Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

So Mark Hughes has resigned at Fulham, but denies making any contact with Villa?

Tell me how that works then. He wouldn't quit and just assume that he'll get the Villa job, so there must've been some kind of contact. Villa have denied approaching him too, so something isn't right.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify that neither myself nor my representative have approached or have been approached by another club.

"This decision to leave Fulham has not been influenced by any outside party."

Hmmm... B)

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

He will sign for us.

Rumours flying about last season he was holding out for us, as soon as we need a manager he steps down...... bookies favourite immediately.

It could be due to the fact that if we approached him prior to June 1st ( when he could break his contract ), we would owe Fulham compensation ?

Ofcourse both parties would deny any contact.

EDIT: Ironic how a premiership thread was started by a brum fan :)

He will sign for us.

Rumours flying about last season he was holding out for us' date=' as soon as we need a manager he steps down...... bookies favourite immediately.

It could be due to the fact that if we approached him prior to June 1st ( when he could break his contract ), we would owe Fulham compensation ?

Ofcourse both parties would deny any contact.

[b']EDIT: Ironic how a premiership thread was started by a brum fan[/b] :)

Not technically irony, but I know what you mean.

The Championship thread was also created by a Wednesday fan, and the League 1 thread by a Norwich fan.

!

Not technically irony' date=' but I know what you mean.

The Championship thread was also created by a Wednesday fan, and the League 1 thread by a Norwich fan.[/quote']

True.... but you get my drift :D

Im not going to turn down an opportunity to rub salt into the wound am I.

Your right Jack, im not guaranteeing he will join, i just see it as very likely.

EDIT: Sources within sky sports are suggesting Villa arent even interested in Hughes. Weird.... best not end up with some awful idiot now.

I haven't seem much of Jones' date=' so can't comment really, although I doubt he'd be a regular.

McAuley however is a quality defender, very under-rated. I think with a run of games he could make a place in the WBA XI his own.

[b']Norwich trying to sign Snodgrass now, with a bid of £3.5m rejected. As long as Gradel stays, I wouldn't be too unhappy, assuming the money was reinvested (it probably wouldn't be, knowing out tight.. of a chairman), but obviously I'd rather we kept him.

[/b]

19C52ED6-D9B2-E601-5B5CC820FB198433.jpg

dollar-signs.jpg?0

£2.5m on Vaughan, £2.8m on Morison, £3.5m on Snodgrass. Yes these deals haven't been completed, besides James Vaughan, but they certainly seem to be chucking there cash about don't they.

As for Swansea, a £3m bid on a more productive infront of goal striker in Danny Graham. That's about it. Whilst QPR haven't really shown any real confirmed bid at all, just a load of talk of late.

Norwich test leeds resolve with a bid for Snodgrass !

I must admit i like the way Norwich are going about things' date=' must be so exciting as a Norwich fan now, just promoted and there is no messing about,transfers right from the off ! :D

[url']http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6964101,00.html[/url]

Yes i'm sure it's exciting, it's also probably exciting to bungee jump, but your jumping in a downward direction. Snodgrass is a good player, but not worth chucking a lot more money than £3.5 million at. Morison will flop, as will Vaughan, and you've spent almost £5m on the two of them, it's ludicrous.

I wouldn't mind spending £3m on Danny Graham, even if it's a little expensive, as he gets the goals and does the buisness. All be it in the Championship, but with a group of players who should be in the relegation zone, which i believe he can repeat in the Premiership with us. Other than that though, i don't think we should be sucked into spending so much money on succesfull Championship players, as there valuation is WAY too high. Signing free-agents/foreign players is clearly the way to go.

I read in 4-4-2 that if each premiere league game finished after 65 ( maybe 75 ) minutes. City would of won the league.

Alternatively if only goals by Englishmen counted. Aston Villa and Blackpool would of battled for the premiere league title with Villa coming out on top, Liverpool would also be relegated.

I read in 4-4-2 that if each premiere league game finished after 65 ( maybe 75 ) minutes. City would of won the league.

Alternatively if only goals by Englishmen counted. Aston Villa and Blackpool would of battled for the premiere league title with Villa coming out on top' date=' Liverpool would also be relegated.[/quote']

Bloody 90 minute matches; when did they get introduced?! :rolleyes:

Alternatively if only goals by Englishmen counted. Aston Villa and Blackpool would of battled for the premiere league title with Villa coming out on top' date=' Liverpool would also be relegated.[/quote']

If there were no such thing as stoppage time, Norwich would be preparing for a season in League 1 right now, as opposed to the Premiership.

SSN: Watford accept £3.5 million bid from Swansea for Danny Graham' date=' quality striker, should do well in the premiership![/quote']

I'm delighted! Competition from West Brom and mainly QPR apparantly, but i'm glad he's coming down to Swansea. He's what we want, yes there are other strikers out there and probably for £500k cheaper and maybe a little younger, but this lad is what we need. Good workrate makes runs, fairly fast and can finish. Pretty much what Fabio Borini did down here and that's why he was so succesfull, i'd rather Borini have joined but we have to move on and Graham is a fantastic buy.

Way back in March 2004, we signed Paul Connor from Rochdale for a fee of £35,000. The first time we had spent money on a player in 5 YEARS. June 2011, and it looks like we've secured the signing of Danny Graham from Watford for a fee of £3.5 million.

