Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Name 10 world class players and i can guarantee none of them were playing championship football at the age of 19.

I can also guarantee that each of them were held in much higher ragard than Borini.

I like Borini but he will not be world class. Lets be realistic. Anything could happen. I suppose i could become a professional footballer :rolleyes:

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Name 10 world class players and i can guarantee none of them were playing championship football at the age of 19.

I can also guarantee that each of them were held in much higher ragard than Borini.

I like Borini but he will not be world class. Lets be realistic. Anything could happen. I suppose i could become a professional footballer :rolleyes:

It was a loan spell for god sake, from the top of my head, im sure Beckham had a spell at Preston, Silva was sent out to a lower league side. Don't think many people expected Drogba to be world class when he was 19.

Look, i'm not saying Borini will be world class, but i dont think its fair to write him off either.

And yeah if you're good enough, dont see why you cant become a professional footballer :)

EDIT Julio Cruz was a gardener for his local side before he became pro, and during his Inter days, you can argue he was World Class.

It was a loan spell for god sake' date=' from the top of my head, im sure Beckham had a spell at Preston, Silva was sent out to a lower league side. Don't think many people expected Drogba to be world class when he was 19.

Look, i'm not saying Borini will be world class, but i dont think its fair to write him off either.

And yeah if you're good enough, dont see why you cant become a professional footballer :)[/quote']

Drogba is a rare exception. Discussing if they went out on loan was incorrect of me. I accept that.

However, the point stands that they were held in higher regard than him. He could become world class, but so could hundreds of other players then. I think he will be a good player, world class... no.

Drogba is a rare exception. Discussing if they went out on loan was incorrect of me. I accept that.

However' date=' the point stands that they were held in higher regard than him. He could become world class, but so could hundreds of other players then. I think he will be a good player, world class... no.[/quote']

Cruz was a gardener, Grafite(okay he's not world class, but still a decent striker) was selling bin liners in his early twenties, nobody really expected Hulk to make the progress he has done, you say Drogba is a rare exception, why cant Borini be another?

Your talking as if Borini is a nobody, don't think many untalented players are signed by chelski, he's represented italy at all youth levels aswell.

Then theres also them players who are talked up so much at a young age, but never manage to make it to the big time, Saviola for example. Theres so much obstacles in a players way to the top, it takes dedication and commitment, and some players, despite having the talent, aren't willing to put the work in.

Im not saying Borini will certainly make it to the top, but he certainly has a chance.

Cruz was a gardener' date=' Grafite(okay he's not world class, but still a decent striker) was selling bin liners in his early twenties, nobody really expected Hulk to make the progress he has done, you say Drogba is a rare exception, why cant Borini be another?

Your talking as if Borini is a nobody, don't think many untalented players are signed by chelski, he's represented italy at all youth levels aswell.

Then theres also them players who are talked up so much at a young age, but never manage to make it to the big time, Saviola for example. Theres so much obstacles in a players way to the top, it takes dedication and commitment, and some players, despite having the talent, aren't willing to put the work in.

Im not saying Borini will certainly make it to the top, but he certainly has a chance.[/quote']

I wouldn't class any of those as world class. You do get late bloomers like Drogba but Aidan implied that Borini would be world class because he was proving himself in the Championship at 19, which I disagreed with.

I'm a big cynic though but it's often for the best. Macheda makes his United debut whilst very young and scores a couple and everyone claims he's the next big thing. Then he goes out on loan to Sampdoria and is useless.

Get back to league 1 thread Newman :P
Yeh' date=' you're a good two divisions away ;)[/quote']

Haha, I know, I know, just making a point that one of the greatest England captains ever (No one was better than Bobby Moore though obviously) played for one of the greatest clubs ever :D

I joke, I joke :P

Compare that Jon, you had one of the best Nigerian players :P;)

Haha' date=' I know, I know, just making a point that one of the greatest England captains ever (No one was better than Bobby Moore though obviously) played for one of the greatest clubs ever :D

I joke, I joke :P

Compare that Jon, you had one of the best Nigerian players :P;)[/quote']

Well we had players like Gary Lineker (ex-Barcelona!), Peter Shilton and Gordon Banks play for us, so there! :D

Only 3/4 times (when Swansea have been on the BBC and the play-offs). However' date=' can performing at that level really give any indication as to whether he'll be world class (using my definition of world class)?[/quote']

It can if he's in the Italy U21 side, AHEAD of Mario Balotteli and co. He's going to be big. I've seen him 8 or 9 times in a Swansea shirt, each one proved so much to me.

