is over. There's no place for racist, homophobic or sexist remarks in football these days.

On another note, he sounds like an ideal candidate for UKIP.

Firstly dont eever believe daily mail as they post ** articles all the time. The texts they send between eachother seems like teenagers have been texting.

Looks like won't be getting a job in English football again then anytime soon... tan did always say the truth would come out one day. Doesn't change feelings about the rebrand but he was adamant on Malky. Probably explains why he dropped his claim against the club mind...

Welcome to the Cardiff circus palace fans :P hopefully you guys will get shot of moody aswell after this! To be fair the mail are usually pretty spot on with info about us. Has no place in football a manner like that being such a diverse game with players from all over the world.

Top of the league In the championship and yet we still have drama, never a dull day lol..

If what is alleged to be said has been then neither will find work again i would imagine.

In a way i do have sympathy though if they were private texts between each other how did they get into the public domain???

Dont make what they say right or anything but private discussions should remain that private.

If what is alleged to be said has been then neither will find work again i would imagine.

In a way i do have sympathy though if they were private texts between each other how did they get into the public domain???

Dont make what they say right or anything but private discussions should remain that private.

True, but if Moody and Mackay (almost sound like two criminals now) are engaging in such talk, at least be smart enough to cover the tracks well enough to not get caught. Once caught, no sympathy.

Absolutely moronic to do it via text too - so easy to get caught.

how did they get into the public domain???

Ian Moody's house was raided as part of an investigation into Cardiff's transfers.

Should they have been outed after all like you say it was private msgs. maybe it could've been kept under wraps, I'm not sure what to think of it really.

Atleast the public know what sort of characters they are.