Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Roman Abramovich is an absolute clown.

You cant go around sacking people becasue they have.'t won a trophy, He won the double last year for goodness sake.

Im very surprised any manager would want to take over, Whats the point when you know that if you dont win anything your going to get the sack.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

It isn't Ancelotti's fault that Abramovich messed up the Chelsea system by overspending on Torres and keep trying to fit him into the system that obviously won't work. When they played 4-3-3 with Malouda, Drogba and Anelka/Kalou up front, they were smashing goals in, when Torres came, everything dried up...

Abramovich is a total twit.

It isn't Ancelotti's fault that Abramovich messed up the Chelsea system by overspending on Torres and keep trying to fit him into the system that obviously won't work. When they played 4-3-3 with Malouda' date=' Drogba and Anelka/Kalou up front, they were smashing goals in, when Torres came, everything dried up...

[b']Rep if you agree [/b]:)

Do you comment on youtube videos by any chance?

It isn't Ancelotti's fault that Abramovich messed up the Chelsea system by overspending on Torres and keep trying to fit him into the system that obviously won't work. When they played 4-3-3 with Malouda' date=' Drogba and Anelka/Kalou up front, they were smashing goals in, when Torres came, everything dried up...

Rep if you agree :)[/quote']

To be fair to Abramovich, the slump started long before january 31st. Actually our results have been better since then. Ancelotti has been poor this season and although I would say he deserves another chance, it was made clear to him that it was win or bust.

If we can get Villas Boas, the sacking could work out and I think Ancelotti will be happier back in Italy.

Carlo Ancelotti has been sacked.

It was on the cards but extremely disappointing from the Chelsea hierachy. Apart from Frank Rijkaard and Rafael Benitez' date=' who is available that has experience of winning the Champions League? Having said that, Benitez might be able to get Torres to shine agaim as he did at Liverpool.[/quote']

rafa would be an idiot to take that job on, he needs a club where he doesnt have an idiot owner (see arsenal, villa)

cant see any 'name' manager bar hiddink taking that job, so rijkaard/van basten/zola/di matteo would be far more likely

having said that, tempted by lippi at 33/1 seeing as he also has a good record in the european cup with juve (not so much inter tho)

To be fair to Abramovich' date=' the slump started long before january 31st. Actually our results have been better since then. Ancelotti has been poor this season and although I would say he deserves another chance, it was made clear to him that it was win or bust.

If we can get Villas Boas, the sacking could work out and I think Ancelotti will be happier back in Italy.[/quote']

The thing is that, Abramovich expects that, if he start spending money, they will win trophies. That is totally wrong, look how long it to Sir Alex to win his first trophy, and how many he has won since. Ancelotti needs to be given a chance, so he can totally make that team his own. No manager will succeed to stay at Stamford Bridge for more than 3/4 years under the pressure coming from the 'Big' man above. Abramovich made a big mistake in letting Mourinho leave. Scholari, an absolute legend, got half a season before he got sacked. The speed a manager lasts before he gets sacked nowadays is a total joke. :mad:

Rep if you agree :)[/quote']

This isn't youtube, stop asking for people to 'like' your comment :rolleyes:

Why do Wigan get such a bad press? I don't understand how they can be called an awful club. Yes' date=' their fanbase is small, but football is not their town's main sport - that doesn't make them an awful club.

The way I see it is they have a bright, young manager who tries to make his team play football. They have a great owner who has invested huge amounts of time and money in seeing the club to where they are today. They have a decent team with a few good, young players, and they can play really well on their day. And when it's all said and done, they are where they are because they deserve to be there - they've earned it. Their small fanbase doesn't mean they don't deserve to be in the league.[/quote']

No-one's said they don't deserve it (not sure where you've got that from). Every team in the PL deserves to be there having accumulated enough points in a lower division to get promoted. In-fact, the only recent exception of a team getting promoted and not deserving it is Forest in 2008 when they got promoted automatically despise accumulating the 3rd highest amount of points.

I just dislike Wigan. Their support is awful. Fair play to few hundred or so regulars, but when something like 70 (700? I'm not sure which) fans turns up to an important Premiership game, it really is pathetic. They've bought their way to the top flight and they're now staying there because of the ludicrous amounts of Sky money, with a fanbase of a League 1 side who show little enthusiasm unless they score.

From a personal point of view, I'd much rather be playing Wigan next year than Birmingham too.

Haha' date=' good job at completely deflecting my post whilst making up irrelevent nonsense.

Where does a sense of humour come into it?[/quote']

The haha bit? Does that not count as humour? Anyway, i'm not getting sucked into an argument which is clearly what you want. Ignore list for you...bye bye.

The haha bit? Does that not count as humour? Anyway' date=' i'm not getting sucked into an argument which is clearly what you want. Ignore list for you...bye bye.[/quote']

Haha you're so sad.

Of course you can't read this as I'm on your block list too, after replying to several of your ridiculous comments, pointing out that you're an idiot.

:)

Lets just hope Swansea are here next season, and i'll be posting here - but anything can happen and bring on Monday. Unbeliavably nervous though.

Anyway, one player looks definatly set to play in the Premiership next season - whether Swansea win or lose. Pratley set to join Bolton, yes you shouldn't believe everything you read but they seem very keen on it saying it almost like it's certain to happen. Anyway if we don't go up, and he leaves for Bolton i won't be unhappy, i'd rather him move up a level then take a step sideways.

Hi Premiership,

We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm sure you'll be able to keep an eye on him. Just pleasure him - if he says Swansea are better than Real Madrid then tell him it's probably true and he'll be happy.

We'll be returning a year from now, hope you cope OK.

Yours sincerely,

Championship.

Hi Premiership' date='

We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm sure you'll be able to keep an eye on him. Just pleasure him - if he says Swansea are better than Real Madrid then tell him it's probably true and he'll be happy.

We'll be returning a year from now, hope you cope OK.

Yours sincerely,

Championship.[/quote']

:D:D:D:D:D very good

Oi get back to the championship you lot.

Anyway, I may big up the Swans but you know what, tonight proves that I was right to. Anyway I may tend to over do things, but you know what - this swansea team is worth shouting about.

AND WE WERE SIGNING, HYMES AND ARRIAS, LAND OF MY FATHERS, AR Y FY NOS

Oi get back to the championship you lot.

Anyway' date=' I may big up the Swans but you know what, tonight proves that I was right to. Anyway I may tend to over do things, but you know what - this swansea team is worth shouting about.

AND WE WERE SIGNING, HYMES AND ARRIAS, LAND OF MY FATHERS, AR Y FY NOS[/quote']

*Ar hyd y nos.

(I'll let you off as a football fan singing predominantly a rugby chant ;) )

Welcome to the Premiership. :)

*Ar hyd y nos.

(I'll let you off as a football fan singing predominantly a rugby chant ;) )

Welcome to the Premiership. :)

I'm not being funny, but that wasn't even me. I used it when using my phone up in london and copied and pasted into a couple of places and look where it's good be :o

Parade today, fair few went down but it wasn't too long. Cardiff fans seem to think we don't care about the promotion because we didn't go there - according to there forums, but in truth it was just about 10-15 minutes really with Brendan, Huw, Darren Pratley and Alan Tate giving a few song and there thoughts.