Beckham at North End' date=' we've had Frank Lampard down in League 2.

[YOUTUBE']8i37Fa2yOBs[/YOUTUBE]

This sort of ability shows me he can be world class, no-one in the Championship can do that, very few in the Premiership can do that - whoever your up against that's going in.

It can if he's in the Italy U21 side' date=' AHEAD of Mario Balotteli and co. He's going to be big. I've seen him 8 or 9 times in a Swansea shirt, each one proved so much to me.[/quote']

That bit about Mario Balotelli is nonsense. He isn't always included but Borini plays in the U21's ahead of Mario Balotelli because Balotelli plays for the senior national team.

Jack try reading the rest of the posts before quoting me.

If your insinuation Borini is in the same class as Beckham then we can end the discussion here.

He aint gonna be world class.

Adam, what are you talking about. I'm telling you Borini has been as good as Beckham at THIS AGE. He's not going to be going for £25 million or playing for Real Madrid or Man. United or anything.

I've had enough of this, i'm not telling you he's World Class. I'm telling you he will be in the future - jesus christ, it's not exactly unheard of that someone who helps earn promotion for a Championship team whilst out on loan from a major club can go on to do big things.

You won't be seeing me for a while B)

EDIT: Oh my god, what are you on about. I haven't said any of the things you've claimed i've said - did i say no-one can score a free-kick, did i say scoring a free-kick makes him a good player, did i say he's a world class player at the moment.

Adam' date=' what are you talking about. I'm telling you Borini has been as good as Beckham at THIS AGE. He's not going to be going for £25 million or playing for Real Madrid or Man. United or anything.

I've had enough of this, i'm not telling you he's World Class. I'm telling you he will be in the future - jesus christ, it's not exactly unheard of that someone who helps earn promotion for a Championship team whilst out on loan from a major club can go on to do big things.

[b']You won't be seeing me for a while [/b] B)

EDIT: Oh my god, what are you on about. I haven't said any of the things you've claimed i've said - did i say no-one can score a free-kick, did i say scoring a free-kick makes him a good player, did i say he's a world class player at the moment.

Didn't quite last the whole year then :P

It can if he's in the Italy U21 side' date=' AHEAD of Mario Balotteli and co. He's going to be big. I've seen him 8 or 9 times in a Swansea shirt, each one proved so much to me.

Beckham at North End, we've had Frank Lampard down in League 2.

[YOUTUBE']8i37Fa2yOBs[/YOUTUBE]

This sort of ability shows me he can be world class, no-one in the Championship can do that, very few in the Premiership can do that - whoever your up against that's going in.

Nobody else in the championship can do that. :)

Didn't quite last the whole year then :P

Haha :P:D

Nobody else in the championship can do that. :)

Well you've obviously mis-interpreted it then. It's obvious i didn't mean no-body in the Championship can score a free-kick :rolleyes:

No-body in the Championship can hit a free-kick with the technique he used, that's Ronaldo/Drogba style. Right in the top hand corner, and no-one stopping that.

Well you've obviously mis-interpreted it then. It's obvious i didn't mean no-body in the Championship can score a free-kick :rolleyes:

No-body in the Championship can hit a free-kick with the technique he used' date=' that's Ronaldo/Drogba style. Right in the top hand corner, and no-one stopping that.[/quote']

Ronaldo's woeful at free-kicks. The number of efforts he has compared to the number he scores is ridiculous. Sure they look pretty if they go in but it still only counts as one goal...

No-body in the Championship can hit a free-kick with the technique he used' date=' that's Ronaldo/Drogba style. Right in the top hand corner, and no-one stopping that.[/quote']

Im just going to agree with you.

Give me strength. :rolleyes:

IMO scoring a free kick using that technique doesnt make it better than someone who uses the conventional method.