Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

My my how the table is starting to have sort of old familiar shape to it. Man United up top where we belong just 3 point of second place.

Chelsea and Man City there as predicted' date=' Arsenal and Liverpool battling it out as usual to get into top 4 as predictd also. Had United won the game against Leicester City we would be sitting pretty in second place :eek:.

All in all its been a great few weeks if your a United fan considering how we started the season. Next up a relatively easy away game against WBA, which for some reason Liverpool made it look a lot harder then what it sould be.[/i']

Do you ever learn? The league table is nothing more than a current form table at present, and as it has already been pointed out you have not played any of the top 6 or 7 from last season bar Everton who haven't been great either yet should have got something out of the game on Saturday.

I am disillusioned to know how on earth you have a forum rep of 60! Well I do we just need more people to come forward and state that you are still using the "rep me I will rep you back" mentality.

It has not been out for a while so here it is:

7.jpg

Fair enough :D:D:D

Time to partyyyyy

I remember 18 months ago when you supported Tottenham :rolleyes:
Please elaborate.

To avoid misunderstanding' date=' [b']I'm a Tottenham fan[/b] and generally quite like AVB -- there are some things he's exceptionally good at and then some other skills he's still lacking. He has potential to become an exceptional manager should he develop well in certain important skills. And I think he's a better option than Redknapp.

Hahaha...:rolleyes:

i0zZKwFuXzEnQ.gif

I liked how Tottenham played but wasn't all that into football fandom back then. So any attachment I had to clubs was pretty light (not just Tottenham at the time - I actually made a reasonably long post about liking some other clubs too like Dortmund).

I also liked those teams purely based on how they played, with no attachment to their history, location, culture, etc.

I've matured in my fandom since then and gotten more attached to a single club (in the process ridding myself of other clubs (like Dortmund) as you might notice by my frequent visits to the We ain't got to history blog :)

So yeah, of course it's true, but so what?

---

What's funny though is instead of asking me what happened, the first instinct is to flame. Okay... -,-

Since that Tottenham point keeps being brought up whenever someone wants to make an ad hominem on me, let's just yell it loudly and get over with it

I USED TO LIKE HOW TOTTENHAM PLAYED AND SUPPORTED THEM BRIEFLY. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THEIR HISTORY, CULTURE, OR ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE 90 MINUTES ON THE PITCH. I NO LONGER SUPPORT TOTTENHAM.

Happy?

Meh' date=' if people are being negative and judgemental, then I'm going to call them out.[/quote']

In all honesty Safir your personal detrimental slurs are negative and judgemental as well. Smacks of hypocrisy.

Is it any wonder that forums guests now outweigh those who regularly use the forums. Who in there right mind wants to join up to this circus? Nobody is the answer if they were to read the last few pages of incessant drivel would be enough to put off any potential newbies.

Since that Tottenham point keeps being brought up whenever someone wants to make an ad hominem on me' date=' let's just yell it loudly and get over with it

I USED TO LIKE HOW TOTTENHAM PLAYED AND SUPPORTED THEM BRIEFLY. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THEIR HISTORY, CULTURE, OR ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE 90 MINUTES ON THE PITCH. I NO LONGER SUPPORT TOTTENHAM.

Happy?[/quote']

How on earth can you go from following Tottenham to following Chelsea within 18 months.

You are always on the defensive about Chelsea and yet you followed one of there bitterest rivals 18 months ago.

No real football fan would possibly switch sides like that.

I'm done that is just wow :eek:

Isn't he a Tottenham fan now. The team switching in this forum

i0zZKwFuXzEnQ.gif

I've been a tottenham fan for years and years mate. I was really into the french league for a while and thus 'supported' psg.. I followed their games and i enjoyed them playing. Tottenham was always my team.. And it is quite a different thing to go from spurs to Chelsea in that period of time..give him a few weeks and he'll be a gooner.

I've been a tottenham fan for years and years mate. I was really into the french league for a while and thus 'supported' psg.. I followed their games and i enjoyed them playing. Tottenham was always my team.. And it is quite a different thing to go from spurs to Chelsea in that period of time..give him a few weeks and he'll be a gooner.

He wont be a gunner, they arent successful enough :P

How on earth can you go from following Tottenham to following Chelsea within 18 months.

You are always on the defensive about Chelsea and yet you followed one of there bitterest rivals 18 months ago.

No real football fan would possibly switch sides like that.

I'm done that is just wow :eek:

I wasn't even aware of how intense the rivalry was lol

I wasn't brought up in the culture of football fandom so how could I know??

And now I get everyone after me and bashing me about something I didn't even understand at the time.

Tbh still don't understand that well.

When I supported Tottenham cursorily, I just wanted to see them play pretty football. Didn't care that much about winning.

Now I actually like to see my team win.

What's more funny though is people making this a big deal. It's like if you smiled at a girl when you were 8 years old, everyone around you telling you that's rape. Wut?

The sheer demonization on this thread is very strong.

If these guys were teenage girls, they'd be the biggest drama queens, and would literally yell rape at every guy trying to talk to them.

Mean girls anyone?

I wasn't even aware of how intense the rivalry was lol

I wasn't brought up in the culture of football fandom so how could I know??

And now I get everyone after me and bashing me about something I didn't even understand at the time.

Tbh still don't understand that well.

When I supported Tottenham cursorily' date=' I just wanted to see them play pretty football. Didn't care that much about winning.

[b']Now I actually like to see my team win.

[/b]

That explains why you went for Chelsea then ..

Sure' date=' I like to see my team win. I liked Spurs because they played pretty football. Nothing wrong with that.[/quote']

And when Chelsea stops winning and another team emerges and starts to win ... will you switch your allegiance to them aswell?

Like honestly I didn't really understand what sports rivalries are even. Still only vaguely understand but don't really feel it that much.

To me a win over Arsenal is more about 3 points, and I just don't care that much about "derbys" etc.

And when Chelsea stops winning and another team emerges and starts to win ... will you switch your allegiance to them aswell?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just lose interest in football and go do something else. I don't know and I honestly don't care.

What saddens me more though is your sheer extent of judgementalism.

You're all just going for the throat on someone who isn't even that experienced in football fandom, and am seriously contemplating quitting since I want nothing to do with this culture of judgementalism.

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe I'll just lose interest in football and go do something else. I don't know and I honestly don't care.

What saddens me more though is your sheer extent of judgementalism.

You're all just going for the throat on someone who isn't even that experienced in football fandom' date=' and am seriously contemplating quitting since I want nothing to do with this culture of judgementalism.[/quote']

Think of it as Finns vs. Russians ... or Swedes vs. Danes ... same thing here just in football terms ..