It's incredible really. More then tripled the £1 million that we've probably now completely spent on Scott Sinclair, so he is by far and away our record signing.

Now let's be hoping the deal is finalised, so i'm not looking like an idiot here and i'm going to look forward to what else we can bring in. Now that the main issue has been sorted :)

I'm delighted! Competition from West Brom and mainly QPR apparantly' date=' but i'm glad he's coming down to Swansea. He's what we want, yes there are other strikers out there and probably for £500k cheaper and maybe a little younger, but this lad is what we need. Good workrate makes runs, fairly fast and can finish. Pretty much what Fabio Borini did down here and that's why he was so succesfull, i'd rather Borini have joined but we have to move on and Graham is a fantastic buy.

[b']Way back in March 2004, we signed Paul Connor from Rochdale for a fee of £35,000. The first time we had spent money on a player in 5 YEARS. June 2011, and it looks like we've secured the signing of Danny Graham from Watford for a fee of £3.5 million.[/b]

It's incredible really. More then tripled the £1 million that we've probably now completely spent on Scott Sinclair, so he is by far and away our record signing.

Now let's be hoping the deal is finalised, so i'm not looking like an idiot here and i'm going to look forward to what else we can bring in. Now that the main issue has been sorted :)

Do you not think that you're paying way too much for a guy who's had one good season in the Championship? £3.5m seems like hell of a lot for a guy who's had one average and one great season in the Championship.

Were it not Swansea, but Norwich that were buying him for £3.5m, I'm sure you would be criticising them for paying too much for a guy who's completely unproven in the PL :o

Do you not think that you're paying way too much for a guy who's had one good season in the Championship? £3.5m seems like hell of a lot for a guy who's had once average and one great season in the Championship.

Were it not Swansea' date=' but Norwich that were buying him for £3.5m, I'm sure you would be criticising them for paying too much for a guy who's completely unproven in the PL :o[/quote']

No, because he's a striker who simply fits in with Swansea. I would probably be criticising Norwich had they signed him, not because he wasn't worth the money - but the fact they've got way too many striker and two or three strikers too many.

Perhaps were paying a little bit too much, maybe £500k or so too much for him because of competition from QPR for him. But it's worth it, not every striker is the right one for our style of play, which is why Tamas Priskin completely flopped here and barely kicked a ball. Graham is exactly what we need, good workrate, decent pace and that all important eye for goal.

With Swansea in such need for a good striker, money is priceless on this signing. It shows intent from the board that they are prepared to spend money, and what's wrong with spending a little bit of extra money - nobody's going to care if he's able to score the goals to keep us in the division.

No' date=' because he's a striker who simply fits in with Swansea. I would probably be criticising Norwich had they signed him, not because he wasn't worth the money - but the fact they've got way too many striker and two or three strikers too many.

Perhaps were paying a little bit too much, maybe £500k or so too much for him because of competition from QPR for him. But it's worth it, not every striker is the right one for our style of play, which is why Tamas Priskin completely flopped here and barely kicked a ball. Graham is exactly what we need, good workrate, decent pace and that all important eye for goal.

With Swansea in such need for a good striker, money is priceless on this signing. It shows intent from the board that they are prepared to spend money, and what's wrong with spending a little bit of extra money - nobody's going to care if he's able to score the goals to keep us in the division.[/quote']

I'm just saying that he's had one great season at Watford, and it's a big step up to the Premier League, especially with a promoted side.

Only time will tell I suppose :)

EDIT: And you probably shouldn't brag about him until you've signed him ;)

I'm just saying that he's had one great season at Watford' date=' and it's a big step up to the Premier League, especially with a promoted side.

EDIT: And you probably shouldn't brag about him until you've signed him ;)[/quote']

Also just remember Jason Scotland at Wigan. I'm sure Graham will be better than him, but it shows the difference between the Championship and PL when it comes to scoring goals.

I'm just saying that he's had one great season at Watford' date=' and it's a big step up to the Premier League, especially with a promoted side.

EDIT: And you probably shouldn't brag about him until you've signed him ;)[/quote']

If he turned around tommorow, and said he's joined QPR or whatever. I'd speak just as highly of him.

Yes it's a step up, but it's not as if he's playing alongside a lot of good Championship players. All Watford have to boast about besides him are John Eustace and Marvin Sordell, and yet working with a side who are of quality no better than relegation he's been the Championships top scorer. This is what i believe he can do for us next season, and if he scores double figures - £3.5m is well worth it.

We can't sign players who are established Premiership strikers who have been playing well recentley, it's just not a reality for us to beable to sign them for £3.5m and neither is it a reality to beable to pay there wages. Danny Graham is the perfect signing for us, and i hope we follow it with spending £1.5-2.5m on someone like Matt Mills or Luke Chambers. Yes it's a little bit over the top, but a centre-back of that standard is worth it, very much like the £2.5m for Scott Dann was worth it and the £5m for Roger Johnson was worth it when they spent money on centre-backs after getting promooted.

Also just remember Jason Scotland at Wigan. I'm sure Graham will be better than him' date=' but it shows the difference between the Championship and PL when it comes to scoring goals.[/quote']

We're not going to be putting him on the bench, that's a certainty. :rolleyes:

You could mention DJ Campbell and Andy Carroll from this season alone.